Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible Jon Anderson show Olympia March 2020

• 05-08-2019 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

European tour rumours of Jon Anderson and 8 piece band currently touring USA, mix of Yes hits and Jon's solo stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Would be the perfect venue for him.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Would be aaaaaallllll over this!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

possible 2 shows dublin and 1 belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the weirdest singing voice in rock history?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

possible 2 shows dublin and 1 belfast

Any idea when the tour announcement will be made?, I saw him twice recently with the ARW version of Yes and he was as good as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is this wishful thinking or is there any substance to the rumour ?

Decision will not be made until after the US tour. Lads been on the road for the last month.

Then the Euro tour get's planned. It is 1000 hands not ARW

The main issue is costs, can we sell 2 nights at the olympia and 1 in Belfast

(min 1000 tickets per night @ 55 euro a ticket).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The main issue is costs, can we sell 2 nights at the Olympia and 1 in Belfast? (min 1,000 tickets per night @ 55 euro a ticket).

I can't see him doing multiple Dublin shows as Jon Anderson. The last time Yes were here in any guise, an Anderson-less band (Howe, Squire, White, Oliver Wakeman and Benoit David) did one Olympia show, which was superb, but it sold on the back of it being a Yesshow with Yessongs. Is Anderson able to draw more than one full house on his own? I mean, the full Tales lineup did one night in Vicar Street in 2003.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

The main issue is costs, can we sell 2 nights at the olympia and 1 in Belfast

(min 1000 tickets per night @ 55 euro a ticket).

Probably not .... unfortunately

• Advertisement

OK
    who do you go and see

So Yes is coming with Steve Howe and the 3rd drummer

Jon will be touring with his band but most of the set will be YES songs that Jon wrote

personally YES is Jon Anderson

Who would you like to see, we are planning the Euro tour for FEB or March

Tickets would be 50 each, 2 shows in Dublin

Jon Anderson touring under his own name or will YES feature in the advertising ? Regardless I still can't see him sell out 2 shows in Dublin (I'm presuming Vicar St sized venue).

Looking at similar acts with a similar fan base , the Steve Howe YES are doing one date (tickets still readily available) , Steve Hackett when he played one date wasn't a sell out, Marillion played one date that wasn't a sell out (I stand to be corrected on that).

As much as I'd love to see him play - I think if it's dependent on 2 shows being a sell out to make it financially viable I think it could struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

RayCon wrote: »
    Jon Anderson touring under his own name or will YES feature in the advertising ? Regardless I still can't see him sell out 2 shows in Dublin (I'm presuming Vicar St sized venue).

Looking at similar acts with a similar fan base , the Steve Howe YES are doing one date (tickets still readily available) , Steve Hackett when he played one date wasn't a sell out, Marillion played one date that wasn't a sell out (I stand to be corrected on that).

As much as I'd love to see him play - I think if it's dependent on 2 shows being a sell out to make it financially viable I think it could struggle.

You're correct on all of that. Marillion wasn't full in Belfast either (the night before Vicar Street).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Jon Anderson touring as 1000 hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDoMFpYfbg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rockterrain

Tickets would be 50 each, 2 shows in Dublin

What is the substance behind these rumours? Seems more like wishful thinking.

Advertisement