Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo 3DS - €205 HMV Grafton St

• 20-04-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this at lunch time. HMV on Grafton St have the new Nintendo 3DS reduced from €249 to €205. They had a sign up saying only limited stock available.

Cheapest online I've seen is £196.99 on Amazon so this is a great price.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just spotted this at lunch time. HMV on Grafton St have the new Nintendo 3DS reduced from €249 to €205. They had a sign up saying only limited stock available.

Cheapest online I've seen is £196.99 on Amazon so this is a great price.

Can you confirm that the poster doesn't say something along the lines of "3DS is 205 euro when you buy a select (garbabe full price) title" They were doing this in Limerick 2 weeks ago. It's basically a 3DS and a poor title for 249.

Good deal if its actually 205 for just the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Can you confirm that the poster doesn't say something along the lines of "3DS is 205 euro when you buy a select (garbabe full price) title" They were doing this in Limerick 2 weeks ago. It's basically a 3DS and a poor title for 249.

There was no mention of having to buy a game on the poster. I didn't go into the shop to check though as I already bought one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

FutureGuy wrote: »

Pretty sure it's with a game. Saw it there the other day and I noticed the low price when purchased WITH a game.

Pretty sure it's with a game. Saw it there the other day and I noticed the low price when purchased WITH a game.

I'll be going by again after work so will confirm then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Could be correct. Just saw on hotukdeals that HMV online are selling the 3DS for £180 or £175 with voucher

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-3ds-console-aqua-blue-black-175-del-hmv/923714#comments

• Advertisement

Could be correct. Just saw on hotukdeals that HMV online are selling the 3DS for £180 or £175 with voucher

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-3ds-console-aqua-blue-black-175-del-hmv/923714#comments
    They deliver electronics to Ireland? Pretty sure they dont. Only games,dvds, cds etc, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

They deliver electronics to Ireland? Pretty sure they dont. Only games,dvds, cds etc, as far as I'm aware.

I think he means that if the website is selling the console alone cheap, then it's likely the stores could be too.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I think he means that if the website is selling the console alone cheap, then it's likely the stores could be too.
    Oh. Didn't put two and two together there. Seeing as HMV have different offers across their stores merely a few 100m from each other, that could be a bit of red herring.

Definitely the price for the machine on it's own. Not tied to any deal with buying a game as well.

Wow that is a good price for it. Any idea how much they are giving for trade-ins for DS/DSlite/DSi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I saw this deal in HMV in Galway, you need to buy a game with it from a selected list of 4 (Raving Rabbids, Asphalt 3D, Rayman 3D or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars), effectively bringing the price to €249.99. Still a very good deal, especially if you go for Ghost Recon which got the best reviews.

I saw this deal in HMV in Galway, you need to buy a game with it from a selected list of 4 (Raving Rabbids, Asphalt 3D, Rayman 3D or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars), effectively bringing the price to €249.99. Still a very good deal, especially if you go for Ghost Recon which got the best reviews.
    Like I pointed out above, maybe the different stores have different offers. Wouldn't be the first time, and I'm sure it wont be the last time for it to happen in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Definitely the price for the machine on it's own. Not tied to any deal with buying a game as well.

Deal in Henry Street Dublin is €205 for the console only,also the old deal is no longer valid as most if not all 3DS games are now €39.99 new in HMV not €44.99 meaning the total cost would be €205 + €39.99 = €244.99 not €249.99 as many have posted,grab a bargain while this is on as it is finished on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wow, you'd be gutted if you paid €270 for it a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Wow that is a good price for it. Any idea how much they are giving for trade-ins for DS/DSlite/DSi.

I know for the DS Lite, it's 44 for mint, 39.50 otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I saw it today in Galway, the same offer as OP has suggested. There was no mention of having to buy a game with it. The offer ends on Saturday.

syncosised wrote: »
    I saw it today in Galway, the same offer as OP has suggested. There was no mention of having to buy a game with it. The offer ends on Saturday.

Really? Wow, that's pretty cool, seems like a great time to buy the console so. The only game I want it for at the moment is Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, gotta wait 2 months before it comes out but might as well pick up the console now, that price is almost dirt-cheap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Same in Patricks Street Cork. Massive signs in window saying €205

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Just purchased one from HMV Henry St. €205 all in.

Thanks OP

Yeah, I stand corrected, it's definitely €205 for the console on it's own in HMV Galway, last weekend you had to buy a selected game too, just checked in-store and that's done away with, just 205 quid and you have yourself a 3ds. Offer ends Saturday, so make sure to buy it before Easter! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

what are the best games available for it? Since I presume no games come with it, are there any good bundles available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I think I too was mistaken. Looks like I was referring to the offer on last week where you needed to buy a game with it. Great price for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I picked one up myself only to find the misses got me one too lol. I've a spare one on adverts if someone wants to save a fiver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

tw0nk wrote: »
    what are the best games available for it? Since I presume no games come with it, are there any good bundles available?

street fighter 4, pilotwings, ghost recon shadow wars, nintendogs+cats, ridge racer.
    Depends what you like. Those are the best I've seen.

Advertisement