Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Over Zealous Mods, Whats illegal here ?

Options
  • 25-11-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

A workmate of mine was kicked off boards last week for daring to suggest to a fellow poster that if he got a vpn (virtual private network) and signed into Sky Sports with an Indian IP he could order the whole Sky Sports package for £12.50pm rather than £60pm month here in Ireland.
    The Mod said thats illegal and door'ed him. VPN's are legal.? My Netflix only costs me £2.99 a month because I suddenly lived in Pakistan. Whats the suss here ?
    Comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You know your workmate's boards username? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

You know your workmate's boards username? Wow.
    I work with him He showed me the exchange and Yes I know his username. And your point is ?.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

OSI wrote: »
    Fraudulently entering a contract is illegal? Who knew!?!?
    Well the mod reckoned it deserved a site ban.Was it you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

VPN are only legal when they are used legally, circumventing a broadcast is illegal. I'm surprised sky did not detect the vpn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its against the charter of this forum to open threads just to question mod actions - and while it doesn’t matter for this purpose, the queried action isn’t one which was taken by a mod of this forum.

Thread closed and the OP is now subject to a warning and will be banned if they try to restart the discussion

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement