Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Blimey these new shoes don't half pinch! They were grand in the shop but you only wear them for a couple of minutes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I live on a busy street and between the seagulls (why the hell are they screeching around town at 11 o clock at night?!) and the car noise o find it really hard to sleep.
    I bought a sleep machine to play white noise and it actually helped.
    My TA is that it plays ocean sounds and I keep waking up thinking I'm on some tropical beach only to realise it's five past nine and I'm late for work...oh and it's raining >.<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You love me so much, you had to say my name twice :)

I most certainly do not love you.......

😏😏

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who say groceries instead of shopping!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're not the same thing, though.

• Advertisement

Where dafuk does dust come from? I hoovered this house a week ago, and even in the front room which nobody uses there is now a thin film of dust on every surface. I doubt anyone has even been in here. They should invent some kind of extractor fan, but for dead skin cells, so we don't have to put up with this garbage.
    I find myself doing this and it even annoys me. It just crept in, I don't know how. Also found myself saying "I'm going to the store". Have an Australian staying in my house so I'll blame it on that. Might as well put a shrimp on the barbie while I'm at it, struth!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sweet Louise! I am beat.

4bnj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Surely you mean messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

madmaggie wrote: »
    Surely you mean messages?

Messages, shopping,bit and pieces,etc is fine.

It's just when people talk about groceries, store, trunk, parking lot, sidewalk, etc grates as me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Just shows what they know about cats... :D

:)

571156.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I can never use chopsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

When the barista topped up the coffee with water from a burco boiler and now the coffee tastes manky and it's lukewarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Seanachai wrote: »
    When the barista topped up the coffee with water from a burco boiler and now the coffee tastes manky and it's lukewarm.

That was no Barista. Wouldn't accept that as properly made coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The moving profile pics on FB,always reminds me of Harry Potter.

TA that some people simply won't accept when you say you're not drinking. All supportive and full of "fair play to ya" mid week but come Thursday it's "what...so you mean you're not drinking at the weekend either?! **** that. Snap out of it".
    I am snapping out of it, snapping out of the blurry bubble I was trapped in and if you can't accept that then jog the **** on!

*This message was brought to you by our sponsors Temptation Thursday*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why is this Johnny Depp court case on the news every day? Who gives a fcuk?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why is this Johnny Depp court case on the news every day? Who gives a fcuk?

Probably about 20% of 50% of the population + about 3% of the other 50% who give some sort of a fcuk.

So, at a guess maybe 11.5% give a fcuk, which is not an insubstantial amount. :D

The amount though who give a proper fcuk is probably closer to 5% of the population. There's a lot of womenfolk in a lot of offices :pac:

My TA Converse runners/runnerboots, and people who go on about socks and sandals - would they be happy with just socks and no sandals, or sandals and no socks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I hung out the office window to show our 'visitors' where the lunch meeting would be, I pointed at the building, drawing their attention to the sign saying it was X Cafe, same as on their running order.

There are no buildings on the left side of the green(not that I was pointing there) and only one other in the direction I was pointing, this building is clearly marked as Y museum.

These buildings are 5 mins walk from the office and in line of sight at all times, assuming you are turned the right way.

Still getting messages from ppl who are 'lost' ffs.

I feel the meeting scheduled for the rest of the day will be a hard of understanding convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

people scraping out their yogurt pot for ages even though there is nothing left in it!

My fiancee is guilty of this with crisp packets.

Down to the last mm of powder. It honestly looks like she digs her hand right into the unseen corner of the bag and pulls out nothing.

I've told her already, either bin it or pour the rest of it into your mouth like a normal person stop rustling an empty poke.

I swear she does it now just to annoy me because she's now aware that it does lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Squashed one of my balls stepping over a fence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA Twitter.

I wonder why i still bother with it. often used by many exclusively now for general whinging, political soapboxing, its gone like an ideological battleground., left vs right wing. offense and offense at offense taken. i dont even find facebook as bad. this policing thing of ''im unfollowing you if you follow x, i'll be checking followers list to make sure you arent following x'' is nauseating. its just a hotbed of negativity with the odd meme thrown in. was it always this ugly and confrontational? is it just where we're at with social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA Twitter.

I wonder why i still bother with it. often used by many exclusively now for general whinging, political soapboxing, its gone like an ideological battleground., left vs right wing. offense and offense at offense taken. i dont even find facebook as bad. this policing thing of ''im unfollowing you if you follow x, i'll be checking followers list to make sure you arent following x'' is nauseating. its just a hotbed of negativity with the odd meme thrown in. was it always this ugly and confrontational? is it just where we're at with social media?

Best thing about Twitter is Dogs of Twitter :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New Home wrote: »

TA I wanted to see an actual exploding unicorn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bredabe wrote: »
    I hung out the office window to show our 'visitors' where the lunch meeting would be, I pointed at the building, drawing their attention to the sign saying it was X Cafe, same as on their running order.

There are no buildings on the left side of the green(not that I was pointing there) and only one other in the direction I was pointing, this building is clearly marked as Y museum.

These buildings are 5 mins walk from the office and in line of sight at all times, assuming you are turned the right way.

Still getting messages from ppl who are 'lost' ffs.

I feel the meeting scheduled for the rest of the day will be a hard of understanding convention.

They were probably hoping you’d fall???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Best thing about Twitter is Dogs of Twitter :D

I disagree auto :P

https://twitter.com/MULibraryCat?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

My fiancee is guilty of this with crisp packets.

Are you sure you still want to marry her :-| ?

:pac:

They were probably hoping you’d fall???

Both of these posts made me laugh...alot:)

Ta I made the rip in my ripped jeans bigger go look 'cool' and it's pretty damn obvious I did it myself and that I'm anything but cool.
    God I miss my old semi ripped jeans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

TA Facebook

I despise the "One has to go" posts
    I despise the "Type this in and then tap your auto button to finish the sentence" posts
    I despise the "Which X are you" posts
    I despise the "Let's settle this" posts
    I despise the "Let's see who shares his" posts

I really only go one there for music posts, science and news articles and a few friend's updates. 80 - 90% is garbage sh!tposting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement