Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Socially Distant MS Paint

• 04-04-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

So maybe you have some time to spare and want to test out your artistic skills. Or maybe you feel like you haven't really given a good description lately. If so you are in the right place.

Keeping this one simple. No fancy extras. You'll get a picture to describe or a description to paint. Choose your own painting tool, MS Paint, crayons, whatever you fancy. Let me know if you have a preference to paint or describe or if you're happy to do either. We'll get it going when we have a decent chain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Describer pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

painter plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Down as a describrer in the game Deja is running, so I'll paint in this one, if that's okay?

Down as a describrer in the game Deja is running, so I'll paint in this one, if that's okay?

Same for me, if that's ok? (But you can put me back to describer if you end up with too many painters!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'll describe in this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I can't even find the time to do mine atm, sorry about going too fancy guys.

Sub me for much later in the game, if you need. ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

MSPaint is always great fun, the more chains the merrier! :D Thanks for doing this Ecto!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can do either. Or Both!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

describer for this please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'll throw my mspaint brush in the ring - but be warned I have been spending isolation drawing nearly every evening so I'm in top form :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I'll try the describing, please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If you need another describer , I'm in .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

fukkit, i can draw as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Thanks for sign ups so far...hoping to get a few more links before we get going. Tell your friends :)

Just Pimped it in AH there :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Just Pimped it in AH there :p
    Link?

I'm not able to link on the phone , sorry , but it's in the - I Don't Know Where We're Going , But I know Where I Am thread .

I'll play please Ecto. I don't mind describing or drawing, whichever you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I'll play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I’ll try describe if you’re still taking signups... :)

• Advertisement

Going to leave it open another couple of days, all sign ups welcome :)

So we have Clara on board too (woohoo). Going to sort out the order and kick this off over the weekend :D

Still taking sign ups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,627 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Throw my name into the describer list if you need any more :)

Don't think I'll have time to paint at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Either please!

Ok so we have 8 links now! I randed out the pairings so if anyone has any problems with the order, let me know and we can move people around:

Decriber Bolgbui41
    Painter Pretzill
    Decriber twirlagig
    Painter Grumpylumpy
    Decriber Mamof4
    Painter Baggly
    Decriber Kolido
    Painter Homer
    Decriber Clara
    Painter Aaron
    Decriber yossarian
    Painter sKeith
    Decriber ElectricNitwit
    Painter Fixxxer
    Decriber Trigger
    Painter BuileBeag

A quick reminder of the rules: I will send the starting image to the first describer. The first describer than PM's their description to me and the person who is to be our first painter. The first painter than PM's their paint to me and the next describer and so on down the chain.

For hosting your images https://imgbb.com/ is good, but you can use whatever you want as long as there are no issues with viewing/sharing images. Painters include a link to the image in their PM to me and the next describer.

Painters - You can use any form of paint program that you want or you can hand draw.

Describers - You will have 10 words or less to describe the image that has been sent to you

Everyone will have a 24-48 hour window to complete either task; with 8 links that means the reveal will be in about 2 weeks.

Ooh, I've never done this before - could I maybe go a little further down the chain? Or does it make much of a difference?

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Ooh, I've never done this before - could I maybe go a little further down the chain? Or does it make much of a difference?

It won't make much of a difference as either way you will get a picture that you can only use 10 words to describe and you won't know anyone else's description until the reveal...that said, if you want to swap with a later describer that is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,627 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Here's one of the earlier games as a pointer...
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058033151

It started with this...
    MuDugdP.jpg

The first describer then said...
    deconduo wrote: »
    So aspiewriter had a good shot with this and came up with the following description:

"two cats, dancing, pub, guy in white t-shirt, lady, pink"

Which led to...
    nCnHuoi.png

:D

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    It won't make much of a difference as either way you will get a picture that you can only use 10 words to describe and you won't know anyone else's description until the reveal...that said, if you want to swap with a later describer that is cool.

Nah, keep it as it so - when it goes wrong I can blame both my new-ness and Pretzill for misinterpreting what I'm sure will be a beautifully precise description :)

• Advertisement

Nah, keep it as it so - when it goes wrong I can blame both my new-ness and Pretzill for misinterpreting what I'm sure will be a beautifully precise description :)

Sure, its always pretzill's fault

Advertisement