Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Seems like a good deal on heating oil...?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Looks like people did the right thing in stocking up or even buying a spare tank
    A4ykXoK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭mikeecho

zell12 wrote: »
    Looks like people did the right thing in stocking up or even buying a spare tank
    A4ykXoK.png

My spare tank (IBC) is now empty.. I transferred the last 500L over to the main tank (now full) last week.

I'm just wondering if I should now fill the IBC again.. as it looks like oil is on the up and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Filled up 1000l in may and some scum decide to rob most of it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

honda boi wrote: »
    Filled up 1000l in may and some scum decide to rob most of it!!!!

We bought a house about 6months ago. No one was living in it for about 6 weeks as the purchase was going through.

Some dirty you know what robbed the oil.....

And the tank lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

mikeecho wrote: »
    My spare tank (IBC) is now empty.. I transferred the last 500L over to the main tank (now full) last week.

I'm just wondering if I should now fill the IBC again.. as it looks like oil is on the up and up.

Everything is coming to a standstill again. Less demand will hopefully result in a fall in price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,851 ✭✭✭thesandeman

€295 for 500L yesterday for me but no competition around here (Connemara).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

€295 for 500L yesterday for me but no competition around here (Connemara).

€520 for 1000 ltrs here yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Bought 3000L for 1020 Euro in May , 1400L Tank more than half full and 2 x 1000L IBC Tanks still full in the shed,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Gooser14

wrangler wrote:
    €520 for 1000 ltrs here yesterday

Here being where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Here being where?

Local fuels westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

Just wondering do they still put an additive in with kerosene that turns jelly like after a while. All be it a good while. But just asking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

€520 is generally available in many areas for 1000 litres

€285 seems to be the 500l price

This will give you the best prices in your area

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/

Just wondering do they still put an additive in with kerosene that turns jelly like after a while. All be it a good while. But just asking

Can you explain further ?

I think you might be getting confused regarding green diesel gelling.

Kero was added to diesel in the past to prevent gelling.
    But modern diesel has additives to make it viable at low temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    We bought a house about 6months ago. No one was living in it for about 6 weeks as the purchase was going through.

Some dirty you know what robbed the oil.....

And the tank lol.

ffs :mad:

Everything is coming to a standstill again. Less demand will hopefully result in a fall in price

The rest of the world is moving. And OPEC have announced a production cut, oil is up.

The US is getting a new president, that might push the $ up .

I bit the bullet and ordered 1000L.
    The cheapest for me is 54¢/L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

mikeecho wrote: »
    The rest of the world is moving. And OPEC have announced a production cut, oil is up.

The US is getting a new president, that might push the $ up .

I bit the bullet and ordered 1000L.
    The cheapest for me is 54¢/L

I paid 46 cents in Cork at the end of November after a bit of haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi. Is the quality of all kerosene the same, regardless of supplier? Am seeing prices from 51c to 55c in my area (https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin) which adds up for a large fill. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

All the exact same quality William.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭CoBo55

william wrote: »
    Hi. Is the quality of all kerosene the same, regardless of supplier? Am seeing prices from 51c to 55c in my area (https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin) which adds up for a large fill. Thanks.

Can't say I've ever noticed a difference.

• Advertisement

william wrote: »

It adds up to €40 for 1,000L

Not a life changing amount and shows that there's competition out there.

Market prices change 3-4 times a week, so it can be down to a supplier buying on the right day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just quoted €530 for 1,000 ltrs kerosene
    (Graiguenamanagh - McConville oil)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hopefully Iran will be able to start producing and selling there oil to the world again and that will bring prices down a bit again.
    Put ye fecking greedy Saudis cutting production now just silly. They are probably thinking that Iran will be selling its oil again soon so that is why they done it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Hopefully Iran will be able to start producing and selling there oil to the world again and that will bring prices down a bit again.
    Put ye fecking greedy Saudis cutting production now just silly. They are probably thinking that Iran will be selling its oil again soon so that is why they done it.

Oil Prices have jumped 40% in the last 2 months. (10% in the last few days)

With vaccines being rolled out, the market is expecting high demand for travel, so unlikely to see a big drop unless there is either an economic shock or as you say, increased production.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Come April oil prices will plummet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Why do you think Oil will drop in price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

6541 wrote: »

Pay heed to Darc19 ,He knows what he is talking about , Called it right earlier in the year Brent Price related to Kero.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Oil Prices have jumped 40% in the last 2 months. (10% in the last few days)

With vaccines being rolled out, the market is expecting high demand for travel, so unlikely to see a big drop unless there is either an economic shock or as you say, increased production.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Pay heed to Darc19 ,He knows what he is talking about , Called it right earlier in the year Brent Price related to Kero.

True.

Also, the latest OPEC meeting, agreeded on a production cut.

With vaccines being rolled out, the world is opening up.

And oil is on the way back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,917 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

6541 wrote: »

Would also assume people buy less home heating oil coming into the warmer months?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would also assume people buy less home heating oil coming into the warmer months?

That's true, but jet planes, cruise ships etc all use oil. They'll push demand up.

For the past few years, home heating oil hasn't really dropped during the summer.

Advertisement