Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Hi, just wondering when or how do you get the competencies? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Also did anyone do a preparation course? If so, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DKGD2019

Has anyone had their stage 3 interview for the Irish stream yet? If so, what’s their standard of Irish like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Does anyone know the wait or generally how long it takes to to get through stage 4 between now and then obviously depending we pass the interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Dave3345 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the wait or generally how long it takes to to get through stage 4 between now and then obviously depending we pass the interviews

Think it was in the booklet at the start about a month between the two iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lotrail

DKGD2019 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their stage 3 interview for the Irish stream yet? If so, what’s their standard of Irish like ?

I did my interview as Gaeilge. High standard of Irish, they're fluent Irish speakers.

Lotrail wrote: »
    I did my interview as Gaeilge. High standard of Irish, they're fluent Irish speakers.

I was thinking that they would be, are they from different dialects or all the same if you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lotrail

DKGD2019 wrote: »
    I was thinking that they would be, are they from different dialects or all the same if you remember?

Canúint na Mumhan maybe? I found it easy to understand them anyway, but I did spend a few days listening to Radio N G in the car just in case!

Lotrail wrote: »
    Canúint na Mumhan maybe? I found it easy to understand them anyway, but I did spend a few days listening to Radio N G in the car just in case!

That’s no bother, I was just wondering...GRMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

Hoping the word is out tomorrow and it’s not a long wait til Friday or beyond!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I've misplaced my sheet I got at stage 2 that has the information of what to bring to the interview (LC results etc) I have a fair idea but would anyone mind putting up the list of what's needed please? Thanks!

Is anyone hopeful they will start sending results from interviews today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

AshleyOH wrote: »
    Is anyone hopeful they will start sending results from interviews today?!

Not sure as if all showed for interview thats 161 to grade and seperate out OOM's and feedback, and if they ended only last thursday then thats giving them only friday and today to do all that along with whatever else there doing so prob not :( .. hope im wrong though :)

sazxox wrote: »
    Not sure as if all showed for interview thats 161 to grade and seperate out OOM's and feedback, and if they ended only last thursday then thats giving them only friday and today to do all that along with whatever else there doing so prob not :( .. hope im wrong though :)

Same!! Nothing worse than the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Looking back at the 2018 campaign the first batch of interviewees got their results on a Tuesday. Hopefully it’s the same for us!

Looking back at the 2018 campaign the first batch of interviewees got their results on a Tuesday. Hopefully it’s the same for us!

Oh hopefully so!!
    And did they finish up on a thursday too? :)

Oh hopefully so!!
    And did they finish up on a thursday too? :)

I have no idea, but if the 2018 campaign finished up on a Friday and had results by Tuesday there’s a good chance we could get ours today.

I have no idea, but if the 2018 campaign finished up on a Friday and had results by Tuesday there’s a good chance we could get ours today.

Oh yeah good thinking, maybe so :) Hopefully!!

Oh yeah good thinking, maybe so :) Hopefully!!

The previous campaign in 2017 looks to have finished on a Friday and results were out the Wednesday so maybe that’ll be the max time it should take! Hopefully today or tomorrow!

Anybody want to give them a call?:)

• Advertisement

Anybody want to give them a call?:)

I think it would be bad if I did considering I only interviewed on Thurs haha :D

I think it would be bad if I did considering I only interviewed on Thurs haha :D

I just called there and they said 2-3 weeks as they’ve to wait for the Irish stream to finish?

I just called there and they said 2-3 weeks as they’ve to wait for the Irish stream to finish?

What?
    The woman who sits in the room with you told me 'next week' which is like this week haha.. they must be getting confused :)

What?
    The woman who sits in the room with you told me 'next week' which is like this week haha.. they must be getting confused :)

Yeah I don’t know cause someone called a week ago or something and they were told week of the 2nd too so I don’t know :(

Yeah I don’t know cause someone called a week ago or something and they were told week of the 2nd too so I don’t know :(

Id say it will be this week as they have told loads that already.. maybe your one thought you were asking when you would be called for interview :D

Id say it will be this week as they have told loads that already.. maybe your one thought you were asking when you would be called for interview :D[/quote

Yeah maybe! Hopefully anyway!

Do they usually wait for the Irish stream and such to finish or? Sorry guys just worried now the wait will be a long one!

Irish stream interviews are finished this Thursday so it should be next week when results are out.

I can’t imagine we would have to wait for the Irish stream to finish though. They’re a different stream so different OOM’s etc.

• Advertisement

I can’t imagine we would have to wait for the Irish stream to finish though. They’re a different stream so different OOM’s etc.

Hoping for the end of the week anyway!

Advertisement