Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Thanks for replies guys.

I'll get on to our solicitor now and update them to start the request and we'll see how everything goes, cheers.
    Credit committee should be a formality, more of a checkbox i'd imagine.
    as the last statement they saw from me was September, so not that long ago.

Cheeers

Jafin wrote: »
    I don't want to put the frighteners on anyone, and it's very possible that it's different for every LA, but when I was sale agreed my LA did tell me that they needed all the documents in by the end of November if I had any hope of drawing down before Christmas because they have some kind of end of year report to do, and that's the deadline. I was told that if I didn't have everything in by then that it would likely be March 2021 before I could proceed, or February at the very earliest. It's all moot now anyway as the sale fell through, but I would check these things with your LA if you can. Like I said though, it's very possible these time frames are different for each LA, and just because gave me those timeframes doesn't mean it's the same for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scr88

Hi everyone, How long does it take for loan to be issued once sent to finance. I submitted final documents today that I received from vendors solicitors, it is a new build. They are sending documents to finance tomorrow. Its a confusing process and I'm not getting answers from any side. I'm hoping to have all complete by Christmas, is this been too optimistic? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Hi all. Anyone here gone the self build journey? I/we are a bit lost as to what paperwork is needed for a direct labour build.

Anyone got any experience with this? PM if you'd prefer thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scr88

Update. I submitted final documents on Wednesday and just received an email to say council issuing cheque to their solicitor tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Jafin

Nice, congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Hudur

Is it possible to get extension or is it always just 6-months after approval?

Lockdown now and one month had passed already before the letter finally arrived, so it doesn't leave too much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Financesetc.

Hudur wrote: »

Lockdown now and one month had passed already before the letter finally arrived, so it doesn't leave too much time.

Do you need to get a form stamped by revenue when applying. Anyone know when they are open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Hi folks. Just wondering can the help to buy be used as part of your deposit. So say i have 80% of the deposit saved can i say i am going to claim the help to buy to make up the other 20% (which i have checked on revenue and would be entitiled to) even though i'm not sure if i'll be buying a new house or not?

Yes,we got it for first lockdown. Ask your council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Do you need to get a form stamped by revenue when applying. Anyone know when they are open again?

Council check it for you. Just give them permission to do it
    noler123 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just wondering can the help to buy be used as part of your deposit. So say i have 80% of the deposit saved can i say i am going to claim the help to buy to make up the other 20% (which i have checked on revenue and would be entitiled to) even though i'm not sure if i'll be buying a new house or not?

HTB only works on new builds, not second hand. Also the builder has to be HTB approved. Apply on revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question but do RIHL allow you to buy a house directly from the seller without the intervention of an EA?

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    Hi all,

This might be a stupid question but do RIHL allow you to buy a house directly from the seller without the intervention of an EA?

Why not sure

You'll need a solicitor though

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Absolutely, everything goes through the solicitor. EA get paid for taking pictures and feeding you BS

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Financesetc.

Guys please. Has anyone applied for the the mortgage allowance scheme and got it???

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Hi All,

We got approval 2 weeks ago, we have found a potential house, however it is not ready till possibly June.

Would it be likely it would be ok even though it would be over the 6mts.

Also , it's a new build so if we were to go for it and contracts would need to be signed in 21 days in order to receive your extras, would we be signing it and paying the 10% even before council has approved the valuation.

Also with the help to buy would we need to apply now or January ? Is it needed for the signing of the contracts or is it needed for the drawdown stage?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sherif callie

Scr88 wrote: »
    Update. I submitted final documents on Wednesday and just received an email to say council issuing cheque to their solicitor tomorrow

Hi, congratulations.

May i ask? Who is the mpi with and where do i get the forms? I am a couple of weeks away from house being ready. Dcc is my LA.
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭AdmiringWig

Finally got our keys! Sale agreed since July but we got there! DCC were very helpful the whole way through and the delays we're not on their end.

Does anyone know when the first mortgage payment is? Is it a month after drawdown?

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisad10

I'm due to draw down on Friday with SDCC. My solicitor has said that if the funds are in his account early then I will close on Friday if not it will be Monday when I close and get the keys. Has anyone drawn down with SDCC and would know what time the funds go into the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TaDa

Has anyone been able to draw down while on the EWSS scheme? Hearing so many mixed stories on it all.

I have yet to be asked for a letter from my employer. Is it a definite that this will be asked for? If so, is it possible to proceed with draw down when an employer on EWSS provides a letter stating the applicant is in receipt but in a stable position (Not sure how it can be called stable if on a subsidy scheme however)

Crazy to think it could be 2nd quarter of next year at the earliest before I am eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Anyone know which solicitor Cork City Council use?

Loan is with them now apparently but haven’t heard anything from them and it’s been weeks. Staff in the council department gone quiet too. Would like my solicitor to contact their solicitor directly & see what’s going on.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Can anyone in the Kildare area recommend a solicitor familiar with RI (or does it really matter) we are looking now and prices are vary...

Also can anyone tell me the average price for a new build with solicitor so far we are getting quotes between 5500 - 7000 we had budgeted between 4000-5000

TIA

TaDa wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to draw down while on the EWSS scheme? Hearing so many mixed stories on it all.

I have yet to be asked for a letter from my employer. Is it a definite that this will be asked for? If so, is it possible to proceed with draw down when an employer on EWSS provides a letter stating the applicant is in receipt but in a stable position (Not sure how it can be called stable if on a subsidy scheme however)

Crazy to think it could be 2nd quarter of next year at the earliest before I am eligible.

I have read and been told by KCC that You have to be 3mts off any covid payment - but also read it is based on a case by case basis.

I have just come off payment (hopefully wont go back on between now and drawdown) I am 2nd applicant so hoping that helps our case.

I asked this this week with KCC (we are going for new build might not be ready by end of 6mts) once all forms are in and contract signed etc it goes back to credit commitee with updated payslips , savings records etc and then it should be fine to get extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Anyone know which solicitor Cork City Council use?

Loan is with them now apparently but haven’t heard anything from them and it’s been weeks. Staff in the council department gone quiet too. Would like my solicitor to contact their solicitor directly & see what’s going on.

Hi,

We went with Cork County Council and they used their own solicitors dept. Does city hall have a solicitor dept?

Dankarl wrote: »
    Hi,

We went with Cork County Council and they used their own solicitors dept. Does city hall have a solicitor dept?

Hi. Ya could well be in-house. Either way, can’t get contact details for them & the staff in RIHL department keep repeating the same thing.

Hi. Ya could well be in-house. Either way, can’t get contact details for them & the staff in RIHL department keep repeating the same thing.

That's across the board. Once it's been sent to the solicitor, that's who deals with it.
    If you want an update you have to go via your own solicitor. That's why you pay them

BKWDR wrote: »
    That's across the board. Once it's been sent to the solicitor, that's who deals with it.
    If you want an update you have to go via your own solicitor. That's why you pay them

I already said the reason I’m looking for the information is so my solicitor can contact them. Their solicitor has never been in contact so my own solicitor can’t give me an update. They are also working on it, trying to find out who is dealing with it.

I already said the reason I’m looking for the information is so my solicitor can contact them. Their solicitor has never been in contact so my own solicitor can’t give me an update. They are also working on it, trying to find out who is dealing with it.

The Council's solicitor will have the details of your nominated solicitor and send out the mortgage pack to them. Id say the staff dont give out contact details of the solicitors as they are a buffer for them. Maybe just ask them to check to see if the mortgage pack has been issued yet to your solicitor and say your solicitor is asking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So, as some folks might remember I have AIP from Dublin City Council. There's nothing in my bracket at the moment, so it looks like it'll be well after Christmas (and possibly an extension) before anything comes into view.

In the meantime, I've submitted an application for both South Dublin County Council and Fingal County Council via post on Tuesday, 01/12/20. I'll come back to document dates etc here as I did before to give people an idea of the different stages, but it'll probably be a lot less usefully indicative of anything because the cycle will include Christmas this time.

All the best to folks here at any stage in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

An update on our applications.
    I rang DCC on Friday to enquire about ours & they said we've been approved :D The amount is pretty close to what was shown on the calculator. We're delighted. We applied towards the end of September. Took a little over 9 weeks.

We're still waiting to hear back from SDCC. Since June.

Advertisement