Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dodge wrote: »
    Blue balloon yesterday, red sparkler today. So presume all the redd party stuff will rotate

Changes being made to our island as me and Mrs Dodge have they week off :)

Stop, I have tonnes of sparklers too! Was only delighted with myself planning on whipping them out at meteor showers and showing off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Have a spare real Moody Painting if anyone has anything to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Multipass wrote: »
    I do, usually my net hits the tree whilst the swarm gets into my face. My net skills need refining ;)

Stand in front of the tree when you're shaking it, while holding your net. When the nest drops, you'll automatically turn to face it, so you just need to swing the net, and you'll catch them without any issues.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Have a spare real Moody Painting if anyone has anything to trade?

I have a real serene painting if you want to trade?

• Advertisement

I have a real serene painting if you want to trade?

Yeah, that sounds good to me!

Yeah, that sounds good to me!

I have to work late today but I'll let you know when we can do the swap, anyway I will hold onto it for you so we can find a good time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I have to work late today but I'll let you know when we can do the swap, anyway I will hold onto it for you so we can find a good time :)

Maybe you haven't visited each other's islands but I'm pretty sure you can send paintings in a letter to one another?

Meteor shower in Funkytown tonight if anyone needs to star fragments, will open the gates when it starts :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I came here to post the same - Isabelle finally announced something interesting happening!

• Advertisement

The gates are open if anyone wants to come wish. I might not be responsive always but work away!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Mine are open too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Since I start playing in mid April or so, we’re about to have our first ever meteor shower on the island tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The switch I’ve been using is moving away, and I’m going to have to buy my own. I’m wondering if the new back up feature is going to apply in this case, and I can’t find much information online. I’m player 2 - my son abandoned the game though, so it’s my town. I’d be downloading it to a new switch with just me registered. Does anyone here know how that will work, or should I brace myself for having to start again from scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Since I start playing in mid April or so, we’re about to have our first ever meteor shower on the island tonight

Are you opening the island by any chance? :P

RedRochey wrote: »
    Are you opening the island by any chance? :P

Happy to. Got loads of stars on other people’s islands so happy to let others in on our shower. Few changes in progress so excuse them...

Likely won’t be playing so don’t think I’m rude!

Dodo code is 0KQJ1

Ankha is in boxes if anyone wants her?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Anyone still need an Academic painting? Redd always brings me one! 2 fakes available too...

Anyone still need an Academic painting? Redd always brings me one! 2 fakes available too...

Damn only seeing this now, is it too late to pop over?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

RedRochey wrote: »
    Damn only seeing this now, is it too late to pop over?

Open now! Had to pop on to do the daily present deliveries....

• Advertisement

The switch I’ve been using is moving away, and I’m going to have to buy my own. I’m wondering if the new back up feature is going to apply in this case, and I can’t find much information online. I’m player 2 - my son abandoned the game though, so it’s my town. I’d be downloading it to a new switch with just me registered. Does anyone here know how that will work, or should I brace myself for having to start again from scratch...

I think you're out of luck, and will have to start again.

Your son is the "island representative" in your game, so it's "his island", and that can't be changed.

From Nintendo AC FAQ:
    When multiple players live on one island, does everyone have access to the same places and items?

<snip>

It is not possible to reassign the Resident Representative role to another player. If certain places or items in the game aren’t available for island residents, have the Resident Representative progress to the point where the item or feature is available for them, then try again.

Your son is the "island representative" in your game, so it's "his island", and that can't be changed.

From Nintendo AC FAQ:

Could they add their son's account to their new switch and use the Island Backup feature to transfer the island over?

After the famine... Isabelle has announced our 2nd meteor shower in 3 days for tonight

Could they add their son's account to their new switch and use the Island Backup feature to transfer the island over?

I had thought of that (the "with just me registered" made me think it wasn't an option), and I couldn't think of any solid reason why it wouldn't work.

I guess it's a question of does the island backup/transfer handle secondary accounts properly? And the son's account would always need to be on the new Switch? I'd nearly try it just for curiosity. :pac:

But even if it did work, it's still not "their island". Personally, I'd bite the bullet.

I had thought of that (the "with just me registered" made me think it wasn't an option), and I couldn't think of any solid reason why it wouldn't work.

I guess it's a question of does the island backup/transfer handle secondary accounts properly? And the son's account would always need to be on the new Switch? I'd nearly try it just for curiosity. :pac:

But even if it did work, it's still not "their island". Personally, I'd bite the bullet.

The son's account would definitely need to be on the new Switch all the time.

Although, now I think of it, the Island backup feature can only be used once, so they'd be **** out of luck if anything else happened to it.

AND they'd actually need to use the same copy of AC, so if it was bought digitally, it would need to be redownloaded using the son's account, or if it was bought physically, they'd need to use the same cartridge...

Plus, as you say, it's not "their" island.

Nintendo, why do you make things so complicated :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

After the famine... Isabelle has announced our 2nd meteor shower in 3 days for tonight

Are you open?

Are you open?

Opening for friends now

Mightn’t be around to chat though!

:

Thanks so much for finding that for me - I’m still in the denial phase. Now I can move on to acceptance :pac:

It might actually be fun to start again. Except I’ll be on a mission to find my best friend Ribbot again. He said that he moved to my island when he saw my ‘glutes’..... I don’t think I can steal him away, I’m taking the game card so I won’t be able to visit the old town.

Thanks so much for finding that for me - I’m still in the denial phase. Now I can move on to acceptance :pac:

It might actually be fun to start again. Except I’ll be on a mission to find my best friend Ribbot again. He said that he moved to my island when he saw my ‘glutes’..... I don’t think I can steal him away, I’m taking the game card so I won’t be able to visit the old town.

Well let us know when you have your new town, I know I have a lot of DIYs spare to get you started!

We have Ribbot too, I love him, he can never leave. Yesterday we allowed a camper to take a place in our village, my lovely Pietro is gone :(

• Advertisement

Well let us know when you have your new town, I know I have a lot of DIYs spare to get you started!

We have Ribbot too, I love him, he can never leave. Yesterday we allowed a camper to take a place in our village, my lovely Pietro is gone :(

Thank you, that’s really kind.
    I’ve just realised that I’ll be able to go home in my dreams - that’s a bit tragic!

Advertisement