Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else has bought a concert ticket recently?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Bought tickets for the Offspring in November at the 3arena recently.

I'm tempted to get tickets for the "Hella Mega Tour" with Green Day, Weezer and Fall Out Boy at the RDS in June 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Bought a couple for Nick Mason at the convention centre.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Nightwish In 3Arena, and Anamanguchi and Bad Cop/BadCop in Grand Social, good times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I went to the Stendhal Festival on Saturday. It was amazing. Around about 2,000 people. Six stages. Loads of local talent. I got to see And So I Watch You From Afar for the umpteenth time. Drinking in the open air. Live music again!

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got tickets for the Hella Mega Tour 2022 .Really hoping it'll go ahead then. I've liked Green Day since I was in school and haven't gotten to see them live.

• Advertisement

They put on a fantastic show. I've seen them a couple of times now. Good value.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Deleted

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

are amyl and the sniffers still support? struggling to find confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've never heard of them.I was just going off the three main names on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I haven’t bought any yet but am considering getting in on St. Vincent in Fairview Park next June. Stunning performer with a cracking band this time out.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

I want to buy for November but can’t see it going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

Just got tickets for Tommy Tiernan in Vicar Street in January, Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Bought tickets today for The War on Drugs and for Public Service Broadcasting. Have tickets for The Doves and Aussie Floyd....Cannot F**kin wait to start gigging again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Delighted to see PSB playing in Cork next January so I had to get a ticket. The week before last I bought one for James Taylor in the 3 Arena also in January. Very different musical styles but I love them both!

I also have five tickets from Pre-Covid rescheduled gigs from 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Bought tix for Public Service Broadcasting and have tix for Cory Wong in the Button Factory in Oct (surprisingly a second date has been added - not sure where that optimism is coming from but fingers crossed 😕)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭paulbok

Going to see Hybrid in London in October, first gig in over 2 years.

Can't freaking wait.

I was supposed to be seeing Liam Gallagher last night (I was only going to see IDLES in the support slot) but it was cancelled earlier in the week. Surprisingly the cancellation had nothing to do with Covid. The eejit allegedly fell out of a helicopter. It's happening in a years time but with no mention that IDLES are still supporting. Refund requested.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Genesis in Newcastle on Thursday, Steve Hackett in Nottingham on Saturday, Roger Taylor in Manchester on Sunday, plus Champions League at Old Trafford on Wednesday, Rugby League playoff in St Helens on Thursday, Rugby Union Premiership match at Sale on Sunday. Also aiming at dropping into Oulton Park for a Ferrari race day on Friday and Donington Park for Motorbike racing on Saturday - first trip outside Ireland for 19 months, so making the most of it......

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a ticket for Fozzy in the Opium in December

Hotel prices for the night very high so will be bussing up and down

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Nightwish - 3 Arena November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The Orb in Galway, November & Clay Your Hands Say Yeah in Dublin next June.

Looking forward to gigs again, not worried about Covid.

Post edited by dinneenp on

Bought a ticket tonight for Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs in The Empire in Belfast. It's next Wednesday.

Advertisement