Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just played it!

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

just after having a few games of it up in my friends house! awsome! fair bit of hassle getting into a game tho. guns, levels and perks are amazing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I sincerely hope the fines are increased for future releases, this is BS tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

just after having a few games of it up in my friends house! awsome! fair bit of hassle getting into a game tho. guns, levels and perks are amazing!

Awesome, I'm soo jealous.
    Heading to Xtravision in 15 minutes to pick it up.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Doubt that will do anything. Something like blocking the game from being played before release date is the only way to prevent it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

there were ppl an level 30ish already when i was playing it. i know xbox wudnt let u play it. i was on a ps. my mate only got it at around lunch time today.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Doubt that will do anything. Something like blocking the game from being played before release date is the only way to prevent it imo.

Thats what i was thinking hey sould do. suppose with the different time zones and stuff it would be hard. just hope the server doesnt crash for every tonight. id say sunday will be a real test for their servers! millions of ppl will be on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Thats what i was thinking hey sould do. suppose with the different time zones and stuff it would be hard. just hope the server doesnt crash for every tonight. id say sunday will be a real test for their servers! millions of ppl will be on!

They have created this amazing complicated game, im sure they could put a timer linked to the date and time on the ps3 in different time-zones:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Rb wrote: »
    I sincerely hope the fines are increased for future releases, this is BS tbh.
    Is it that big of a deal for you?

I'm not picking mine up till Thursday. I'm off then and Friday so will be able to devote a bit of time to it. I have no problem with people getting a headstart on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 iNigel

Dacian wrote: »
    Is it that big of a deal for you?

I'm not picking mine up till Thursday. I'm off then and Friday so will be able to devote a bit of time to it. I have no problem with people getting a headstart on me.
    it might be sold out by then.. It happened with GTA for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Just finished single player, can't get online. Been looking for a server for the last 10 minutes.

Just finished single player, can't get online. Been looking for a server for the last 10 minutes.

20 minutes... still nothing. **** sake.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I bought it, didn't open it and went to bed.
    I was thinking about getting up and playing it for an hour before I read this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

You have finsihed the game already?

You have finsihed the game already?

I've been playing since 6pm... well, had dinner, and about 45 minutes catchin up with the other half, oh, and 45 minutes in xtravision picking up a pre-order for a mate (could only get one copy early). :D Savage single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

there were ppl an level 30ish already when i was playing it. i know xbox wudnt let u play it. i was on a ps. my mate only got it at around lunch time today.
    Level 30? That sucks, so much for official release dates.

Either reset everyone on the day or don't let anyone play, scumbags. Sick thing is I can foresee massive problems on PSN with this tomorrow, thing is a f-ing sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My NAT is set to strict even though the upnp in my router and cable modem are enabled.
    What a crock of sheeeeettt.

I'm going to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jedi_IRL

PC version is not open yet. Officially opens at 8am ireland time. All you can do is pre load on steam at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

whats the story with the difficulty setings can i not select it myself or does it auto adjust

weiland79 wrote: »
    whats the story with the difficulty setings can i not select it myself or does it auto adjust

You do a quick skill test at the start and then they will tell u the level they recomend you play at. but u can pick what ever level u want. i played hardend and it was fairly tough.suppose it will make the game last longer! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

yeah cheers just got there, same as last one forgot about that

Multiplayer rocks!! Great bonuses for heatshots, long distance shots, revenge shots. Weapon perks are awesome, and so are silienced shotguns!! Can't wait to start ranking up and sorting out all my custom classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Not all that impressed by what I've seen so far tbh but I've only played a little bit of campaign, spec ops and multiplayer. I can see me going back to Uncharted 2 to get my platinum trophy sooner rather than later.

Maybe I'm just not a hardcore FPS fanboy (no offence), but after U2 the graphics look average and there's not much new in the gameplay. Ask me again in a weeks time and I may rave about it but first impressions put it about 6-7/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

milltown wrote: »
    graphics look average

Don't they?!
    Playing this on pc and a wee bit disappointed with this.
    Also just had the first multiplayer game crash due to poor server... :( lame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

woah, multiplayer is incredible looking. getting my ass kicked though. well worth the wait.
    that single player mission (the er, controversial one) is pretty heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

milltown wrote: »
    there's not much new in the gameplay

Your spot on, its still the same gameplay as MW, STILL LOVING IT THO!!!!!!
    MP is looking sweet and plays like a dream :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Im afrain to touch MP till i finish the solo story. Im sure im going to get my ass handed to me for the first few games!!

Advertisement