Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My lovely walk this evening was ruined by the sight of two known junkies spaced out in the town park.

That's a great sight with children out playing and people walking their dogs now that the evenings are longer.

• Ignorant shíthead dog owners who don't clean up after their dog. A special mention to the inconsiderate sociopathic díckhead who left one at the bottom of a slide in a local playground in the past few hours. Do any of these people ever get prosecuted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ignorant shíthead dog owners who don't clean up after their dog. A special mention to the inconsiderate sociopathic díckhead who left one at the bottom of a slide in a local playground in the past few hours. Do any of these people ever get prosecuted?

That may not have been a dog. Just saying... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've had this song stuck in my head all day.

Makes me think of Auto's camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I've had this song stuck in my head all day.

A little bit of trivia on that one Ted... Tiffany were only but 17 when she had that hit and she's still releasing music to this day! She brought out a Nashville album in 2018.

Courtesy of last Friday night's retro Top of the Poops. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So, still haven't heard anything on this. Assuming it's a no at this stage but I emailed them this morning asking was there any update, thinking at least confirmation would give me some closure. They replied "Hi Dial Hard, we will be in contact with you in relation to this position shortly".

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??? I'm still operating on the basis that it's bad news, but seriously, put a girl out of her misery.

They said they'll let you know, there's no need for you to remind them every six months, FFS!! :rolleyes:

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Same with mangoes and avocados. They're always too hard up until a 15 minute window where they're perfect, and then.........inedible due to how slimy. :mad:

Actually, TA trying to figure out why mangoes has an E in it but avocados doesn't.

The last vowel in mango is preceded by two consonants, whereas the last vowel in avocado is preceded by a consonant and a vowel before that. I thinks that's probably why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Places that don't accept cards. I dont carry cash as a rule

A little bit of trivia on that one Ted... Tiffany were only but 17 when she had that hit and she's still releasing music to this day! She brought out a Nashville album in 2018.

Courtesy of last Friday night's retro Top of the Poops. ;)

I often stick that on as well.

TA that the quality of music has gone to sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Condenser dryers. Always wanted a dryer at home, now that I have one in the apartment it’s such a disappointment. Put the sheets in to dry twice, they just came out warm, and still wet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Condenser dryers. Always wanted a dryer at home, now that I have one in the apartment it’s such a disappointment. Put the sheets in to dry twice, they just came out warm, and still wet :rolleyes:

Condenser dryers are horrific. Washer dryers are also terrible at drying!

New Home wrote: »
    Same with mangoes and avocados. They're always too hard up until a 15 minute window where they're perfect, and then.........inedible due to how slimy. :mad:

Actually, TA trying to figure out why mangoes has an E in it but avocados doesn't.

The last vowel in mango is preceded by two consonants, whereas the last vowel in avocado is preceded by a consonant and a vowel before that. I thinks that's probably why.

But..... tomatoes.
    Potatoes.

I, too, wouldn't mind knowing the answer.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Places that don't accept cards. I dont carry cash as a rule

I don't carry cash either, which makes tipping difficult.

Then it's because it ends with "go", and go becomes "goes" when you add an S?

New Home wrote: »
    Then it's because it ends with "go", and go becomes "goes" when you add an S?

Heroes. Echoes. Potatoes. Tomatoes.

It doesn't need a G to become 'es' at the end. Stop just guessing, NH :D:D

I'm not guessing, I'm clutching at straws, DareGod. Duh.

Do you clean the filters after each load and is the tank empty? Make sure the vent isn't blocked too. :)

TA at being kept on hold for 45 minutes on a premium rate number just to put in a service call for a glitchy appliance still under warranty :(

According to Dr Google.
    If a words ends in consonant + O then we sometimes add -s or -es. No rules for this - you just have to learn them or use a dictionary. but hero/heroes, potato/potatoes, volcano/volcanoes, tomato/tomatoes.

DareGod wrote: »

It’s a washer dryer actually, not sure if it’s a condenser one but anyway, my point still stands :rolleyes:
    Candie wrote: »
    Do you clean the filters after each load and is the tank empty? Make sure the vent isn't blocked too. :)

Oh I haven’t done that, I’ll have a look and see if that helps :)

If it's a washer dryer combo it probably doesn't have a tank but it sounds like the air isn't circulating so I'd make sure the filters are clean. You have to be very careful to do that, not cleaning the filters is a fire hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s a washer dryer actually, not sure if it’s a condenser one but anyway, my point still stands :rolleyes:

Oh I haven’t done that, I’ll have a look and see if that helps :)

Always clean the filter Kitty. It’s a huge fire risk !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When I don’t know what words mean , like Pursuitely !

Candie wrote: »
    If it's a washer dryer combo it probably doesn't have a tank but it sounds like the air isn't circulating so I'd make sure the filters are clean. You have to be very careful to do that, not cleaning the filters is a fire hazard.
    cjmc wrote: »
    Always clean the filter Kitty. It’s a huge fire risk !

Thanks guys, I’ll take a look tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know somebody with a condenser dryer and it may be a tad slower it shouldn't take that long I'd say!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

DareGod wrote: »

Just get a normal dryer and use a basin if you can't plumb it. There doesn't be that much water from a full load.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Aunt Flo visits the day before a job interview...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

This morning I woke up with a sore throat and have felt like crap all day long. And I had a work related course which I couldn't miss and which lasted from 8 to 4, stuck in a hot conference room, no air con. and they wouldn't open a window cause some of them felt cold! Oh, the misery.

I am now on my 3rd hot toddy and I feel no shame. :pac:

• Also, be careful with those dryers. I threw everything into one 2 weeks ago and pressed the button, walking away smugly having done my day's housework. That evening when herself came back she walked into me with mini versions of some formerly really nice jumpers. I sort of imagined myself in them when I was 4, and she looked at me as if I were 4.

I, of course, asked her what she did to my formerly nice clothes and she showed me labels on the clothes that weren't just saying "Made in Indonesia", as I always surmised they did, but they had labels on how to dry each piece of clothing. That was a good idea, in fairness. You also have to move the button on the dryer because that can also make your clothes really small. Every day's a school day, as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who don't butter the outside of their toasties. It's an affront to the artform.

My mother was the one who taught me that trick twenty years ago but she made a toastie recently and was complaining about how long it was taking and that the insides would be molten. She hadn’t buttered the outsides and forgot that she once knew that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement