Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walker WP645TS-HD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tony wrote: »
    Yes it is sold without 7 day guide for freesat but a software patch restores it in the same way as technomate have been doing for quite a while.
    Yeah, I was told about there being a patch available for the new Walker combi, though I haven't got my hands on it yet.

I'm told it's not yet available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

byte wrote: »

I'm told it's not yet available.

Whoever told you that is misinformed I'm afraid as it has been seen working.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Hi Tony ... this is a working patch for the saorview approved combi?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

dubber wrote: »

It's for the WP645TS-HD which is in the approval process currently. Be interesting to see how it pans out from the point of view that if some '3rd party' or 'unofficial' firmware is released, will the warranty be voided instantly by not using only official firmware releases from Walker?

If history has taught us anything, it's that manufacturers of pretty much all boxes will just throw you back a box that was returned to them if they find any other version of software on it other than their own 'official' releases. Only time will tell I suppose.

dubber wrote: »

Hi, yes thats correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

All made by Vestel and rebadged.

OPTEX ORS 9910 released for Czech Republic TV Service "Skylink"
    _vyrn_137OPTEX-ORS-9910HD.jpg

Walker WP95SAT-HD
    207768.png

Walker WP645TS-HD Combi
    WP645TS-Walker.jpg

All use the same Broadcom CPU (BCM7325) 32MB FLASH and 256MB DDRRAM. This is the same MIPS processor used in the VU+Solo and Gigablue 800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Certainly has the memory capacity to store the information without having to dump the epg data to USB storage device.

I presume it requires manual interaction of going to the 11.777 transponder and waiting 5 minutes to load the epg to the box.

Have you seen this working on the Combi version ? Get the firmware dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mack daddy

were would one obtain this patch, tony?

any further updates on this, Tony would you have an idea on how to obtain a 7 day epg patch?

mack daddy wrote: »
    any further updates on this, Tony would you have an idea on how to obtain a 7 day epg patch?

I'll have to get permission from the source to put this file up on a share site but I will post here as soon as I get the Ok .

• Advertisement

thanks a million tony, if you could that would be great, also if you could stick up an idiots guide on how to install it to the box that would be excellent, thanks for the cable ans quad lnb i bought from you a few weeks ago, the bedroom install went well!

Thanks for the kind words but I'm afraid will not be able to put up a "how to guide" as I don't currently have the box or sell it on my site.
    thanks a million tony, if you could that would be great, also if you could stick up an idiots guide on how to install it to the box that would be excellent, thanks for the cable ans quad lnb i bought from you a few weeks ago, the bedroom install went well!

grand so im sure ill work it out, try your best to get the patch up, thanks!

Just a wee update. Walker inform us that the Walker combo has officially received saorview approval. Don't see it on the saorview website yet but they are not always the quickest to update the site. Should be on it soon I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

If this box really can get the 7 day EPG working for the freesat side of things then it'll become one the best option for a combo box around. I might wait a week or two to see if the patch pans out but this is right at the top of my shopping list.

byte

It seems OK, the only issue I have with it, is the fact DTT and DSat channels can't be mixed. It has to be either/or, using the OPT button to choose.

I've been told there is a bug which needs to be fixed before they wish the patch to be posted up here. Its to do with the BBC HD (s2) transponders not populating the sat free channel list . I'll post again when they give the ok .

As a work around for anyone that has this problem you do a blind scan on the satellite mode and apaprently it then populates the satfree list.

grand so im sure ill work it out, try your best to get the patch up, thanks!

thanks a mill tony, stick it up when ever the bug is fixed, again thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Simply TV

Hi Guys, Here is the latest firmware for the Walker combo Box with an organised channel list on it, The terrestrial channels will need to be scanned with an automatic scan for your local transmitter. PM me if you have any issues
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v04f5no75fyok8m

here is instructions on how to upload the file. depending on your current firmware versions there are different methods
    a word document here
    a PDF document Here

Again PM if you have any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1 retroronnie

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick question from a 65 yr old about this Walker box . Hope not to far of topic.

First I love the box and the freedom it brings and the free stuff.
    I have upgraded the firmware, installed an attic ariel and now have all the Saorview stuff along with Sat stuff.

Bought an external hard drive reformatted it and now have all the TV stop, pause record features.

In relation to the media player though, finding and playing jpegs and mp3s ok BUT having difficulties with my AVi files....Not reading or playing all of them, only a test but so far have only been able to play 3 out of 4! not a good ratio, making me reluctant to transfer more onto the ext hard drive.

Now to be fair they are not from strictly kosher sites but they play fine on my own computer, which I find strange.
    Which player does the Walker Combo Media software use to play Avi's?
    Or is there something else I can do to get them to play?
    TIA

Aye treasure yourself
    Ronnie

• Advertisement

with the media player on any combo receiver, saorview approved or otherwise and for that matter on any satellite or terrestrial receiver, the type of media that the box will play can be limited enough. If it won't play a particular type of file, you'll just have to convert it into something that it will play. You can use something like format factory for this.

The media player functionality should just be treated as an add on bonus function of the receiver and will never be as good or play the same range of files as a standalone dedicated media player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Is it possible to connect this device to a local network/workgroup to share files directly to it rather than connecting drives to it? Or are the dives connected to it accessible to the network to allow sharing between the drive and other machines on network

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Apesma

This looks for a great box because I want to move from SD free to air satellite to HD free to air satellite and Saorview.

However, I think it lacks one feature I'd like - the ability to watch Saorview while recording satellite or watch satellite while recording Saorview.

Am I correct in saying this isn't possible with this box?

And if I am correct, is it feasible that a Firmware update might make it possible in the future?

byte

It appears to me that the Saorview side and the Satellite side are two different entities, and not sort of combined like most combo receivers.

You can't mix sat with DTT channels, so I can only assume it's two different chipsets/boards fired in, but operate independently.

Because of this, I doubt you'll ever be able to record DTT whilst watching sat or vice versa.

That said, I'd like to be proven wrong, as it would be nice to be able to mix the two platforms into one list.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I'm pretty sure you will be able to watch one while recording the other. The tuners of both are separate which means you can't mix the channels in the one listbut you will be able to flip over and back while recording one. I'm not 100% since I don't have the box but if it's like other combos you'll be ok.

Apesma wrote: »
    This looks for a great box because I want to move from SD free to air satellite to HD free to air satellite and Saorview.

However, I think it lacks one feature I'd like - the ability to watch Saorview while recording satellite or watch satellite while recording Saorview.

Am I correct in saying this isn't possible with this box?

And if I am correct, is it feasible that a Firmware update might make it possible in the future?

Walker inform us that they would like to add in this feature too. It may be 6 months or more to realise this they tell us. In the meanwhile, the Triax TSC114 is the only saorview approved comco that will let you do this.

having some issues with that firmware upgrade followed the instructions but box wont recognise key or hard drive any ideas

having some issues with that firmware upgrade followed the instructions but box wont recognise key or hard drive any ideas

format your USB stick to FAT32. backup up whatever you had on it before you do it cause you'll wipe the memory stick during formatting process

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Simply TV

Whats the current firmware on the box you have?

can you access the installer menu?
    if not you need a different version of the upgrade.

• Advertisement

1. Find what version of f/w you are on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aOiOClnNZU

If you are already on 2.3, go to point 3

2. Upgrade version from 1.2 to 2.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg211iigW2I

3. Load channel list (sat) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyxnvsXNrUQ

Advertisement