Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

kooga wrote: »
    Virgin media sport in hd ( no hd pack) now on evision
    I stand corrected- 419 is VM sport in SD even though the dog says HD

433 is VM sport in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are Premier Sports 1/2 not available now for Irish viewers?

Yes as part of the Sky Sports Extra package with BT Sport

The virgin media sport channels x3 in SD on evision are terrible quality compared to RTÉ 2 HD even though all three say HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Eir Sport 1 HD is 410 on Virgin Media Horizon boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

I wrongly assumed VM Sport were showing the Europa League qualifiers tonight. I guess they don't have the rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Acosta wrote: »
    I wrongly assumed VM Sport were showing the Europa League qualifiers tonight. I guess they don't have the rights

Premier Sports are showing the Celtic and Wolves games this evening

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Comes up every year (and in fact on this very thread this day last week).

For the UEFA Champions League, the TV rights sale covers the playoff round.

For the UEFA Europa League, the tv rights sale does *not* cover the playoff round. The rights are assigned to the home club who can sell them (or not, as the case may be). Same as the three qualifying rounds before it.

Not sure why this is the case, though the Europa League has an extra knockout round later on which might have something to do with the original rationale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Eir Sport 1 HD is 410 on Virgin Media Horizon boxes.

SD Boxes - 410 eir Sport 1
    HD Boxes - 410 eir Sport 1 / 440 eir Sport 1 HD
    Horizon - 410 eir Sport 1 HD

VM have labelled the channels eir sport 1 and eir sport 1 HD - looks a bit strange without a capitol S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mollser

Are they adding eir sport 2 at all?

No apparently not. It is going to be an eir Broadband/Vision exclusive channel once it leaves Sky on September 12th,

(Either that, or they are closing it down).

More and more it seems to me like eir have negotiated a really good deal for them - full access to all of Virgin Media Sports content for all of their customers, in return VM get one of their two channels but no eir Sport 2, no eir Sport Xtra, and only for TV customers to boot.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    No apparently not. It is going to be an eir Broadband/Vision exclusive channel once it leaves Sky on September 12th,

(Either that, or they are closing it down).

More and more it seems to me like eir have negotiated a really good deal for them - full access to all of Virgin Media Sports content for all of their customers, in return VM get one of their two channels but no eir Sport 2, no eir Sport Xtra, and only for TV customers to boot.

Good info! I'd hazard a guess and say they'll shut it down, they barely have enough content to run 1 channels. They could use the eir extra channels for clashes. vm should have agreed these, poor effort!

No, VM are apparently not getting those either. That’s why it seems to me like this deal is so much a better deal for eir customers than it is for VM ones.

An eir Broadband only subscriber gets access to eir Sport 1, eir Sport 2, eir Sport Xtra 1&2, VM Sport and VM Sport Extra 1&2.

A VM Broadband only customer gets....a really good broadband service.
    But no eir Sport or VM Sport for that matter. Nope. VM’s response is “take TV if you want TV”, which is fair enough I guess but it really is telling their broadband customers to move to eir if they want the eir Sport pack and don’t want VM TV (for example if they want to take BT Sport, which VM are the only major provider not to offer).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

If eir sport 2 is gone off of satellite how will eir show gaa league games that throw in at the same time. Don't some of the pro14 games also kick off at the same time?

It would seem strange that VM Sport would be on satellite and not carry some of the eir content. Could it be shared? I presume eir sport are still in some sort of contract to carry the 2 channels on the sky system.

To get vms in hd on evision you need to add the hd pack for €4.99 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Rang Eir to cancel or see would they give me a deal to stay. You would have a better conversation talking to a computer. He said no deals and why would I want to leave I said price and the football/Hurling leagues the only think that would keep me. He told me they don’t show Gaaaaa .At that stage I said good luck to Eir the worst telecoms providers known to man

According to the eir website, Virgin Media Sport is replacing eir Sport 2 on Sky this Thursday (12th), although looking at the Guide on my Sky box, the listings swap at 7am on Friday morning for Scotland v Belgium

Notice eir have sky sports f1 now, had this been added to vm?

mollser wrote: »
    Notice eir have sky sports f1 now, had this been added to vm?

No. The channel is available on Virgin Media in the UK, not here though

As an Eir customer with e vision I'm delighted with Virgin Media Sport now being on Eir - really enjoyed the euro qualification coverage over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

kooga wrote: »
    As an Eir customer with e vision I'm delighted with Virgin Media Sport now being on Eir - really enjoyed the euro qualification coverage over the weekend.

Yeah was good alright have Sky Sports with Eir too but as far as could see Holland Germany wasn't on there Friday night and that was a cracker!

• Advertisement

According to the eir website, Virgin Media Sport is replacing eir Sport 2 on Sky this Thursday (12th), although looking at the Guide on my Sky box, the listings swap at 7am on Friday morning for Scotland v Belgium

Listings on Sky box has now been updated. 7am Thursday is when eir Sport 2 changes to Virgin Media Sport on 422

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Listings on Sky box has now been updated. 7am Thursday is when eir Sport 2 changes to Virgin Media Sport on 422

Although the Channel name has been changed this morning to Virgin Media sport HD, the Eirsport 2 logo is still showing & a recording of last season's Ulster v Leinster game is showing.

I wish it would stay like this as I have BT Sport, Virgin Media sport is absolutely no use to me.

Virgin media sport still not available on Sky channel 422 this morning.

Odd that they have changed the channel name and listings without changing the actual pictures yet. Presumably someone in Setanta needs to do something to change the feed from eir Sport 2 to VM Sport which they haven’t done yet.

icdg wrote: »
    Odd that they have changed the channel name and listings without changing the actual pictures yet. Presumably someone in Setanta needs to do something to change the feed from eir Sport 2 to VM Sport which they haven’t done yet.

Republic of Ireland v Switzerland is showing now.

They are obviously following this thread!

VMS available in other channels on NI box with PS sub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Tried it at lunch and its working on Sky Sports, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Is the Sports channel set-up currently on Eir TV the final arrangement? I was hoping ESPN would revert back to being part of the package after being removed in August, but so far this has not happened?

• Advertisement

Is the Sports channel set-up currently on Eir TV the final arrangement? I was hoping ESPN would revert back to being part of the package after being removed in August, but so far this has not happened?
    Isn’t espn part of the bt sports pack so it’s extra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement