Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wifi Extension

• 01-11-2020 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to put a SAT/IPTV box in my bedroom - I've got to sat points and an ethernet port in thee room.
    However, there is no internet connection in that side of the house. What I was hoping to get was an IPTV box which would also act as a network hotspot in order to extend the network coverage throughout the house.

However, I'm not having much luck sourcing a box which will meet the spec requirements I have.

For speed reasons I'd prefer to have the IPTV box connected to the LAN, but it looks like I'm going to have to use that port for a wifi extension point.

Any recommendations for such a device that is minimalist and will not clutter the room - I would be hoping to wall mount, but depending on the devices I may have to opt for a small shelf.

Any suggestions for the WiFi appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement