Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Yea it was my first time with no preparation. The verbal reasoning was ok I think and the last one, the situational multiple choice. But the numerical..you see the question for 10 seconds and then have up to ten seconds to answer. It was rough and I panicked. You get a chance to practice a little beforehand but I would advise anyone to go to the Familiarisation Material we got a few weeks ago and practise there Too late for me!!

Does the question disappear after 10seconds??does it move onto the next question if you haven’t answered in 10seconds?are the questions about finding % and like
    25 x ? divided by 5=100?
    My friend sat these exams in 2016 and she said she had 18mins for 20questions in the maths section.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

those maths one.... FML..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 claireshaughs

Arod13 wrote: »
    Does the question disappear after 10seconds??does it move onto the next question if you haven’t answered in 10seconds?are the questions about finding % and like
    25 x ? divided by 5=100?
    My friend sat these exams in 2016 and she said she had 18mins for 20questions in the maths section.

Yea you do get 20 mins to answer but each question is onscreen for 10 seconds and then answer in 10 seconds..in some of them not even 10..yea some is say for eg 100-20÷?=10. I was just making it up so just practise for a few days beforehand

Yea you do get 20 mins to answer but each question is onscreen for 10 seconds and then answer in 10 seconds..in some of them not even 10..yea some is say for eg 100-20÷?=10. I was just making it up so just practise for a few days beforehand[/quote]

Oh Christ.i thought it was just a countdown timer from 10mins,if you spend 40secs on 1 question so be it!!didnt realise that each question had a time limit.

Arod13 wrote: »
    Yea you do get 20 mins to answer but each question is onscreen for 10 seconds and then answer in 10 seconds..in some of them not even 10..yea some is say for eg 100-20÷?=10. I was just making it up so just practise for a few days beforehand

Oh Christ.i thought it was just a countdown timer from 10mins,if you spend 40secs on 1 question so be it!!didnt realise that each question had a time limit.[/quote]

• Advertisement

Maybe it's to see how people can think on their feet..just don't go in blind. Do the practice

Did anyone use the mock assessments on career services?

Maybe it's to see how people can think on their feet..just don't go in blind. Do the practice

Very possible.Keep your chin up,you might not have done as bad as you think.every one seems to have struggled on the maths so your score still could be high in comparison.

Thank you but I think you have to reach a certain pass rate in everything but sure look, what's done is done. I don't think I'd cope with that no matter how much practice. Too quick

sazxox wrote: »
    those maths one.... FML..

I’m dreading sitting these assessments after these posts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

That maths was absolute disaster definitely did not pass that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

I'm sure everyone thinks like that but keep your head up. They don't expect you to get all of the questions complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

I feel the same about the verbal reasoning. You may have done very well on the maths so don’t be thinking too bad about it.
    Everyone will feel the same about certain parts but hopefully it will be good news when results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can I do this exam on a phone browser like I did the questionaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Can I do this exam on a phone browser like I did the questionaire?

A laptop/desktop would be much better to do the tests on!!!

Personally I wouldn't attempt it on a mobile, and they recommend to use a laptop/desktop for the tests. Not sure how you were able to do the questionnaire without any issues but it's really not worth even trying it. You have seconds to enter the answer for the numerical reasoning.

The practice test for the calculation section is a lot easier than the actual test!

Anyway my pc fecked up and the exam stopped and couldnt be restarted so had to email support.:(

The practice test for the calculation section is a lot easier than the actual test!

Anyway my pc fecked up and the exam stopped and couldnt be restarted so had to email support.:(

Did they help you ? How did you find the verbal reasoning

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

I just did the aptitudes tests there. All three sections went well. The numerical test was a piece of cake. Once you keep your concentration for the duration of the tests it is manageable. Cant wait to see the results of this stage :)

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Did they help you ? How did you find the verbal reasoning

They gave me a good idea of what to expect but the actual test is harder, verbal is easy enough tbh read it read the question then glance it again if you're not sure.

They gave me a good idea of what to expect but the actual test is harder, verbal is easy enough tbh read it read the question then glance it again if you're not sure.

Did you feel you had enough time to finish all 30 questions? Did the support team help you when your computer had problems . Did they start where you left off ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

Star hurl wrote: »
    So your talking about around 35 k for the first 3 years with Sunday's etc

Sorry I was away so couldn't reply.
    47000 is the salary when you go into a jail.
    It's the basic plus allowances plus 360 mandatory overtime per year

billgibney wrote: »
    Sorry I was away so couldn't reply.
    47000 is the salary when you go into a jail.
    It's the basic plus allowances plus 360 mandatory overtime per year

47k before tax obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

47k before tax obviously

Before tax prsi pension pension levy usc union medical aid etc.

billgibney wrote: »
    Before tax prsi pension pension levy usc union medical aid etc.

Yes so your looking at just over 34k after all that
    2,875 a month .

Did you feel you had enough time to finish all 30 questions? Did the support team help you when your computer had problems . Did they start where you left off ?

Yeh sorted the issue, going to finish it tonight, I had 10 minutes left over.

Finished it there not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 private89

Yes so your looking at just over 34k after all that
    2,875 a month .

Sounds pretty decent.

Did the aptitude tests myself there. I thought I did OK but they were tricky enough and you always think after I should have put that instead but will have to wait and see, i wonder how long it will take to hear back?

Did anyone have trouble getting into the tests I had to download something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

Did anyone have trouble getting into the tests I had to download something.

I had to do the same to proceed but it hasn’t worked?!

• Advertisement

Was it adobe flash? Download then restart your browser.

Advertisement