Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind Farms/Turbins and KK county draft dev plan

• 02-03-2021 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure where to best place this thread since the questions are fairly generic but pertain to the Kilkenny's draft development plan for wind strategy. That plan is available for consultation here (https://consult.kilkenny.ie/en/consultation/kilkenny-city-and-county-draft-development-plan-2021-2027), image attached for reference of the plan (might be blurry to fit with boards image size policy).

In it there are zones - what I don't understand is what does the definition of "Acceptable in Principle" mean? I assume it opens up that zoned area for applications for wind farms or turbines of varying sizes and density, it doesn't guarantee such an application is granted. I assume it also doesn't mean the sum of all areas acceptable in principle could be granted but rather some, that is a limit of x turbines in any particular area?

Then, more generally, where can one find public policy on wind turbines? I.E. min distance from houses, acceptable decibels, density of turbines per acre or landmass?

Advertisement