Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

D License

• 21-02-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    If this is the wrong place I apologize in advance. Looking to get my Bus license.
    Can anyone who has passed it lately let me know the cost and how long it took.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

If your going to apply for the Dublin Bus jobs then you will need to do both your Theory and CPC Case Study tests. The Tests cost 75 euro each and have a month + waiting list times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

If your going to apply for the Dublin Bus jobs then you will need to do both your Theory and CPC Case Study tests. The Tests cost 75 euro each and have a month + waiting list times.

Thanks for the Reply, it's not for DB.
    I have a little tourism Company, and I'm thinking of Doing the driving my self rather than outsourcing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

neckedit wrote: »
    Thanks for the Reply, it's not for DB.
    I have a little tourism Company, and I'm thinking of Doing the driving my self rather than outsourcing.

If you are getting paid to drive the bus you must complete the CPC exams anyway plus a practical on the day of the test.

Truckermal wrote: »
    If you are getting paid to drive the bus you must complete the CPC exams anyway plus a practical on the day of the test.

Thanks, I got that info today,
    I'm wondering can anybody tell me is there a minimum or maximum lessons you need to take?

Thanks, I got that info today,
    I'm wondering can anybody tell me is there a minimum or maximum lessons you need to take?

No I only had 1.5 hours on the morning of the test.

• Advertisement

No I only had 1.5 hours on the morning of the test.

Oh.... really..... There is no Minimum requirements,?
    Thanks for the reply Trucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Oh.... really..... There is no Minimum requirements,?
    Thanks for the reply Trucker.

There is no required lessons, just the test pass but unless you have experience with a large vehicle you are not going to pass without a number of lessons.

I am guessing Truckermal was already a trucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Rent a sprinter van get some practice.

Rent a sprinter van get some practice.

Thanks for all the replies.
    I've had a bit of driving vans and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Anyone have any idea what the Driver CPC Case Study Test is?

• Advertisement

Anyone have any idea what the Driver CPC Case Study Test is?

They give you a story and then you answer questions on that story relating to safety and bullcrap..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

They give you a story and then you answer questions on that story relating to safety and bullcrap..

A scenario like shifting a drunk off the bus or a micra pulls out in front of you? That kind of thing?

A scenario like shifting a drunk off the bus or a micra pulls out in front of you? That kind of thing?

Yes something like that all thought I misread the bit about shifting a drunk for a bit...:pac:

Actually op I gave you wrong information as the rules changed last year...
    http://www.theorytest.ie/driver-cpc-certificate-professional-competence/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BadSanta

Yes something like that all thought I misread the bit about shifting a drunk for a bit...:pac:

Actually op I gave you wrong information as the rules changed last year...
    http://www.theorytest.ie/driver-cpc-certificate-professional-competence/
    yes CPC step 1 is included on your theory test. I passed mine a week ago and now on my way to get medical test and get my Provisional license.

Advertisement