Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Just got my upgrade today on vodafone and of course all the Blue pre orders are gone!

I wonder will they get any more in before Christmas?

Mine has shipped also but doesn’t say who is delivering it oh I’m so excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

got my dispatch notification , delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Mine has shipped also but doesn’t say who is delivering it oh I’m so excited :)

Got mine this morning. Mine if not all will be delivered by UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

Yep, dispatch notice at 12pm. Tracking isn't showing up but pretty sure it's DHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Just got a text from DHL with tracking. County detail missing on shipping address ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why does this phone only have 12mp camera. Phones 10 years ago had more.

Does this mean the photos will only ever look good on the phones small screen. that you could never print them, or view them on big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

Presume all is in order, but I can't get the Apple orders page to open on the web or via the app on my phone. Presumably it's being slammed with traffic.

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Got mine this morning. Mine if not all will be delivered by UPS

Mine is DHL just got a text pro and pro max coming tomorrow happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Did more 12 pro's come out after the initial pre order? My upgrade only came today and all the Blue 12 Pro Max are long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Why does this phone only have 12mp camera. Phones 10 years ago had more.

Does this mean the photos will only ever look good on the phones small screen. that you could never print them, or view them on big screen

There's a lot more to photo quality than the MP count. 12mp is a pixel resolution of 4290 x 2800. 4k is only 3840 x 2160. A 12mp picture can be printed at 14.30" x 9.34" at 300dpi - that's bigger than A4. You'll get up to A3 without much problem in many cases.

A 12 mp photo can display on any large screen, or print just fine. Sharpness, corner sharpness, dynamic range, noise, depth of field, the physical size of the sensor, - these are much more important when it comes to picture quality once you have a decent number of pixels to begin with. Upping the pixel count just creates larger files for most users after a certain point, unless you're a serious or pro photographer, and are looking for very high levels of detail, the ability to crop, or need to print very large. And in those cases, it's unlikely you'll be wanting to use a phone for your craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Just got a text from DHL with tracking. County detail missing on shipping address ffs

Same for me. But tracking shows its on its way to Ireland so i don't think we need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Anyone having an issue seeing their order on Apple's site?

Anyone having an issue seeing their order on Apple's site?

It happens all the time the app is very bad

It happens all the time the app is very bad

Yeah, there's a message on there now that they're down... phew!

Got my case today. I'm delighted with the size. It's only marginally bigger than the xiaomi mi 9t I have. All this talk of it being too big was making me rethink but there's nothing in it.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My tracking number is with UPS and it’s not fully live.

Found out earlier I’m not gonna be at home tomorrow to accept the package and I can’t get the tracking number to work to re route the delivery to my dads house.

What a pain in the stones

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Mine too, what’s the story with apples address input?

RedLegend wrote: »
    Mine too, what’s the story with apples address input?

Have no idea. I called apple a week ago and they siad they'd update the address. Appears they did on the app as shipping address is correct but then I checked DHL tracking and no County listed. Called DHL on two separate occasions, once they said there was no County listed then the other time they were able to tell me the destination county so I'm not really sure what's the story.

The guy said it will get here tomorrow. He said to call at 9ish if I want to attach an Eircode to it, they'll be able to send it to the driver. He said its prob not necessary.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Tracking is now live on UPS’s website.

But I can’t reschedule a delivery until I have an attempted delivery slip posted through the door from the driver tomorrow.

And it’s gonna be Monday before I’ll be able to call them with it, so looks like I won’t be getting the phone until mid next week.

Sad.

• Advertisement

Preparing to ship! Woohoo! Maybe it’ll be here on the earlier end of the estimate window!

DHL tracking showing mine arrived in Dublin at 7am. Hopefully it will arrive this morning or early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chibs wrote: »
    DHL tracking showing mine arrived in Dublin at 7am. Hopefully it will arrive this morning or early afternoon.

think mine is in the same van :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Shipment on hold by regulatory authorities...ffs coming from uk, like this since 6:30 not happy at all:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mine’s out in the van.

Apple sent my shipping notice overnight, quicker changer from preparing to ship to shipped than for my Air.

Mine has just been delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    12 Pro max works out at €128 per year with promo and paying yearly you get a month free. Actually works out better.

Just be careful the Policy Excess for the 12 is €115 per claim.

So it makes apple care cheaper in some cases as apple care is for 2 years ......unless theft is your primary concern

https://www.loveitcoverit.ie/policy-excesses/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Setting it up now, while it’s not much physically bigger than the 11 pro Max is does feel a lot bigger for some reason.

In Dublin City centre and not seeing any 5G on it yet but have taken the aim out of it now so I can download the update using my 11 as a tethering device.

• Advertisement

Got mine there now. Need to get home to it soon!

Advertisement