Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 8/Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Debating whether to upgrade by OP5. Considering the similarity in cost, would I be better going for the non-pro 8 or the 7T Pro. Or any other suggestions? Had been looking at the Pixel 4 too.

Take a look at the mi 10 aswell, available on amazon.es atm with free wireless earphones and their mi fitness band and 100 euro off so 699. Debating between the two myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

bigslick wrote: »
    I am tempted as an upgrade to my 6T but not sure is enough difference really. Would still need G-cam I would assume

I went from the 6 to the 7T and find it a lot better, only thing I miss is the headphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

I'm using Xiomi MI 6, and want to get the 8pro, wheres the cheapest place to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ebayissues wrote: »
    I'm using Xiomi MI 6, and want to get the 8pro, wheres the cheapest place to get it?
    AliExpress will be your cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

massy086 wrote: »
    AliExpress will be your cheapest option.

The Oneplus 8T will be out by the time you get a delivery from AliExpress I'd think

• Advertisement

Caved and bought the onyx black regular 8 and the cyan sandstone case. Had a student discount so 704 in total. Sad I couldn't get the green without going to amazon.de but eh ill take the case instead

The Oneplus 8T will be out by the time you get a delivery from AliExpress I'd think

Friend got a phone in 4days last week from AliExpress with dhl

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

massy086 wrote: »
    Friend got a phone in 4days last week from AliExpress with dhl

Did they get stung with tax?

ebayissues wrote: »
    Did they get stung with tax?
    No he used hk goldway and they ship to uk then to Ireland so it looks like package came from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

OP5 is starting to act up after 3 years or so. Mainly battery issues, dying quickly, turning off from 15% etc so looking at upgrading.
    Have a car with wireless charging port so hoping to get a phone with it. Looking at OP8pro but don't think I can afford or justify nearly 1k for a phone. Other ones I've been looking at are Pixel 4 and Mi 10.
    Love OnePlus and the bang for buck you used to get but like others have said they now seem to be flagship competitor rather than flagship destroyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OP5 is starting to act up after 3 years or so. Mainly battery issues, dying quickly, turning off from 15% etc so looking at upgrading.
    Have a car with wireless charging port so hoping to get a phone with it. Looking at OP8pro but don't think I can afford or justify nearly 1k for a phone. Other ones I've been looking at are Pixel 4 and Mi 10.
    Love OnePlus and the bang for buck you used to get but like others have said they now seem to be flagship competitor rather than flagship destroyer

I've a One Plus 5 as well and looking at the OP7T for €525 from amazon.de and the P30 Pro from Vodafone for €500 or €450 if you Port your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Anyone interested in the Xiaomi mi 10 pro? The camera setup looks better than the OP8pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Echoes675 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in the Xiaomi mi 10 pro? The camera setup looks better than the OP8pro

I'm torn between the two...want to see a proper side by side comparison though

I'm torn between the two...want to see a proper side by side comparison though

Same here. The other thing that comes to mind is that I like how clean Oxygen is and am worried about all the bloat and UI changes in MIUI. Also, Oneplus have been really good with their updates too, I'm on the OP3 atm and the last update was last Autumn but I don't know about xiaomi's updates

My oneplus 8 has been picked up by DHL in Poland, hopefully it might be here tomorrow but i'd say itl'll be a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

My oneplus 8 has been picked up by DHL in Poland, hopefully it might be here tomorrow but i'd say itl'll be a few days

Who did you buy from?

Who did you buy from?

Oneplus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Tork

I've got a OP5 and the thing is still running as well as it did the day I bought it. Best phone I've ever owned. Except for the camera which is horrible in low light. I'd consider upgrading if this new one had a better camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Tork wrote: »
    I've got a OP5 and the thing is still running as well as it did the day I bought it. Best phone I've ever owned. Except for the camera which is horrible in low light. I'd consider upgrading if this new one had a better camera.

On the OnePlus 5 myself still

I still think we've a "good" camera but cameras on phones have come a long way since our one came out. Most definitely it'll be an improvement !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Tork

I'm trying to come up with an excuse to upgrade, if I'm honest :D It's still a cracking phone nearly 3 years after I bought it and I have no real reason to change. I'm happy with the camera most of the time but find low light to be its Achilles heel. Mind you, seeing as I can't actually go anywhere to take photos with a phone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Tork wrote: »
    I'm trying to come up with an excuse to upgrade, if I'm honest :D It's still a cracking phone nearly 3 years after I bought it and I have no real reason to change. I'm happy with the camera most of the time but find low light to be its Achilles heel. Mind you, seeing as I can't actually go anywhere to take photos with a phone....

I was less careful with my own phone the last few weeks... The phone cover plastic broke away so I've been using it without a protector or case and since I did this the screen has been getting scratches etc. But I didn't mind because the OnePlus 8 was on the horizon.

But the price threw me altogether as very expensive !

But I think I'll still go for it anyway, I wonder in a week or two will the price drop even 20euro or something to bring it under the €900 mark.

The bullets Z , annoying they don't charge off the back of the Pro but 10hrs usage from 10min charge and 20hour usage from 20min charge is incredibly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Caved and bought the onyx black regular 8 and the cyan sandstone case. Had a student discount so 704 in total. Sad I couldn't get the green without going to amazon.de but eh ill take the case instead

Where did you buy to get the student discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Beersmith wrote: »

One Plus do student discount themselves.

Yep oneplus do 5% off. Phone is out for delivery at the moment, one day turn around if you dont include the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yep oneplus do 5% off. Phone is out for delivery at the moment, one day turn around if you dont include the weekend.

But doesn't accept irish students? Seems to only be .edu email addresses

But doesn't accept irish students? Seems to only be .edu email addresses

You register through student beans and it works :)

Have seen more than one people on Reddit comment that their OP8 pro seems to have a kind of screen burn after only a few days use :-/

Reddit Thread

Its arrived and its gorgeous!

EDIT: Wow 90hz is smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Its arrived and its gorgeous!

EDIT: Wow 90hz is smooth

Isn't it 120hz? Or have you stepped it down to 90?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Isn't it 120hz? Or have you stepped it down to 90?

8 Pro is 120hz
    8 is 90hz

Advertisement