Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First thing you'll do when restrictions are lifted

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Not shallow at all, do whatever makes you happy. Just remember all the hairdressers do is add a glossy finish, you're gorgeous even before you step into the salon :)
    5uYh1At.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Not shallow at all, do whatever makes you happy. Just remember all the hairdressers do is add a glossy finish, you're gorgeous even before you step into the salon :)

I'd say this to my wife every time I didn't notice she had got her hair done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We got the keys to our first, and hopefully only house, the day the first lockdown was announced. We have had family and some friends over, but not everyone and not everyone together. And anytime we had people over there was always a dread in the pit of my stomach about whether someone had covid. Anyways I cannot wait to have a big BBQ on a gorgeous summers evening with everyone who can come, there. Where we can all mingle and have some relaxed fun. That's probably the biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

Kind of related, I can't wait for my oldest to be able to have friends over and go to friends houses. She's 4 and that's all she asks about. Her birthday is during the summer so I really hope we can have a kids party for her this year.

And probably finally, I can't wait to just be able to pop into a shop, of any kind, and not have the feeling that I shouldn't be there. Especially DIY/gardening stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Caranica wrote: »
    Hug people!! Family and friends, especially those who lost loved ones over the past year.

This!
    I feel like the bear in that cute children’s book “Hugless Douglas”. He wakes up from hibernation and wants a hug. If any of ye have kids, it’s an adorable book, perfect for these times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

1) Take my wife out for a nice meal.
    2) Wander in and out of numerous shops simply to enjoy the novelty of not having to queue.
    3) Go on holiday. We missed our Italian holiday the last 2 years now.
    4) Go visit my family in England.

I'm missing the normal things more than I'd have thought. Just wandering in shops for the hell of it, not wearing masks, going for meals once in a blue moon without having to plan it like a military operation etc...

+1.
    It's the normal, ordinary day to day stuff that we can / used to be able to take for granted, that I find I miss the most.
    Doing something on a whim, whether it's booking a hair appointment, going for a coffee, a meander in a shopping centre, or into town for a potter around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Definitely with you Posy on the hairdresser! Between a lot if different reasons it's been the guts of 2 years since I've been!
    Mine would be
    Put make up on
    Find Jean's that fit
    Wear said jeans
    Hug my mam and dad
    Get a massage
    Bring my little boy bowling, to the playground and smyths
    Get on a bus
    Wander around town and go for lunch and actually touch clothes before buying them.
    Walk beside my friends and have coffee inside..
    Go into the office, sit on someone else's chair beside a friend for a chat
    Go for a random pint after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Go back to work :(

I’m enjoying this time off, getting time to do things I normally wouldn’t have time for, walks during the day, no work commute, post on boards more :D I don’t understand all the complaining about being bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Oh and I've thought of more....

Manicure and pedicure, oh yeah!

A summer festival - Uisneach, or Electric Picnic, or any of those - with camping, and dancing.

Ooh, I can't wait, bring on the vaccine, I'll have them all!

Advertisement