Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Quite happy with my progress up to 4 weeks ago when I put my back out. Hoping to ease back into it tomorrow. Wish I had shares in Nurofen plus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I'm on 4,135km ytd. My target is 4,500km for the year. I wasn't cycling in January of this year because i'd just changed jobs, so i think i'll set next years target for 5000km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Should hit my goal of 3500km by christmas, I've a good bit of time off work between now and then so more than achievable.

That target was based on May-Dec so I think I can realistically set a target for next years of minimum 7000km.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Just out of interest where did you get the overall elevation figure (since joining Strava?) I can only get the overall distance, longest ride and biggest climb but not the total elevation.

BTW - we joined at almost the same time. I joined at the end of December 2011.

Elevation is listed in your Strava Profile. Im at 79,000m for 2018

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Elevation is listed in your Strava Profile.
    not your all-time elevation, though - your all-time distance is listed.

• Advertisement

not your all-time elevation, though - your all-time distance is listed.

Me bad, you good! Your right...annual Elevation not All-time elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Somewhat stalled myself, as family sh!t fun activities have taken up the last couple of weekends, and the next couple coming up. Plus commuting hasn't worked out well this week, including wimping out!

Should make the target, but will be limping over the line. Which I suppose is ok, given the 6 plus weeks out after the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

9750km so far this year. Well on target to reach 10000km. Won a club league race and also upgraded to A3.

Targets for next year:
    10000km
    don't get dropped in A3
    sub hour 40km TT. Need to gain over 2 minutes to do that. Might just buy aero equipment or TT bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I just tipped over 6000 km today I think. Going to be well short of the 7500-8000 km I'd set, but I've had about 14 weeks where I've either been off the bike entirely, or barely done anything other than a relatively short commute.

Must try to not crash next year.

11850 today...still behind schedule though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Weepsie wrote: »
    I just tipped over 6000 km today I think.

so did I :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Made it with a month to spare.

467168.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

07Lapierre wrote: »
    11850 today...still behind schedule though.
    ...and you're getting very close to 100,000kms overall on Strava.

So I am...well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

My numbers are miesly compared to those on here. 1272km with 12035m of climbing. I hope to blast this next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Passed my revised, revised elevation target yesterday - 180,000 mts! Best year ever despite my old age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

saccades wrote: »
    Able to complete the Wicklow 200 after a pulmonary embolism and lung infection in February.

Hopefully get the all clear on Tuesday.

2 days after...

Original goal was complete pivot twentyfour12 24hour pairs with over 200 miles completed.

Got a new PB on the W200 (4 mins improvement).

Was ahead of schedule on the 24/12 when we stopped at midnight due to the deterioration in the weather, race had to be abandoned 5 hours later.

Will probably hit 3000 km with 30,000m of climbing which isn't too bad for only weekend spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

10000k / 100000m goal, 600km/7180m short

Quite ambitious for the month of December, elevation-wise ;)

Alek wrote: »
    7180m short

Quite ambitious for the month of December, elevation-wise ;)
    Another 'Everesting' would sort that out pretty quickly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

After setting a 500Km target for the year, I'm currently on 6876Km.

Highlight of the year for me was shaving 29 minutes off my previous best for the Reservoir Dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Didn't set it as a target originally, but courtesy of stopping running and focusing on cycling only, I'd beaten my previous year's best (6000kms) by mid-Aug. so decided to have a go at 10000kms

Currently on 9300 so just about on track to achieve it provided the weather doesn't turn snowy/icy, or the xmas social occasions don't impinge on my ability to get out there and do the mileage regardless of how I'm feeling !

Will be well chuffed if I make - all outdoor, wind in your face kms, none of your indoor turbo/fireplace/gym easy kms !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Only at 5300km, had planned to get over 10000km but had a crash racing and had to have collarbone surgery so was off the bike for a couple of months.
    Then got a promotion in in work so workload increased, currently doing 13hr days so commute has gone out the window, only getting in on average 3 days a week training.
    Next season's racing is looking like a non runner.

Passed 19,000kms yesterday so I'm now on the final countdown to 20k.

Should be easily doable barring any mishaps or snow.

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

A very modest 5,000km will be done tomorrow! What a brilliant cycling year, weather was so good, only life and laziness got in the way!!

BGT wrote: »
    A very modest 5,000km will be done tomorrow!
    You're going to do a 5,000km ride tomorrow and you call that modest? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

You're going to do a 5,000km ride tomorrow and you call that modest? :D

Always one ☝️

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Hit the 10k mark yesterday down on the start of year aim of 12 but will be slogging through and try and get to 11 which will be most in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

Wow ... and I thought I was going well! Chapeau Sir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

How have you done 355 rides in a year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    How have you done 355 rides in a year?

Assuming commuting every day you’d be getting roughly 46*5*2 or 460 rides in a year.

Advertisement