Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Web Design - HELP

Options
  • 08-10-2020 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

So I am looking to create a website but I am unsure whether I can create what I am looking for or would I need a professional to do it.

The website would be a live sports streaming website.

Main Features I would be looking for:
    Subscription model and pay per game
    Single code login (so multiple users can't use the same login)
    Video storage - Videos of games remain on page for members to view after the event
    Suggestion box feature

Would one of the website builders online allow me to create this (aware that I will likely need the paid features) ?
    I would prefer to try build it myself if possible and will happily turn to a professional if unhappy with the result.

What is cost of website development of that nature if I were to use a professional?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Which sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

That sounds a bit more than "web design" - its the design and building of a streaming platform by the sounds of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Going by your description, you would need a lot more than a professional. Even if you created it all yourself, you would need a decent amount of capital just to pay for the hosting services that would manage both storage and the type of bandwidth required for streaming.

Also, I'm not aware of any single tool that would create something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Uvex

Thank you all for your replies.

This is the kind of website and service I was looking at if it helps.
    Just with a subscription service added.

https://pairctv.com/

EDIT So really I'm talking about embedding the video on the website but using a different hosting platform? If that makes sense. Not sure if my terminology is correct.

Advertisement