Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to sell gear?

• 07-10-2019 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Has anyone any recommendations as to where to sell gear? Am I best sticking with usuals of a done deal or adverts or is there somewhere I'm not considering?
    It's film, medium format kit, I don't want to try exchange or upgrade against other gear. Are there any specific places or sites for sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

StopWatch wrote: »
    Has anyone any recommendations as to where to sell gear? Am I best sticking with usuals of a done deal or adverts or is there somewhere I'm not considering?
    It's film, medium format kit, I don't want to try exchange or upgrade against other gear. Are there any specific places or sites for sales?

Ebay ? If I was selling I'd probably list on adverts and ebay. Just out of ... curiosity, what kind of MF gear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

Ebay ? If I was selling I'd probably list on adverts and ebay. Just out of ... curiosity, what kind of MF gear ?

Ha! Don't get sucked in!
    It's a Bronica Gs-1 with full everything really, all in a flight case. It's a very sweet piece of gear, bit I just don't use it, and that's not cool. Good gear should get used.
    I hadn't thought about eBay, I've never sold through it. Must check out what fees are etc.
    Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Ha! Don't get sucked in!
    It's a Bronica Gs-1 with full everything really, all in a flight case. It's a very sweet piece of gear, bit I just don't use it, and that's not cool. Good gear should get used.
    I hadn't thought about eBay, I've never sold through it. Must check out what fees are etc.
    Thanks for the tip.

:-) I have an SQ-AI for 6x6 and a Mamiya Press & Fuji G690 for 6x9. 6x7 on the other hand ...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

:-) I have an SQ-AI for 6x6 and a Mamiya Press & Fuji G690 for 6x9. 6x7 on the other hand ...

Yeah, it has the 645, 6x6 and 6x7 backs, so it's really versatile, I really love it as a camera, but it makes me sad how little I use it.
    I could probably sell parts separately, maybe that'd make things smoother, but I've never sold gear before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

There are multiple Facebook groups for this sort of thing, also, camera club members might be interested.

I recently sold my hassie H1 and 80mm lens to a guy in USA.

Adverts/done deal will attract a local audience and you will more than likely meet the person for the sale to be completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I recently sold my hassie H1 and 80mm lens to a guy in USA.

Where did you sell the Hasselblad? I've got a H5 up on ebay but not that much interest.

Advertisement