Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - you in?

Options
  • 02-11-2020 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

So this Friday is the preorder day - anyone else frustrated watching everyone with their standard iPhone 12s while holding out for the larger iPhone?

Should be interesting to see the first reviews appear this week when Apple's embargo drops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes I am hoping to get the pacific blue hopefully get one on the launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Thinking of getting one for my wife for christmas. She's on a 7 Plus at the moment, so it would be a big upgrade for her (and she's used to the physical size). Only problem is the colour. She likes Rose Gold, but doesn't usually like regular Gold, and there's no RG option. She'd have a case on it anyway, so it's probably not that big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hoping for a decent upgrade offer, ie free, with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Thinking of getting one for my wife for christmas. She's on a 7 Plus at the moment, so it would be a big upgrade for her (and she's used to the physical size). Only problem is the colour. She likes Rose Gold, but doesn't usually like regular Gold, and there's no RG option. She'd have a case on it anyway, so it's probably not that big a deal.

Pick a colour you like. If it does not go down well, then keep it for yourself.

There have been positive reports on the gold colour on the pro but the I’ll probably go with the Pacific blue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ablelocks wrote: »

Sorry what?
    Unless you’ve about 5 mobile contracts and you hope to get one upgrade from them combined :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

In before Tajd asks about the battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Absolutely in. Can’t wait. Was hard not to give in to the original pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

lol Id love to be in the store when they tell ya how much you'll have to pay :D

FourFourFM wrote: »
    In before Tajd asks about the battery life

Nope I’m all in 100% I can’t wait to preorder it. Am I that bad lol I’m sorry I been saving since last Christmas for it no joke for one for my partner and I so I’m just been nervous it’s a lot of money.

Friday can’t come soon enough! Have the cases and fast chargers just need the phone now ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Pick a colour you like. If it does not go down well, then keep it for yourself.

There have been positive reports on the gold colour on the pro but the I’ll probably go with the Pacific blue myself.

Max is too big for me personally. I'm currently on a XR provided by work, and due an upgrade in February - although there's talk that they're possibly discontinuing work phones. If they keep them on, I'll likely get a regular 12 from them. If they don't I'll get myself a 12 Pro in that pacific blue - it does look great.

I'd say she'll be fine with the Pro Max gold - and they all look the same from the front anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

Yeah, I'll be putting in my order on Friday. It's been frustrating to see all the coverage of the mainstream iPhone 12s and Pros online. Still haven't seen one in real life mind you, but then, that's lockdown for you. I've a magsafe charger and 20w power block ordered too.

It'll be very interesting to see the performance differences over the normal handsets. It's got almost 1,000mAh extra battery capacity and that new sensor for the camera. Will be interesting to see.

Blazer wrote: »
    Sorry what?
    Unless you’ve about 5 mobile contracts and you hope to get one upgrade from them combined :)

I have 6! - 1 max, one complete, 4 kids on the family plan
    skinny90 wrote: »
    lol Id love to be in the store when they tell ya how much you'll have to pay :D

it was the store manager who advised me to push for it due to really poor coverage over the last 12 months and a lack of service from customer and technical support. She's put a recommendation on my account given i'm spending 120 a month with them and not getting the service i'm paying for.

So we'll see, i may not get it free, but I'd be happy with 50% off the retail price.

still won't have great coverage, but at least i might get a free or discounted upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

I have 6! - 1 max, one complete, 4 kids on the family plan

it was the store manager who advised me to push for it due to really poor coverage over the last 12 months and a lack of service from customer and technical support. She's put a recommendation on my account given i'm spending 120 a month with them and not getting the service i'm paying for.

So we'll see, i may not get it free, but I'd be happy with 50% off the retail price.

still won't have great coverage, but at least i might get a free or discounted upgrade

fair enough i guess, not trying to be funny but would it not make sense to buy outright and just port away from vodafone. Like why pay 50% and get sh*t coverage and locking yourself into sh*t coverage

skinny90 wrote: »
    fair enough i guess, not trying to be funny but would it not make sense to buy outright and just port away from vodafone. Like why pay 50% and get sh*t coverage and locking yourself into sh*t coverage

vodafone coverage was excellent for 4 years - apparently there is a fault with mast, don't know why it's taking so long to sort it out. I would move if there was decent coverage from Eir or Three Network, but I was with both and they were just as bad.

Plus, I'm already on a 50% discount on my bill since April until the coverage improves and none of the other providers have an equivalent family plan. I'm in contract anyway till next May (not sure how i got the early upgrade, it just appeared on the app) so for now, it's better the devil i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Are Vodafone getting this in? No advertisement on their site or Facebook. I sent them a message and they know nothing just keep an eye on the website. I presume it will be a shambles like ordering the iPhone 12 versions on their site.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apple store is down now, always thought that was strange that they take the whole site down rather than just the items which are going on ore-order.

2-FAA4-D55-AA31-4-F0-A-8-CF2-2-CC172-EE84-F0.png

• Administrators Posts: 53,358 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Annoying that they haven’t lifted the review embargo.

Dickish to not do this before the release date for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have mine saved as a favourite ready to go straight to check out :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

C'mon to fcuk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

And done 16th delivery date 256 graphite

• Advertisement

Bagged a 256 Pacific Blue for launch day.

Unreal.... "Almost there." Ya think they'd have started earlier..

How have yous got them? All are down for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

shanec1928 wrote: »
    And done 16th delivery date

Me too. Delivery date of the 13th. Pacific Blue128gb Pro Max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

App for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

got a 256 max

First order it wouldn’t go through but second time it worked on the app and got 16th delivery date 256 graphite pro max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Ordered for the 13th, used the app on the ipad. The app on the iphone wasn't working and the website is still saying Almost there for me

Used the App on the iPad went through at 13:04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Mine didn't come live till 13:05 but got through the App after a few try's )-: 13th for me 256 Blue

Advertisement