Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies Like SAP

• 27-09-2020 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've been working in SAP for four years and prior to Covid I was looking to leave in order to get a pay rise. I'm just wondering if there are any other companies with similar work life balance? SAP typically pay below market rate but there is very little pressure in the job and they're not strict with timekeeping, etc.

A pay rise would be greatly appreciated but I don't want to go somewhere for 10K extra, only to pay half of it in tax and be worked to the bone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Hi guys, I've been working in SAP for four years and prior to Covid I was looking to leave in order to get a pay rise. I'm just wondering if there are any other companies with similar work life balance? SAP typically pay below market rate but there is very little pressure in the job and they're not strict with timekeeping, etc.

A pay rise would be greatly appreciated but I don't want to go somewhere for 10K extra, only to pay half of it in tax and be worked to the bone.

No there aren’t really. It’s the work life balance that people stay for, its the reason why most long serving employees don’t leave. You need to think how much that work life balance is worth to you. I don’t think it’s something you can put a monetary value on. You could look at moving to some of the bigger consultancy companies, they pay well but the literally own you.

You'd search a long time before you find a multi-national that gives similar work-life balance as SAP. They live that policy while others pay lip service to it.
    But if you can't afford comfortable accommodation on the salary they offer then the life side of the work-life balance won't be so great.
    If you want better wages and an even better work life balance then distinguish yourself from those who plod along in their roles and put in for a transfer to Walldorf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Had my first ever interview with SAP and I had to bite my lip at the end to not call the interviewer a prick. Always wonder how different my life would have been had that interview gone differently.

why didn't you apply again later. I know people who needed more than one attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ended up having a few interviews that didn't work out, took a gap year, came back and realised that I wanted to live in elsewhere for a few years and have been in London every since.

Interestingly to hear about this work /life balance attitude they have. I took the aptitude test and had heard prior to taking it that it was super important to come across consistently at the end. The test clearly consisted of 5 key themes and one I answered the "work / life balance" ones in a certain way I did so for them all. His called me a loner based on my results which didn't go down well.

Curious what life in SAP could have been like had I a bit more interview experience behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Salesforce would be the obvious choice, depends what kind of role you're looking for though as some will be have better work life balance than others. Generally on the engineering/services side it's very good. Also above average salary. I used to work in the services division and we hired a lot of people from SAP

Advertisement