Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bbari wrote: »
    I have never seen this fee charged to me, perhaps its blended into the transaction amount.

Some banks (KBC) break this out on to a separate transaction line item, some (AIB) bake it into the transaction, which is worse because it's not clear exactly what you're being charged for the FX exchange. More info is always better than less info or at least having to go digging for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Cancelled fine, VPN sign up fine but then I can't pay - KBC card not working, Ulster Bank card not working, N26 not working.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Cancelled fine, VPN sign up fine but then I can't pay - KBC card not working, Ulster Bank card not work, N26 not working.

Was a payment card not set up before you cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Cancelled fine, VPN sign up fine but then I can't pay - KBC card not working, Ulster Bank card not working, N26 not working.

Any ideas?

Revolut didn't work for me but aib did.

Was a payment card not set up before you cancelled?

Empty card.

PTSB doesn't work either, this is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Signed up for NF on 6th March
    Cancelled the sub right away.
    Sub expired on 7th Apr
    Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
    Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
    VPN is now off and everything is good.

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

Just on the VPN, that's a paid VPN? I have ipvanish but it doesn't have a Turkish server.

christy c wrote: »
    Just on the VPN, that's a paid VPN? I have ipvanish but it doesn't have a Turkish server.

No, its a free one and Turkey is on it. Sometime you get an error "Sever at full capacity" but if you keep trying you get thru it. Perhaps all the boardsies were trying to connect at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No, its a free one and Turkey is on it. Sometime you get an error "Sever at full capacity" but if you keep trying you get thru it. Perhaps all the boardsies were trying to connect at the same time :)

There's always the exitnodes trick in tor browser? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110498236&postcount=1963

Tried AIB card as well.

This doesn't work.

Tried AIB card as well.

This doesn't work.

Clear the cache and try again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

So... I know this is a Netflix thread but wondering if there's a similar... Loophole for Disney. Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

nhur wrote: »
    So... I know this is a Netflix thread but wondering if there's a similar... Loophole for Disney. Plus?

Disney+ allows 4 screens simultaneously to play, so in theory you could spilt the cost 4 ways and give each person the log in! As long as someone doesn't put it on all their kids phones there shouldn't be a problem!
    I was thinking to create an email address for this purpose and maybe spilt it 2 ways, giving 2 screens each and paying €35 a year seems reasonable!!
    Not sure of any other work arounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

nhur wrote: »

I starting doing this got as far the screen looking for an Indian mobile for SMS confirmation and meant to get back later when I found a workaround.
    Forgot about since but those services do exist I might continue the research tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Has Netflix blocked all revolut cards because the virtual card feature would have been abused for frer monthly subs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Has Netflix blocked all revolut cards because the virtual card feature would have been abused for frer monthly subs ?

Netflix hasn’t blocked all Revolut cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Netflix hasn’t blocked all Revolut cards.

I would typically get a free trial once a year or so and it seemed not to be accepting either mine or my partner's Revolut.

I have a proxy app called Tunnelbear on my phone. I found a lot of harmless but informative webpages and news stories my friends could see in the USA and elsewhere were blocked by the EU. Tunnelbear gives a few hundred megabytes of free data per month without having to pay anything and you can choose where you want to route your traffic through.. Before I would toggle it on and off to see what was blocked. Ive been using it for around 8 years.
    Now I think it may be useful to register Netflix .

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's getting cheaper and cheaper. Just paid EUR4.10 for the mid package (EUR10.99) via Netflix Turkey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

unkel wrote: »
    It's getting cheaper and cheaper. Just paid EUR4.10 for the mid package (EUR10.99) via Netflix Turkey :D

Any free VPN that will go to Turkey.
    I tried my paid PureVPN with Turkey but I dont get the turkish netflix even though the VPN is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Any free VPN that will go to Turkey.
    I tried my paid PureVPN with Turkey but I dont get the turkish netflix even though the VPN is working.

There was one mentioned a few days ago, speedify I think its called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

I would typically get a free trial once a year or so and it seemed not to be accepting either mine or my partner's Revolut.

I have a proxy app called Tunnelbear on my phone. I found a lot of harmless but informative webpages and news stories my friends could see in the USA and elsewhere were blocked by the EU. Tunnelbear gives a few hundred megabytes of free data per month without having to pay anything and you can choose where you want to route your traffic through.. Before I would toggle it on and off to see what was blocked. Ive been using it for around 8 years.
    Now I think it may be useful to register Netflix .

I used Tunnelbear back when i set up my Turkish Netflix account almost 2 years ago. I pay with Revolut. Never had an issue, hopefully i wont run into any in the future.

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    I used Tunnelbear back when i set up my Turkish Netflix account almost 2 years ago. I pay with Revolut. Never had an issue, hopefully i wont run into any in the future.

Just tried it. No option for Turkey.

Just tried it. No option for Turkey.

Use Speedify, its free

Sub expired on 7th Apr

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

So I signed up for netflix and cancelled.
    I went to the Turkey site and logged in and re-enabled my account.

It still had my payment amount in euro even though im on the Turkish Netflix.
    Do I have to wait the month til it expires, or remove my credit card and add it back in, or even make a new account?

Sorry for being a pain. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So I signed up for netflix and cancelled.
    I went to the Turkey site and logged in and re-enabled my account.

It still had my payment amount in euro even though im on the Turkish Netflix.
    Do I have to wait the month til it expires, or remove my credit card and add it back in, or even make a new account?

Sorry for being a pain. Thanks.

You have to use a VPN and wait until it's expired to see the different plans in Turkish money

sweetie wrote: »
    You have to use a VPN and wait until it's expired to see the different plans in Turkish money

Ah thats what im doing wrong.
    Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

got it working myself after a few failed attempts. after account expiration

as per instructions on 26.01.2020 by redriddick

'Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set'

on mac torcc is on ~/Library/Application\ Support/TorBrowser-Data/Tor/torrc

Other people have reported success using vpns so you can try that instead of using tor browers if you like
    see bbari 08.04.20 comment
    Sub expired on 7th Apr
    speedify is free

In my case after using tor , signing up for argentenian netflix, inputting my transferwise card details in the last step i was asked to input my argentenian mobile number to confirm an activation code.
    I did this using smspva.com , details from keano25 on 30.03.20

'Couldn't sign up through Turkey no matter what VPN I tried so got it via Brazilian VPN. For anyone interested and doesn't want the read back for a few hours..

VPN Brazil

They'll ask for a phone number, go to smspva.com and get a virtual Brazilian phone number it costs .50c.

Netflix text the code to that number, input the code when asked.

Done.

You can now use your Irish number as recovery phone number.

€8.15 for Brazilian Netflix.

smspva can be a bit confusing, in my case i added 2$ to my account balance. then selected country agrentina and then clicked on netflix option torwards the bottom of the page. that game me a number i could tell netflix to send it to. After inputting it into netflix i got the activation code on snspva a few seconds later that i input back into netflix and i was all set.

phew

hope that is helpful to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Turkish top package is only €5.84 this month though. There's cheaper than Brazil. I know it's cheaper than here but if you kept at it you could have got it down even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

DopeTech wrote: »
    Turkish top package is only €5.84 this month though. There's cheaper than Brazil. I know it's cheaper than here but if you kept at it you could have got it down even further.

good point, was going for turkish, but smspva don't seem to have an option for turkish mobile numbers so went with argentenian. happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

unkel wrote: »

I'm still in Mexico

Advertisement