Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My new hair. Loooove it! My hairdresser is a wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In the ten weeks since we had to put down his sister, boy dog has acquired two girlfriends in daycare, its serious with the goldie, they share a basket. TH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Luna Cold Boat

Being able to sit in the garden, with a mug of coffee and the newspaper, on the last weekend in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Potatoes. They are just so damn good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Saturday on a bank holiday weekend - YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Being able to sit in the garden, with a mug of coffee and the newspaper, on the last weekend in October.

It's so beautiful.
    I have a line of clothes dried in that gorgeous sunshine, and more drying now. I love the smell of clothes dried in fresh air.

Also the colours of the trees at this time of year. I love just walking along admiring them.

The smells from the first phase of the Christmas Pudding preparations. Steaming on Monday will be bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SirChenjin wrote: »
    It's so beautiful.
    I have a line of clothes dried in that gorgeous sunshine, and more drying now. I love the smell of clothes dried in fresh air.

Also the colours of the trees at this time of year. I love just walking along admiring them.

Ah trees! "Oh yes I remember them well" and it makes me happy doing so!

When I came to Ireland from a decade on a remote North Sea island, where all the trees had long since given up, when autumn came, I drove and drove among trees and gloried in them... Now I am back in windswept places where there are no trees.. ah well! Memories are happy things..

Snoring cat makes me happy. peaceful sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fantacoffee

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Joker at the cinema this evening.

How was that? I've seen plenty of reviews. The whole concept of Joker seems awesome, Bat Man would be half film series it is without a character like Joker snooping about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

The anticipation of a takeaway when you're slightly hungover from the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The smell wafting from the oven. A big tray of various pieces of carrot, parsnip, potato, courgette, garlic cloves, rosemary and butter. It's been stirred around a few times to increase the deliciousness. There may be confit duck legs in there aswell. *Homer drool face* :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing four cats today out and about and although not one of them would come over to me say hello when I called them over, it was an absolute joy to see them, two of them were tuxedo cats, one of which is new to the neighbourhood :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The smell wafting from the oven. A big tray of various pieces of carrot, parsnip, potato, courgette, garlic cloves, rosemary and butter. It's been stirred around a few times to increase the deliciousness. There may be confit duck legs in there aswell. *Homer drool face* :D

Send Eircode :)

To thine own self be true

Send Eircode

Pm sent :pac:

Pm sent :pac:

Yea, no thanks. That's the red light district, I ain't going there :D

• Seeing four cats today out and about and although not one of them would come over to me say hello when I called them over, it was an absolute joy to see them, two of them were tuxedo cats, one of which is new to the neighbourhood :3.

I find it really funny that you know all the neighborhood cats and who's new! I'm imagining this scenario...

Stranger: Hello, can you tell me which house Mr. Daly lives in.
    Seph: who?
    Stranger: Eric Daly, 6'9, 80 years old, walks with a limp.
    Seph: who??
    Stranger: Eric Roger Daly, ex army, has lived on this street for 40 years...
    Seph: hmmmm...
    Stranger : .. has a very overweight ginger cat
    Seph: Oooh the ginger chonk lives in number 37!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I find it really funny that you know all the neighborhood cats and who's new! I'm imagining this scenario...

Stranger: Hello, can you tell me which house Mr. Daly lives in.
    Seph: who?
    Stranger: Eric Daly, 6'9, 80 years old, walks with a limp.
    Seph: who??
    Stranger: Eric Roger Daly, ex army, has lived on this street for 40 years...
    Seph: hmmmm...
    Stranger : .. has a very overweight ginger cat
    Seph: Oooh the ginger chonk lives in number 37!!

Ahhhh here! I think you're being unfair there now! its not like I have a notepad and have written down the house number where each cat lives! 😔

😛😝

Ahhhh here! I think you're being unfair there now! its not like I have a notepad and have written down the house number where each cat lives! 😔

😛ðŸ˜

All joking aside, I hope the estate cats are neutered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

fireside here, listening to the michael commins show, about to make coffee and stay up late as no work for next 2 days (happyface)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

An extra hour in bed tonight on accounts of the clocks going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It got suddenly cold here tonight, I grabbed a fleece jacket on the way out, the one I spend ages sourcing a zip for and paid a lot of money to have put in.

Got me thinking about how as a kid, I could never be sure that what ever I needed would be fit for purpose like that. There would always be something rendering the items unusable.

Makes me happy that I have the money to pay to have things fixed/replaced within a short time, unlike my parents and their parents.

I suppose its a th that as bad and all as things are, at least they are better than they were.

Bredabe wrote: »
    It got suddenly cold here tonight, I grabbed a fleece jacket on the way out, the one I spend ages sourcing a zip for and paid a lot of money to have put in.

Got me thinking about how as a kid, I could never be sure that what ever I needed would be fit for purpose like that. There would always be something rendering the items unusable.

Makes me happy that I have the money to pay to have things fixed/replaced within a short time, unlike my parents and their parents.

I suppose its a th that as bad and all as things are, at least they are better than they were.

Sadly it goes backwards in old age.. Trying just now to source winter warm clothes as mine are all worn out, and bemoaning that I cannot get to a charity shop. Would love to raid one!. The cost of anything new is horrific.

And I do not think generally things are bad? Sad if that is so

But happy to have my hot water bottle today and that there is a tasty ready meal ready to be microwaved and enjoyed and very happy at the ocean view as "the sands are up" a rare enough occasion.

Bredabe wrote: »

Always a TH for me that we can just buy, or repair, something without too much soul searching. Too long, in the good old bad old days, we had to make do and a decent coat or pair of shoes would cost our parents the guts of a week's wages.

I know somebody somewhere is getting a pittance for producing them but there is a huge variety of cheap clothing out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Th having a glass of good cider in my sunny garden, it's like Spring & the birds are trilling. Summer dress and all! Albeit with a cardi.

To make Seph happy. ...Meet Jacob!

I had a basket of ironing to do and lightened the mood by blasting out Oasis on YouTube.
    Remembered all the words too and sang along to my hearts content.
    Nice half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

a few weeks ago I set a goal to wash my hair my myself (I find it difficult to do myself as I have Asperger's), I got a shower sheld ( a hair aid) to try to wash my hair myself without getting water in my eyes, I tried it for a few weeks but sadly it was a bit of a disaster :(

I then almost gave up with the idea, but then I thought 'what's small, and would keep the water out of my eyes'. I had a lightbulb moment when I thought of googles as an idea. I tried it recently and it worked a treat :D I cracked it!

I've a bit to go with my goal but keeping the water out of my eyes is a start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Im just showing off now ain’t I!

3t5mmD4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

3t5mmD4.jpg

WOW!!! Would be embarrassed to show my attempt!

• Advertisement

retro loves carving pumpkins. Eeeeverybody loves carving pumpkins... :pac:

Advertisement