Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Had to remove three unexpected creatures from the house today.

One was a mosquito, one was a huge wasp. I could hear it down the hall. It was a good inch long. Finally a bee about as big as your nail to the joint of your thumb. The back end of it was orange. Someone might know what type of bee it was as I never seen out like that.

I release all back into the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

Have to factor in the wind also on Tues especially in the SW and also breezy on Weds. I'd bring a hat :)

Also Tues will have some sharp drops in temperature under big showers of rain and hail.

By Weds could also have the wind bringing down the icy air from snow on the Reeks. might get a few pics acequion.

Tues looks like around 5- 7C around kenmare during the day.
    Weds around 6 -9C
    Very cold Weds night into Thurs morning.

qdY8Vrz.png

Thurs perhaps 5 to 8C during the day followed by another very cold night, that bit milder nearer the coast.

Vem5uwB.png

Meteorite thank you but ffs that forecast just typifies my aversion to unseasonal weather :mad:

I went off to England in mid February and would have loved those temps. Instead I had to contend with double digits. Now the first week in April when I want and you'd generally expect double digits, we get February like temps. While I love sunshine and warm weather I just hate when you get it in winter and have to pay for it in spring,which going by that forecast is exactly the case.The climate has really gone crazy!

Roads down that neck of the woods are dodgy best of times,I just hope to god there won't be frost, I'll be out in the early am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Just under 2c in Sligo now.

If clear all night -2 or -3c possible but theres cloud approaching the NW coast. Still Markree is definitely near 0c now since its 2c here.

Snow fell on March 30th in Dublin when we were there last year so would rule it out this April. Cmon Kermit a "Snow in April" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day in Donegal today with some good sunshine again, chilly wind but perfect for getting some much needed cleanup done in the garden.

Been a great week here, some consolation for the disaster that the first half of the month was

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I love cold, wintry weather with frosts, dazzling winter sunshine, hail, graupel and snow showers but not at this time of year. Looking forward to plenty of warmth and blue skies after this hopefully last cold spell is over and done with. Temperatures under 10C can hide away till next November.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Currently 0C in Dunshaughlin, with a slight frost. Nice clear night with plenty of stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

-1°c at Dublin airport at 3am, much toastier 7°c and 8°c at Shannon and Cork respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucreto wrote: »
    Had to remove three unexpected creatures from the house today.

One was a mosquito, one was a huge wasp. I could hear it down the hall. It was a good inch long. Finally a bee about as big as your nail to the joint of your thumb. The back end of it was orange. Someone might know what type of bee it was as I never seen out like that.

I release all back into the wild.

Standard Bombus lapidarius sounds like. I also turfed out a very fat wasp during the week and had a Chinavia hilaris (green critter with a shell like body) in the car but as I'm a gardener I could have picked that up on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beautiful morning in the west but clouded over as I passed east towards Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful morning on the Galway coast. Starting to cloud a bit. Very pleasant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A lovely 12.9c in West Clare with no wind and sunny skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lovely sunshine here amongst clouds. A keen easterly though making it feel cold. 11c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Milky sunshine all day here in Tralee making it very pleasant , got up to 11.9C and currently just a bit below that.

Northerly breeze a bit cool where it was exposed but much lighter this evening.

NASA Sat Pic from earlier today.

NOPB6aY.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely evening in Dublin. How many times have I said that in the past week? Not that I’m complaining!

Tuesday to Friday were probably the best March days here for sun and mild conditions since 2012. Sea breezes affected us in late March 2017 so it was quite cool compared to the rest of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Great run of nice days in Cork. One of the nicest stretches of decent weather since last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun was out all day here, cool clear evening now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Great day again in Donegal, plenty of warming sunshine and barely a breath of wind. Always feel like today is the first proper day of Spring with the longer evenings

A few pics from a day's exploring in south west Donegal

20190331-120052.jpg
    20190331-121832.jpg
    20190331-122934.jpg
    20190331-125455.jpg
    20190331-144747.jpg
    20190331-143022.jpg

Those are superb pics Donegal Storm :eek: . You always post some of the best pics in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Syran you should take a trip up to Carrickfinn on the daily Stobart air flight from Dublin. The scenery around there is stunning.

The sun is shining on Mayo tonight at last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If it's ok with yourself Donegal Storm - I might tap you up at some point as to the sights and sounds of Donegal. To my shame it's the only county in the Republic I'm yet to have ever visited.

lawred2 wrote: »
    If it's ok with yourself Donegal Storm - I might tap you up at some point as to the sights and sounds of Donegal. To my shame it's the only county in the Republic I'm yet to have ever visited.

same here, I've yet to set foot in County Donegal. Must do so at some stage, looks like a beautiful county.

Gonzo wrote: »
    same here, I've yet to set foot in County Donegal. Must do so at some stage, looks like a beautiful county.

Me too. Really should plan a day out in future (maybe this Summer after I'm finished school forever).

This was taken in Donegal during the heatwave last Summer, stumbled across it when looking at photos taken in Ireland from Summer 2018.

https://twitter.com/PhotographyWx/status/1112376852885188614

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Distinctly chilly again/still. Some lovely sunshine yesterday but cloud now. west mayo offshore.. ah but is that the sun trying to break through? will it. won't it...

West mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gonzo wrote: »

lived there about ten years and it is but for me Mayo has the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Snow-ice warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Longford and Louth

Falls of hail and sleet will occur with snow accumulations mainly on high ground. Lying snow in places below 250 meters. Icy patches.

Valid: Tuesday 02 April 2019 00:01 to Wednesday 03 April 2019 12:00

Issued: Monday 01 April 2019 11:00

Updated: Monday 01 April 2019 11:00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

April Fools? Haha. Oh well. Will be interesting seeing snow pictures again

Oscar, are you running that weather alerts Ireland page on Facebook? :D

I came here to ask were they setting up for April Fools day with their posts yesterday and then today they said some higher ground could have 10cm this week!!!

That’s depressing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Snow... There is no smiley to communicate my level of disgust

Advertisement