Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Talking of roasting, try roasting yellow turnip chips - they go really sweet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 490 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Having a few of these vegan Cornish pasties for dinner. Rehydrated soya chunks with swede and onion. Turned out great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi guys. Here's my delicious vegan curry dinner from this eve. Plenty of spices, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, garlic, raisins, red lentils, carrots, tomatoes, tomato purée, etc. & served with buckwheat.
    506029.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Lentil, beans, spinach with ginger ( big chewable chunks! ) stew type soup thingy. Satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A takeaway from V in Temple Bar, their vegan junk box consisting of mozarella sticks, pulled "pork" nachos, bbq cauliflower, mac n cheese balls and fries with a garlic mayo dip. Epic.

https://imgur.com/a/UtRRlTi

• Advertisement

That's Vivolife cheddar free from dairy.

auspicious wrote: »
    That's Vivolife cheddar free from dairy.

Hi auspicious. Do you mean, 'Violife'?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi auspicious. Do you mean, 'Violife'?

I've enjoyed one drink too many last night.
    Yes indeed I do Worztron. Violife, Subway use it. Tastes great.

I've enjoyed one drink too many last night.
    Yes indeed I do Worztron. Violife, Subway use it. Tastes great.

In fairness, it was an easy mistake to make. Violife is by far, my favorite vegan cheese.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A takeaway from V in Temple Bar, their vegan junk box consisting of mozarella sticks, pulled "pork" nachos, bbq cauliflower, mac n cheese balls and fries with a garlic mayo dip. Epic.

https://imgur.com/a/UtRRlTi

I'd do bold things to that once the oul' Covid-19 fecks off!

• Advertisement

Cauliflower and kidney beans in a lemon chilli sauce.
    (Baked cauliflower before adding to rest)

Breakfast today, I had Linda McCartney sausages, a mix of mushrooms, onion, tomatoes cooked in soy sauce, sesame oil, and harissa paste and 3 slices of toast with Violife Cheese spread and hummus.
    It was too tasty to stop for a photo!

Breakfast today, I had Linda McCartney sausages, a mix of mushrooms, onion, tomatoes cooked in soy sauce, sesame oil, and harissa paste and 3 slices of toast with Violife Cheese spread and hummus.
    It was too tasty to stop for a photo!

Hi a. I love LM Sausages with my dinner - steamed cabbage & carrots + microwaved sweet potatoes + veg gravy. That's the first time I've heard of Harissa Paste - where do you get that and the hummus? Thanks.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi a. I love LM Sausages with my dinner - steamed cabbage & carrots + microwaved sweet potatoes + veg gravy. That's the first time I've heard of Harissa Paste - where do you get that and the hummus? Thanks.

Hummus handy enough to make when you get ingredient ratio right. Plenty of different brands in stores too.
    I seen Avantgardevegan on about harissa and I then stumbled across it in Aldi. Small jar, I bought a couple.
    Your bangers and mash has me hungry lol! Luckily right now I'm gonna tuck into some parsnip and cauliflower leaf/stem soup I made half hour ago.

Tofu scramble on toast.
    - onion, tomato, red pepper, scallions, nutritional yeast, lemon rind, lime, avocado, soy sauce, thyme, cajun spice, turmeric and pepper.
    Boom!

Seriously good.
    Forgot I have some Violife cheese in there too.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Butter bean and veg stew, couscous, soya yogurt. Yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Didn't stop long enough to get a picture, but I had a leek and fennel chickpea fritatta/omelette type thing, topped with grated violife cos why the hell not, served with baby new potatoes and a homemade mustard and dill cream sauce. When I'm good I'm good

Seitan burger.

Made a vegan pad Thai for dinner (forgot pics) and then this dessert made to look like an ashtray
    Coconut Panna Cotta with lapsang souchong gel, aquafaba meringue dust, grated chocolate and vegan white chocolate to make the cigarette butts...

• Advertisement

Very inventive Kbizz!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In the best possible way, that's really gross! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Made a vegan pad Thai for dinner (forgot pics) and then this dessert made to look like an ashtray
    Coconut Panna Cotta with lapsang souchong gel, aquafaba meringue dust, grated chocolate and vegan white chocolate to make the cigarette butts...

OK, that is damn amazing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    OK, that is damn amazing!

Seriously, post of the year! I love it!!

Yes leaves me wondering does it give the same effect like for example, expecting to drink apple juice when in fact it's white wine..

Anyway I hope you can impress your customers again real soon.

Thanks so much guys. I'm always trying to come up with more inventive ways to present vegan food to people and try not to toe the line of the options out there.

Cant take credit for the idea, it's a guy Chef Ben Churchill on Instagram who's book is incredible on food illusions, I just veganised it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Thats unreal! Sounds so tasty but itd be hard to convince myself it wont taste like ashes before putting it in my mouth :P

I know as mad it looks once I convinced my housemates, they inhaled it and said it was class and real tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Looking for rose harissa but can't seem to find any (tried Aldi and Lidl). Hard to find or should both of those have it in stock normally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

sterz wrote: »
    Looking for rose harissa but can't seem to find any (tried Aldi and Lidl). Hard to find or should both of those have it in stock normally?

You’ll get it in any middle eastern food store or stall. Tesco also stock it in some stores: https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=303852075

Advertisement