Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Premium Free for three months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Stupify

Well I am on the free 3 months,I say I would be interested after this so chalk me down for a spot.

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Stupify wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting a boards family for this youtube premium if enough people are interested, let me know.

Would be interested after my 3 mts trial :)

degsie wrote: »
    Would be interested after my 3 mts trial :)

Have the two of ye down so, will bring it up again after the trails end for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why would you pay for Prime,I think there is nothing on it unless you are getting the free delivery. A good IPTV sub I use for the rest thats costs me 50 a year.
    |I get what you mean those payments add up but the only one I dont have a group payment with is Netflix.

I'm not saying I'm paying for it..I was giving examples of the numerous subs people could have

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So when I use YouTube Vanced - it does not track what I watched in my history when on youtube desktop. Anyone know how i can change this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Plenty of pirate bay proxies are still active

I know of a service that is a skin over chromium/a torrent downloader that shows the imdb image, rating and description for any files. It's like a much better version of netflix. It's open source and the code is on github too so you know it's reasonably safe. Anyone is welcome to PM about it if they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

GarIT wrote:
    I know of a service that is a skin over chromium/a torrent downloader that shows the imdb image, rating and description for any files. It's like a much better version of netflix. It's open source and the code is on github too so you know it's reasonably safe. Anyone is welcome to PM about it if they want to.

I'll take a pm off you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

I signed up for youtube premium family (trial) but I since noticed that everyone has to be located in the same address. My son goes back to college in sept and can stay up there for weeks on end. Does anyone know what the limitations are around this? I'm with Spotify at the moment and I don't want the hassle if its going to lock him out.

I went on google help chat and was rather ominously told 'their algorithms' will know where he is. I assume this is location based but is there a time span?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

ted1 wrote: »
    NEST
    NETFLIX
    APPLE MUSIC
    SPOTIFY
    ETC

anybody else getting fed up of these subscriptions?

TBH Netflix and Spotify are reasonable priced considering what they offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I signed up for Cobra Kai but I won’t be renewing again until season 2 in 2019.

It’s a fun little show for fans of the original Karate Kid. Original actors back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

Tried a new account today and it was only offering 1 month rather than 3 months as I expected, has the offer recently changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes, same here, it looks like it's only 1 month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

My 3 months YouTube premium is going to expire now.

Been addicted to playing music in the background and Downloaded few videos as well.

Any way around to get it cheaper? It says 12 euros/month at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No ways currently. Paying with mobile seems to be the best way if you don't use your credit for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My 3 months YouTube premium is going to expire now.

Been addicted to playing music in the background and Downloaded few videos as well.

Any way around to get it cheaper? It says 12 euros/month at present.

YouTube vanced will get you background play.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757

Works very well and no root is required.

Many thanks. I will give it a try
    Sir Dosser wrote: »

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757

I have just downloaded it. But whenever I click on Vanced the main YouTube app opens with premium account written on top. Could it because I still have few days left on my premium account?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Did anyone end up setting up a family that needs a member? ðŸ˜

numorouno wrote: »
    Did anyone end up setting up a family that needs a member? ðŸ˜

I have one space available on my family account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Stupify wrote: »
    I have one space available on my family account.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Is the 'family' thing workable, like Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ah that works brilliantly!
    Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If there is a family spot going, ill put my hand up. Love the functionality, but the $11.99 a month is pretty rediculous tbh.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Interesting in joining a family also... :D
    Me too

PM me i guess and we can set one up and add another 2 if they arrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ste47

I'd like to be apart of that family plan if there is a spot going

Should be!

1 spot remaining in our new little family..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Pter wrote: »
    Should be!

1 spot remaining in our new little family.

$17.99 (family membership fee) / 5 = $3.60 per month, which is €3.11 per person in new money. So thats what we are looking at, i think.

I’ll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bassface93

Pter wrote: »
    If there is a family spot going, ill put my hand up. Love the functionality, but the $11.99 a month is pretty rediculous tbh.

PM me i guess and we can set one up and add another 2 if they arrive :)

I'm not sure, like youtube music is maybe not as good as spotify but has a lot of cool features like being able to add youtube videos into your playlists (really good if there's a particular live performance or remix you like on youtube) Add that to the ad-free youtube itself and background play and access to the premium shows etc. I think its fairly solid value for 11.99 if you watch a lot of youtube, considering netflix is 10.99 for the standard plan and you'll pay 13.99 if you want to stream in 4k and a lot of the content on it is garbage!

• Advertisement

If you using it all I'd say then yes it's worth it. But the original shows aren't great outside of kobra Kai imo.

Also consider Netflix is €11.99 But has 5 profile accesses built in. With YTP ITS about €10 for 1 access.

Sharing a family plan makes the whole thing a lot better value is my take on it.

Advertisement