Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Potential Dognapping

• 01-03-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi myself and my partner were on the way home yesterday evening from visiting family, around 7.30/8pm, we stopped on the stretch of road between the rocky road roundabout and the clareabbey roundabout in Ennis to let the dog out for a few minutes as she was car sick, as we were stopped i noticed a car driving very slowly passing us and stuck on his indicator and was about to stop in front of our car but continued on and did a U turn, he passed us again on the opposite side of the road and pulled in, he jumped out of the car and began to run at my partner that was standing with the dog just outside the car, my partner jumped in to car and he turned around immediately and rushed in to his car to follow us, we took off straight away so thankfully he wasn't fast enough to see where we went, we are still a bit shaken and in shock that this happened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Did you get the reg? I would have rung the Gardai straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They are getting more and more brazen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sarah20

No unfortunately with the fright we didn't think to get the full reg, my partner saw it was a 2011 CE and it was a black Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If he's running at your partner and then jumping into his car to rush after you it sounds less like it's to do with your dog and more to do with your partner?

Scary stuff either way, definitely alert the Gardai.

Myself and my partner were thinking this aswell but we never saw the man before and wasn't been followed, we assume he passed, saw the puppy and thought he'd have a chance to rob the dog, i don't know, it was very scary as were both women.

• Advertisement

I'd report it to the Gardai, there may be a camera somewhere along that stretch of road that might have caught the full reg.

Terrifying stuff.

Its a good few years ago now, but my mother was once approached by a very large intimidating man while she was walking her rough collie. He pulled up his car up and got out and started following her then threatened her and said he was taking the dog.

Luckily there was another frequent dog walker in the park at the time, a Garda dog handler/trainer who was there with two of his dogs and he chased him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sarah20 wrote: »
    Myself and my partner were thinking this aswell but we never saw the man before and wasn't been followed, we assume he passed, saw the puppy and thought he'd have a chance to rob the dog, i don't know, it was very scary as were both women.

There are a lot of incidents if this going on. In an incident in kildare last week, a nine year old boy was chased by a grey jeep. Yesterday in west Dublin a dog was snatched from two teenage girls by two men in Balaclavas.

It is likely he was going to do a grab and run.

Hope you are both ok.

anewme wrote: »
    There are a lot of incidents if this going on. In an incident in kildare last week, a nine year old boy was chased by a grey jeep. Yesterday in west Dublin a dog was snatched from two teenage girls by two men in Balaclavas.

It is likely he was going to do a grab and run.

Hope you are both ok.

Yh neither of us were expecting anything like this to happen and are scared to even bring the dog for a walk now, its very scary thinking what could have happened but thankfully nothing did.

I'd report it to the Gardai, there may be a camera somewhere along that stretch of road that might have caught the full reg.

Terrifying stuff.

Its a good few years ago now, but my mother was once approached by a very large intimidating man while she was walking her rough collie. He pulled up his car up and got out and started following her then threatened her and said he was taking the dog.

Luckily there was another frequent dog walker in the park at the time, a Garda dog handler/trainer who was there with two of his dogs and he chased him off.

We rang the guards and were told to come in and make a statement, he must have been desperate to run for the dog and other people were walking aswell with dogs, i just hope no one else gets a fright like that, its terrifying.

I hope you're both okay. Something like that can really shake you up and stick with you.

My mam was in her seventies when it happened, and it really took her a while to feel confident going back out with the dog after that.

• Advertisement

I hope you're both okay. Something like that can really shake you up and stick with you.

My mam was in her seventies when it happened, and it really took her a while to feel confident going back out with the dog after that.

Yh the dog hasn't been outside the door since it happened and were afraid to walk her anywhere now.

Advertisement