Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching primary cardholder on credit card

• 14-06-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi

My husband and I have a credit card with BOI for a long time. I had the card linked to my BOI online for checking transactions and paying it every month. My husband was set up as the primary cardholder although I would be the main user of it.

Banking 365 has recently removed the card from my profile and says only the primary cardholder can view transactions and pay the balance. My husband doesn't use Banking 365.

We want to change the card so I am primary cardholder. Can you guide us on what we need to do please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In this instance, it would be best to link in with our Credit Card Team directly to query this. The team are available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm on 0818 251 251. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Thanks Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭jos28

I have exactly the same issue and it's ridiculous. Myself and my husband have other joint accounts and there are still there. Why was the credit card option changed ? They have also stopped sending paper statements despite several requests to retain them. Why were these changes made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

jos28 wrote: »
    I have exactly the same issue and it's ridiculous. Myself and my husband have other joint accounts and there are still there. Why was the credit card option changed ? They have also stopped sending paper statements despite several requests to retain them. Why were these changes made ?

Before I could even ring Customer Care it changed back thankfully - although I've no idea why it happened in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

Additional card holders for credit cards wouldn't have the facility to view balance/ transactions etc. it would only be the primary card holder that can view this information on Banking 365 as the credit card is in their name. The primary card holder remains solely liable for the transactions made and charges incurred by additional card holders. 

In order to remain paperless, once the card has been registered for Banking 365 this should automatically stop paper statements as the primary card holder should be able to view statements online. 

You can certainly contact our Credit Card Team on 0818251251 and one of my colleagues would certainly be able to discuss this further. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement

Thanks Eva, why has it changed. I've had the same account for many years and was always able to view all of our accounts. My husband is the main name on other accounts and yet I can view them.  We didn't request any changes. Neither of us requested paperless statements and yet our printed statements have ceased despite requests to keep them ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks Eva, why has it changed. I've had the same account for many years and was always able to view all of our accounts. My husband is the main name on other accounts and yet I can view them.  We didn't request any changes. Neither of us requested paperless statements and yet our printed statements have ceased despite requests to keep them ???
    Thanks for getting back to me here. 

As the the primary card holder is solely liable to for the transactions made and charges incurred by any additional card holders it would be only the primary card holder who would have the ability to view transactions/ statements etc. on Banking 365. 

Once a card or account has been registered for Banking 365 paper statements would cease automatically as you'd be able to view these statements online. 

I hope this helps. If you'd like to discuss this further you can certainly reach our to our credit card team on the number provided in my previous post. 

Thanks, Eve 

As the the primary card holder is solely liable to for the transactions made and charges incurred by any additional card holders it would be only the primary card holder who would have the ability to view transactions/ statements etc. on Banking 365.

Why was this not the case previously, I have been able to view all cc transactions until recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Why was this not the case previously, I have been able to view all cc transactions until recently.
    Hi Jos28,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The practice of allowing additional cardholders to add their card to 365 ceased in 2012, however a legacy group remained with this access. From this year, we are making a change to 365 which removes the view of balance and transaction information when an additional card is added to 365. We appreciate your interest in this and will certainly share your feedback with the development team.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement