Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

stringbox wrote: »
    Was it supposed to be today? Wow that's very quick.

Yeah, today alright, very quick turn around, and if successful one week to return the interview form. Panel expected to go live end of June! Compared to previous years it seems very rushed, the expressions to go out to the last panel generated less than 10 applicants to show interest, maybe that's the reason for the short timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

They missed a deadline...if we miss a deadline we're out of the campaign.
    No explanatory email...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

emtally wrote: »
    They missed a deadline...if we miss a deadline we're out of the campaign.
    No explanatory email...
    Was it definitely suppose to be today?

tanolo1 wrote: »

According to their campaign information it was today.

emtally wrote: »

According to their campaign information it was today.
    Guess will just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings ! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

I wonder whether they will extend the next deadline to compensate for the time lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MedicsRusIRE

It's possible that the majority could have failed the aptitude test due to negative marking.
    I can see them scrapping this campaign and revising the aptitude test and starting a new campaign.
    This is just a theory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Don't be silly. They are marked on a curve. The aptitude test system wasn't scribbled on the back of an envelope by Leo Varadkar as he left the building. Sure they missed a deadline, but everything else is going to plan.

Don't be silly. They are marked on a curve. The aptitude test system wasn't scribbled on the back of an envelope by Leo Varadkar as he left the building. Sure they missed a deadline, but everything else is going to plan.

"Silly"?
    Hmmm....
    Not sure I'm being "silly"...
    As I said, it's a theory.
    The system the HSE used was run by a company called Cut-E.
    This company prides itself in negative marking. It stands to reason therefore, that many may have failed.
    There were approx 300 at the tests over 3 days. The NAS need 750 staff immediately to maintain current levels.
    If too many failed then they could conceivably revise the aptitude test and renew the campaign.
    I fail to see how this theory is "silly"...

Cut-e is used by Public Appointment Service and lots of other companies for recruiting.
    The person with the highest score will be no. 1.

Where did you hear there was 300 candidates? Doesn't that mean that every single person who applied will get a job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It's possible that the majority could have failed the aptitude test due to negative marking.
    I can see them scrapping this campaign and revising the aptitude test and starting a new campaign.
    This is just a theory...

This happened in West Midlands Amb. Trust in the UK last year. Never got the quality of applicants in the first batch so there was a second round of interviews and aptitude tests.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    This happened in West Midlands Amb. Trust in the UK last year. Never got the quality of applicants in the first batch so there was a second round of interviews and aptitude tests.

I had heard of this happening before...
    The NAS/HSE can more or less do what they want...

Cut-e is used by Public Appointment Service and lots of other companies for recruiting.
    The person with the highest score will be no. 1.

Where did you hear there was 300 candidates? Doesn't that mean that every single person who applied will get a job?

300 candidates was from the horses mouth...
    True the person with the highest score will have the highest ranking. I don't dispute that.
    I was saying that if, out of the 300, too many didn't achieve the required minimum then they (NAS/HSE) could revise the tests and start again.
    If they don't then yes, it's possible that everyone will be invited to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

Ye could also be over thinking things, something more pressing could have come up in the office, like the recruitment campaign for porters in Roscommon hospital. I'm sure the results will be out tomorrow or Wednesday.

mr ice wrote: »
    Ye could also be over thinking things, something more pressing could have come up in the office, like the recruitment campaign for porters in Roscommon hospital. I'm sure the results will be out tomorrow or Wednesday.

More pressing than the recruitment of paramedics?
    I assume you are being sarcastic...
    Either way, it shouldn't have happened. A deadline is a deadline.
    If you miss one in this campaign you're out. No comeback,no appeal.

I had heard of this happening before...
    The NAS/HSE can more or less do what they want...

Relax lads, I'm in the same boat, it's out of our hands ontilll we hear more, there could be a number of reasons for the delay, from what I heard there was over 600 attended the tests, I can't see them scrapping the current process, however there could be an extra recruitment drive as there was very little advertising done for the current recruitment, I'd say they expected a bigger amount of applicants. They disbanded the last panel, even though they had a second band to draft from and only a hand full expressed interest in the offers, so as was said before, anything is possible

I can't understand why people are getting hung up on deadlines. Clearly you've never had any dealings with a large organisation before. They can miss deadlines - you can't. That's how it is. If you struggle with things being unfair then...

Just on another note, the recruitment drive is noting to do with NAS, it is all ran by NRS

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

More pressing than the recruitment of paramedics?
    I assume you are being sarcastic...
    Either way, it shouldn't have happened. A deadline is a deadline.
    If you miss one in this campaign you're out. No comeback,no appeal.

No I'm not being sarcastic, slightly disingenuous perhaps but many roles in the hse are rather pressing and some might be just about to get filled.
    A deadline for them is a guideline, for us it's to show we can follow orders. You'll be sitting on a panel long enough if your successful, 24 hours makes no difference.

Relax lads, I'm in the same boat, it's out of our hands ontilll we hear more, there could be a number of reasons for the delay, from what I heard there was over 600 attended the tests, I can't see them scrapping the current process, however there could be an extra recruitment drive as there was very little advertising done for the current recruitment, I'd say they expected a bigger amount of applicants. They disbanded the last panel, even though they had a second band to draft from and only a hand full expressed interest in the offers, so as was said before, anything is possible

It is out of our hands. This is all just speculation.
    The woman at the aptitude test said that only approx 450 people initially expressed interest but many dropped out due to the 6 LC subjects and the C1/D1 licences.
    Apparently this left approx 300 going to the test.

• Advertisement

mr ice wrote: »
    No I'm not being sarcastic, slightly disingenuous perhaps but many roles in the hse are rather pressing and some might be just about to get filled.
    A deadline for them is a guideline, for us it's to show we can follow orders. You'll be sitting on a panel long enough if your successful, 24 hours makes no difference.

And this is very true...

Just on another note, the recruitment drive is noting to do with NAS, it is all ran by NRS

The NRS are HSE...

Apparently the results should be out "sometime this week"...

Apparently the results should be out "sometime this week"...
    Hi there, who told you that I'd you don't mind me asking...thanks :-)

No names...
    It was "the horse's mouth"...
    That's all I can say.

No names...
    It was "the horse's mouth"...
    That's all I can say.
    No prob don't want names ... just a general idea !

Can't say any more...
    Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

If I was guessing, without a horse, I'd guess we'll hear sometime this week too.

Osgood wrote: »

If I was guessing, without a horse, I'd guess we'll hear sometime this week too.
    Ha ha me too !!!

• Advertisement

Can't say any more...
    Sorry.
    That's fine .. thanks .. it's what we knew anyway so let's just wait and see

Advertisement