Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Did every applicant get the email or was it only a certain amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

How long does the assessment take to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭waulie_palnuts

rocky911 wrote: »
    Just finished them.. very straight forward to be honest. If you have any experience in any ES you should be ok.

What tests came up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Itismyyear

Big Nasty wrote: »
    How long does the assessment take to do?

Says it should take 40mins but as said previously if you have experience in any ES and have common sense you should be fine took maybe 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Just did it myself..........very straight forward and no crazy math calculations thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Haven't done the test yet, but, spoke to someone who has and they said its fairly straight forward too, nothing mad.

I did one of the SHL numerical reasoning practice tests earlier today and it had me calculating gross domestic profit for Argentina from a graph :o so I was fairly spooked by it given maths isn't a strong point for me. I was assured however that the numerical part of our test was handy enough provided you've got some basic arthmetic skills. I'll report back when I have it done. Hopefully I can echo the comments of others. the person i spoke to also said it was emergency service based-ish anyway I'll see for myself :) best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Hi folks just wondering any advice going to sit a complete it in the morning after just coming off shift anyone else completed it yet thank you

Do after doing the online test. Does anyone have any idea what the next steps will be anyone have a timeline?

Itismyyear wrote: »
    Do after doing the online test. Does anyone have any idea what the next steps will be anyone have a timeline?

It said in the email they sent on Friday it will be "a number of weeks" before we hear anything back, those who get short listed from the first round of tests have to do a second round of tests then it'll be first round interview, physical assessments, second round interview, medical, garda clearance etc

big.left90 wrote: »
    It said in the email they sent on Friday it will be "a number of weeks" before we hear anything back, those who get short listed from the first round of tests have to do a second round of tests then it'll be first round interview, physical assessments, second round interview, medical, garda clearance etc

Thanks but i think this is the line from the email "Please be assured that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of the process in due course. Due to the numbers of applications received this may take a number of weeks."

They chose who got the first round of emails by filtering the CV's so im assuming that when they say a number of weeks its for people to be told they did not get it for those who did get an email im sure it wont be a couple of weeks until we hear from them..

Another question, is it for a Panel like DFB or will it be your accepted we are starting on .............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

Thanks but i think this is the line from the email "Please be assured that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of the process in due course. Due to the numbers of applications received this may take a number of weeks."

They chose who got the first round of emails by filtering the CV's so im assuming that when they say a number of weeks its for people to be told they did not get it for those who did get an email im sure it wont be a couple of weeks until we hear from them..

Another question, is it for a Panel like DFB or will it be your accepted we are starting on .............

I don't think they filtered any applications for this round. Everyone I know received an email inviting them to complete the first round and I know of about 50 people going for it at present.

As far as im aware everyone has been forwarded for apptitude testing, so we're going to be playing the waiting game. I wouldn't expect to hear anything back for at least 5 weeks, for round 2.

There's a number of vacancies to be filled immediately and the panel will be used to fill the rest over the next year or two.

Those that score high enough in the process probably won't be starting training till around september according to a guy I know who's a member of the apfs in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Everyone got the first round aptitude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I don't think anyone picked up on this but the Airport Fire service operate their own ambulance,With Phecc registered paramedics and it's kept very busy I know this from seeing it on a daily/nightly basis from working at the airport.
    From talking to the lads they seem to have the same setup as the DFB with rostering both for the tenders and ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

I don't think anyone picked up on this but the Airport Fire service operate their own ambulance,With Phecc registered paramedics and it's kept very busy I know this from seeing it on a daily/nightly basis from working at the airport.
    From talking to the lads they seem to have the same setup as the DFB with rostering both for the tenders and ambulance.

I seen that aswell, but are the new recruits trained to paramedic level or is it the same as retained and their trained to efr level, and they just have one or two qualified paramedics?

I seen that aswell, but are the new recruits trained to paramedic level or is it the same as retained and their trained to efr level, and they just have one or two qualified paramedics?

I don't think all are paramedics. I could be wrong.

The first aptitude was handy. Although who knows what answers they're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Are u meant to receive a confirmation email from daa after you've completed the test?

I don't think all the lads are trained to Paramedic level,But the ones on the ambulance are medics the ambulance is manned 24/7 .
    So they must have a number of lads trained as paramedics to cover the roster including holidays and sickness cover.
    Wether they will train new recruits up to paramedic level I don't know,I was talking to a crew one night while working there,They seemed more interested in my job asking me different questions about aircraft.
    If I was younger I would go for it I'm still physicaly fit but my eye sight is not 6/6 without me wearing glasses,So if the medical is the same as DFB I wouldn't stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭sjb25

Not all of them are paramedics but there is some I no 2 airport fire fighters where

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Can anyone help... I've went on to site for practice tests, which ones do I practice there seems to be loads is it verbal, numerical and logical. I'm in a tizzy here
    thanks lads

• Advertisement

They are not all paramedics some are alright they train with DFB the last DFB paramedic class had 2 or 3 airport firefighters on it but all new recruits will be trained as paramedics I'm sure you could apply for the course like everybody elese tho

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Can anyone help... I've went on to site for practice tests, which ones do I practice there seems to be loads is it verbal, numerical and logical. I'm in a tizzy here
    thanks lads

For this aptitude u don't need any of those practice.

All it is , is a few questions on what best describes u and a few questions on short stories. You're not timed either so it's handy

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Tintin8 wrote: »
    For this aptitude u don't need any of those practice.

All it is , is a few questions on what best describes u and a few questions on short stories. You're not timed either so it's handy

Thanks a mil for that tintin8. Just going staring now.

sjb25 wrote: »
    They are not all paramedics some are alright they train with DFB the last DFB paramedic class had 2 or 3 airport firefighters on it but all new recruits will be trained as paramedics I'm sure you could apply for the course like everybody elese tho

I know that not all the lads are trained up as medics,But the ones who are also rotate with shifts on the fire tenders & the Sides.
    Anyone know if the medical requirements for the job are the same as the DFB?

I know that not all the lads are trained up as medics,But the ones who are also rotate with shifts on the fire tenders & the Sides.

I'd imagine your eyesight will need to be 20/20 or close to it . It's a requirement for all brigades for new recruits. Once you're in and permanent you can wear glasses all u want

All it said on job requirements was that good eyesight needed . Nothing specific yet

O yeah they do on the requirements I'm not sure but I would say there wouldn't be much difference

Tintin8 wrote: »
    I'd imagine your eyesight will need to be 20/20 or close to it . It's a requirement for all brigades for new recruits. Once you're in and permanent you can wear glasses all u want

All it said on job requirements was that good eyesight needed . Nothing specific yet

You would think that they would give the exact medical requirements,In order to rule out people applying for the jobs that might fail on certain parts of the medical.
    From doing my class 1 medicals in the past 20 20 or as it's now known as 6/6 vision means being able to read the 2nd last line of the Snelling scale.

You would think that they would give the exact medical requirements,In order to rule out people applying for the jobs that might fail on certain parts of the medical.
    From doing my class 1 medicals in the past 20 20 or as it's now known as 6/6 vision means being able to read the 2nd last line of the Snelling scale.

It doesn't specify so if it's good eyesight you have it'll be fine I'm sure . Then again they could change this at a later date.

Anyway a medical is a long way away yet for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Dfb allow you to get laser treatment to meet eyesight requirements so I'm sure airport would be the same. There is a few paramedics in the airport alright but I didnt know they planned on training all new recruits up to paramedic level?? Can anyone confirm this? I do know that alot of qualified paramedics have applied for the jobs.

• Advertisement

bono_v wrote: »
    Dfb allow you to get laser treatment to meet eyesight requirements so I'm sure airport would be the same. There is a few paramedics in the airport alright but I didnt know they planned on training all new recruits up to paramedic level?? Can anyone confirm this? I do know that alot of qualified paramedics have applied for the jobs.

I'd highly doubt they will train ALL new recruits as paramedics I'm sure once recruited you could apply for the paramedic course if it came up tho....... And if a lot of qualified paramedics have applied that's a win win for them

Advertisement