Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferguson Ariva 250

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Daniel S wrote: »
    It can do all three on one channel list simultaneously?

Yes it can do that and you can even set up a favorite list which contains all 3 sources.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Colmos85

Tony wrote: »
    Its not a plug its an adapter, what did you find not good about it ?

Well if I knew that it would have saved me some bother. :)
    I haven't come across one of those before, if I tried to use it as a plug it wouldn't work with cut wires, for obvious reasons. Apologies Tony.

Colmos85 wrote: »
    Well if I knew that it would have saved me some bother. :)
    I haven't come across one of those before, if I tried to use it as a plug it wouldn't work with cut wires, for obvious reasons. Apologies Tony.

No problem

dodzy wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Channel list or Guide, when you want to leave on the channel your watching and see whats now/next on other channels it doesn't show up unless you select that channel.
    Another thing I noticed is it freezes sometimes, happened twice for me this week, once when recording to a WD HDD. had to unplug to stop recording.
    Second time was today, nothing was recording but a Iomega HDD was plugged in and it was stuck in one channel. I couldn't do anything power, change channel etc. I unplugged the HDD and it worked again straight away. :confused:

I upgraded the box to V1.19B1 the day it came in the post. maybe this update caused issues? Has anyone else experienced these kind of issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Channel list or Guide, when you want to leave on the channel your watching and see whats now/next on other channels it doesn't show up unless you select that channel.
    Another thing I noticed is it freezes sometimes, happened twice for me this week, once when recording to a WD HDD. had to unplug to stop recording.
    Second time was today, nothing was recording but a Iomega HDD was plugged in and it was stuck in one channel. I couldn't do anything power, change channel etc. I unplugged the HDD and it worked again straight away. :confused:

I upgraded the box to V1.19B1 the day it came in the post. maybe this update caused issues? Has anyone else experienced these kind of issues?
    Now I get you. Yep, its hit and miss for the "scroll through" now and next display. Its the same on earlier FW revs. Not a biggie for me though. No freezing issues here though. That said, recording is not a regular occurrence.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Now I get you. Yep, its hit and miss for the "scroll through" now and next display. Its the same on earlier FW revs. Not a biggie for me though. No freezing issues here though. That said, recording is not a regular occurrence.

Ill get used to it too, not paying sky will pay for my car insurance for the year so its well worth it. :D
    I dont watch much tv but what im really happy with is the media player on this box, bar one file it plays everything I throw at it.

BIG Thumbs UP.

Also like to mention I ordered the box at 2.30pm on a Thursday and I had the box the following Friday morning from Satellite.ie
    Very pleased!

Also like to mention I ordered the box at 2.30pm on a Thursday and I had the box the following Friday morning from Satellite.ie
    Very pleased!

Thanks for the kind words

There now follows a very important post by STB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

There now follows a very important post by STB :)

/gets popcorn....and waits :rolleyes:

EDIT: just seen it over on the 120 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Donegal Surfer

Can somebody with an Ariva 250 please confirm that they can pick up Sky sports 2 HD and Sky summer HD when they do a scan? They are both on the same transponder and my system will pick up everything but this transponder. I hope its not a tuner issue.:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm told it does work, try manually adding the transponder and scan on Eurobird one. Its not a tuner issue.

Can somebody with an Ariva 250 please confirm that they can pick up Sky sports 2 HD and Sky summer HD when they do a scan? They are both on the same transponder and my system will pick up everything but this transponder. I hope its not a tuner issue.:eek:

I'm told it does work, try manually adding the transponder and scan on Eurobird one. Its not a tuner issue.

I have tried adding the transponder 11719 H 29500 and also 11740 V 29500 then scanned on Astra 2A and not a sign of Sky Sports HD 2 or Summer HD. Am I doing something wrong? What frequency/transponder are you picking these channels up on?

So Tony, You think that Sky Sports HD 2 and Summer HD is picked up from Eurobird as oppossed to Astra 2A?

Thanks for the help on this......its boggling my mind for the past 3 days!!!!

So Tony, You think that Sky Sports HD 2 and Summer HD is picked up from Eurobird as oppossed to Astra 2A?

It makes no difference what satellite its picked up on, the receiver does not know the difference. Editing the transponder on the eurobird list does seem to work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Ariva 250 Channel List based upon firmware version 1.19B1 - upgrade to this firmware first before doing the following.

If you are already on version 1.19B1 then you just need to go to Tools, Upgrade by USB, then right click til you get userdb and then click down to start and flash this file to your box. When it gets to 100% it is done.

Channel Lists included
    (Astra 1, 2 and Hotbird)
    Favourite List 1 - Saorview & Satellite (Ordered)
    Favourite List 2 - BBC Red Button
    Favourite List 3 - Sky Channels (Alphabetical - Including Sky 2 HD/Sky Summer HD)

All Channels
    Hot Bird
    Astra 1
    Astra 2A (Alphabetical)
    Eurobird

You may need to rescan your Saorview channels for your area. This one includes Mt Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Does this box work with CCCam? Any guides anywhere to get this working?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gerkildare

Hi there folks; Ok I'm totally new to this 'stuff' so forgive my [soon to be apparent] stupidity in all matters stb-ish.
    I wanted to get an Ariva 250 from Tony @ Satellite.ie BUT 'she' arrived home with one from H.Norman and muggins here got the 'make it work' look!
    I'm going to need a second one, so depending on how I get on here I'll be insisting the next time :)

Firstly - It seems to be [after a fashion] working with saorview and some FTA channels coming in.
    I scanned using Astra1 only, but reading thru some threads here it kinda looks like I should've used 2A [that right?] If this is so... should I rescan and try delete the Astra1 stuff? Or do a total rescan? Or what?
    Would the fact that I 'used' Astra1 in any way explain that bbc4 isn't coming in as a TV station but IS coming in [somewhat intermittently, with pictures] as a Radio station [!!]

Please tell me this is normal for this box! - but we've noticed, say when a scrambled channel is selected [or when there's a real quite passage during a programme] the box is making a gentle sizzling/hissing sound [I kid you not - three of us noticed it at the same time!] There's nothing on top of the box, and it has good air flow all around - this sound familiar??

As someone else has said here, the stb arrived with a 2-pin plug; possibly a dumb question but is it ok/safe to remove this and fit a 'standard' three-pin fitted with a 1 or 3 amp fuse?

Lastly [for now, probably!]
    I'm intrigued by STB's post below - is it possible that some kind soul could explain in 'idiot' english how I can get this to work for me? I understand [basically] what channel lists and firmware [where do I find my version code?] are, but actually getting from where I am now to STB's lists/channels is beyond me!

Thanks v.much for bearing with me folks - I'm at your mercy so feel free to offer any advice that'll actually help me!!

:o
    STB wrote: »
    Ariva 250 Channel List based upon firmware version 1.19B1 - upgrade to this firmware first before doing the following.

If you are already on version 1.19B1 then you just need to go to Tools, Upgrade by USB, then right click til you get userdb and then click down to start and flash this file to your box. When it gets to 100% it is done.

Channel Lists included
    (Astra 1, 2 and Hotbird)
    Favourite List 1 - Saorview & Satellite (Ordered)
    Favourite List 2 - BBC Red Button
    Favourite List 3 - Sky Channels (Alphabetical - Including Sky 2 HD/Sky Summer HD)

All Channels
    Hot Bird
    Astra 1
    Astra 2A (Alphabetical)
    Eurobird

You may need to rescan your Saorview channels for your area. This one includes Mt Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

gerkildare wrote: »
    As someone else has said here, the stb arrived with a 2-pin plug; possibly a dumb question but is it ok/safe to remove this and fit a 'standard' three-pin

There should be a 3-pin plug on the unit, or else it should come with an approved adaptor. The sale of most electrical goods that require a plug is prohibited unless the plug/adaptor complies with the Irish regs.

I'd ask Harvey Norman for an adapter ( its illegal to selll a box without one now ) as if you take the two pin plug off you will void the warranty.

Handiest way to get all your channels is to do a factory reset and use a channel list loaded via a USB key . ( we sell them pre programmed for satellite as most independents do)

Its very important though to take a note of the firmware version you have as this must be matched to the channel list you are using . You can find this in information in the menu . If you let us know what version you have we can point you in the right direction .

Hope this helps

As someone else has said here, the stb arrived with a 2-pin plug; possibly a dumb question but is it ok/safe to remove this and fit a 'standard' three-pin fitted with a 1 or 3 amp fuse?

Thanks v.much for the reply JonathonS and Tony - ok I'll try HN's for the adaptor 1st and come back on here later with the firmware id. ;-) G

• Advertisement

Thanks v.much for the reply JonathonS and Tony - ok I'll try HN's for the adaptor 1st and come back on here later with the firmware id. ;-) G

Ok lads - got the adaptor fitted.
    Info sez... "Maincode = v1.18B6" - hope this is some use?

Thanks - G

Ok lads - got the adaptor fitted.
    Info sez... "Maincode = v1.18B6" - hope this is some use?

Thanks - G

Ok heres your channel list http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3djceaonu7wde1n

Do this at your own risk :

1.Download .abs file onto USB stick

2.Plug USB portable memory into USB port of receiver.
    (3) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (4) Select upgrade mode : usedb
    (5) Select desired software file
    (6) Press start to upgrade receiver

(7) Please wait... After upgrade done successfully receiver will reboot automatically .

Thanks v.much for your help Tony.
    At the risk of incurring your ire [and bearing in mind the "Do this at your own risk" line below]...

1. Should I still do the factory reset first [as you mentioned earlier]
    2. What will this upgrade actually do? [I wasn't kidding when I said I was stupid about this stuff!]
    3. What could go wrong - am I likely to be left with a useless box?

Thanks again - G
    Ok heres your channel list http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3djceaonu7wde1n

Do this at your own risk :

1.Download .abs file onto USB stick

2.Plug USB portable memory into USB port of receiver.
    (3) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
    (4) Select upgrade mode : usedb
    (5) Select desired software file
    (6) Press start to upgrade receiver

(7) Please wait... After upgrade done successfully receiver will reboot automatically .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ChorleyMatt

Thanks v.much for your help Tony.
    At the risk of incurring your ire [and bearing in mind the "Do this at your own risk" line below]...

1. Should I still do the factory reset first [as you mentioned earlier]
    2. What will this upgrade actually do? [I wasn't kidding when I said I was stupid about this stuff!]
    3. What could go wrong - am I likely to be left with a useless box?

Thanks again - G

1 - No. The file Tony has linked to is for your software version.
    2 - A current channel list.
    3 - Highly unlikely to kill it - it's an updated channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

Should there be a card module with the 250? The instructions says there is one included.I dont need it, just curious to know if there should be one with the box.

There's a card reader and a CI/CAM slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

http://www.4shared.com/folder/qegsXkzP/_online.html

should the holder the card goes into (see picture) be included ?

king2 wrote: »
    http://www.4shared.com/folder/qegsXkzP/_online.html

should the holder the card goes into (see picture) be included ?

No.

The top slot is a card reader (card straight in here - decodes several encryption systems)

The lower slot is a CI slot - you need a CAM (Conditional Access Module) in here then the relevant card fits inside this.

Example, my current system:

Top (Card Reader): Cyfra+ card

Bottom (CI slot): nPremium CAM & card

Hope that makes sense??

At the risk of incurring your ire

No ire incurred :) I think Matt has you covered

• Advertisement

No ire incurred :) I think Matt has you covered

Thanks for the help Matt and Tony - I'm going at this now! ;)
    [btw - I'm assuming I'll have to re-scan for Saorview, yes?]

Advertisement