Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Does anybody know how online aptitude tests work? I.E How do they know who is on the other end of the computer?

I also notice that a company is doing a two day course. The dates are the 12th + 13th April. Would that suggest that the online tests for the shortlisted candidates would be near enough to those dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

darsar wrote: »
    Does anybody know how online aptitude tests work? I.E How do they know who is on the other end of the computer?

I also notice that a company is doing a two day course. The dates are the 12th + 13th April. Would that suggest that the online tests for the shortlisted candidates would be near enough to those dates?

There's no way of telling but why would you get someone else to do it? It's easy enough.

That will be too late Id say . I think the aptitude is next week or week after

Ring daa HR and ask them but it'll be sooner than that

Tintin8 wrote: »
    There's no way of telling but why would you get someone else to do it? It's easy enough.

That will be too late Id say . I think the aptitude is next week or week after

Ring daa HR and ask them but it'll be sooner than that

Sorry, my bad. It was the 12th and 13th March.

I would imagine it would take about 2 weeks to go through applications if they started after the deadline. Maybe they've been going through them as they come in.

Of course, but people who cheat could be edging out the honest folk if it was only the top X% going through.

darsar wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad. It was the 12th and 13th March.

I would imagine it would take about 2 weeks to go through applications if they started after the deadline. Maybe they've been going through them as they come in.

Of course, but people who cheat could be edging out the honest folk if it was only the top X% going through.

I'm going to call HR tomorrow to find out for sure.

Actually , it says on the email after I applied that they will look at cv and contact me if my cv matches their needs. So CV is first round. I guess we all won't get a aptitude test.

• Advertisement

I'm going to call HR tomorrow to find out for sure.

Actually , it says on the email after I applied that they will look at cv and contact me if my cv matches their needs. So CV is first round. I guess we all won't get a aptitude test.

That would go with what somebody says in an above comment. They said they heard only 1000 to get aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Spoke to a colleague regarding the timeline from initial application to actual start dates and he put it anywhere between 4 and 6 months for the first batch. The last time they recruited for bodies was in 2009 and it was an internal competition and it took nearly 6 months to get through everything. So we're all in for the long haul, plus I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap the panel after a year and revert back to internal recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Closing date was yesterday. Anybody know how many applications were received?

Dave087 wrote: »
    Closing date was yesterday. Anybody know how many applications were received?

Was told over a 1000 by HR

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Was told over a 1000 by HR

Over a thousand by how much though??? I was told over 3500 last week and counting.

• Advertisement

bono_v wrote: »
    Over a thousand by how much though??? I was told over 3500 last week and counting.

i don't know really. That's what I was told. Either way it's a lottery to get a job. So many well qualified people will apply. I know loads of fireman who applied. Part timers and full timers. The jobs are in huge demand

Yep�. But sure if you're not in you can't win!!

bono_v wrote: »
    Yep�. But sure if you're not in you can't win!!

Very true! Someone has to get the jobs so why not me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Anyone know how many jobs going?
    When will we hear from them do ye think? Also any idea on remuneration?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

15 jobs going. Haven't heard anything about remuneration, salary, etc

Dave087 wrote: »
    15 jobs going. Haven't heard anything about remuneration, salary, etc

Thanks Dave. Best of luck to all. Suppose patience is key...just have to wait and hope for the call !

Anyone hear anything yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

No nothing yet, I'd say it could be a waiting game with a lot of patience involved.

Anyone do pre aptitude test course?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Anyone do pre aptitude test course?

Was considering it, but decided not to, they hadn't got the exact nature of the tests but am sure it would have been worthwhile, there's plenty of resources online to practice. Did you do it yourself ?

• Advertisement

big.left90 wrote: »
    Was considering it, but decided not to, they hadn't got the exact nature of the tests but am sure it would have been worthwhile, there's plenty of resources online to practice. Did you do it yourself ?

Ye I did it last week. Was expensive but worth it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Lads,

Is everyone getting a crack at the aptitude test?

Did everybody get the email today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I got the email at half five to do the online test by next thursday.

Looks like a pre screening thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

I got an email for online tests as well and a friend did also.

you're right looks like quesionairre.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Anybody do the test yet ? or know what kind of test they are ? e.g verbal reason or numerical reasoning ? I'm in work cant view it itching to know what kind of test they are

A.G.S wrote: »
    Anybody do the test yet ? or know what kind of test they are ? e.g verbal reason or numerical reasoning ? I'm in work cant view it itching to know what kind of test they are

Just finished them.. very straight forward to be honest. If you have any experience in any ES you should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Anyone any guidance or advice on the test please

Advertisement