Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wicklow Hills Development

Options
  • 28-03-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

If anyone has any useful tips or information about the next phase of the Wicklow Hills development in Newtownmountkennedy, can you please PM me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chilli_fever

Hi There,

I'm very interested in purchasing a house in the new phase in Wicklow Hills, expected late this year. I've spoken to both agents- Sherry Fitz and Kevin O'Donoghue in respect of open viewings or showhouses- apparently they have none, and properties are being sold off plans.
    Instead of trying to solely visualise it from the floorplans and pictures they have up on Myhome and Daft, i am wondering if someone would be willing to let me have a look inside.
    I'm interested in the 3-bed semi detached type. If you've bought a property in Wicklow Hills, either in the last phase 2 released 2 weeks ago, or any phase, please let me know. If you feel uncomfortable having a stranger in your house (i understand it might be seen as creepy), would you be willing to film a walk-through the house?

TLDR- just trying to get an idea of what a 3 bed-semi in Wicklow Hills looks like. I'd love either 5 minutes to just have a look around the house or see a video walk-through this type of property. It just doesn't sit right with me to sign up for a property that might not be suitable in the end.

On another note, if you've been living in the area for any length of time- how are you finding it? Transport, shopping, traffic- etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hi Chili,

myself and my fiancee moved in a little over a year ago, we moved from greystones down.

In regards to the town we are extremely happy with it, friendly people, shopping is handy with lidl, aldi tesco and dunnes all within a short drive, the local pub is fine with good food, close enough to greystones to use all the amenities there. Transport to dublin city centre is hourly on a bus last one leaves town at around 11, if its a late night you can get nitelink to greystones/kilcoole and jump into a taxi. Our social life hasnt altered in any way tbh.

regarding traffic we both work in sandyford and my commute is no different from when living in greystones and coming over windgates, if no schools i would be in in 20 mins home in 30, if schools are on it takes near 30 and home maybe 40, if there is an accident this is when issues arise.

unfortunatly the house i moved into is the 3 bed terrace, it was in phase 2 so was different to phase 4 and 5. Unsure if i could be of any help to you in that especially as they are changing each time.

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Derekhealy

Hi I am also very interested in Wicklow hills...
    Seems to be the best hidden secret on the planet.... nearly impossible to get one...
    Can you tell what are the room sizes like in 3 bed house??

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Derekhealy wrote: »
    Hi I am also very interested in Wicklow hills...
    Seems to be the best hidden secret on the planet.... nearly impossible to get one...
    Can you tell what are the room sizes like in 3 bed house??

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Yeah it seems they are snapped up fierce quick we bought in phase 2 and had to queue overnight but was worth it.

As for sizes, we are very happy with room sizes, our master bedroom big enough for a superking bed with plenty of walking room for both of us. The two back bedrooms are both the same size, we currently have a double bed in one with a bedside locker, again you can walk around both sides and open the wardrobes fine.

Downstairs the living room is quite big, we can comfortably fit a 3 and 2 seater sofa, an armchair, bookcase and big tv unit. Again no issues with size of units or doesnt feel cluttered.

Understair storage we can walk into comfortably and the kitchen is perfect for ourselves.

any other questions ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Derekhealy

Thank you so much for advice....
    Im looking forward to getting my hands on one at some point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I bought in the first phase of this development and I have been living here now for 2 years.

Overall I'm delighted with the house. It's constantly warm and it's quite spacious.

I'm the administrator for a facebook group for the residents. Feel free to join

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185924028117730/?ref=bookmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Any update on the next phase?

Out of interest, did you manage to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I understand it that the next phase is due for early 2020 and it's possible to register interest with Sherry Fitz. But there are a handful of second hand property's up for sale currently, I am looking at three bed terraces with an asking price of €330k. How does that compare with how much they were originally priced last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Len_007 wrote: »
    I understand it that the next phase is due for early 2020 and it's possible to register interest with Sherry Fitz. But there are a handful of second hand property's up for sale currently, I am looking at three bed terraces with an asking price of €330k. How does that compare with how much they were originally priced last year?

A friend of mine bought a mid terrace 3 bed for 270k about a year ago.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine paid 255k for a 3 bed in the last phase.
    I personally wouldn't pay the price the second hand ones are up for now. I viewed a couple early this year. One we were interested in sold for 330k. The previous owner had purchased it new just 6 months before for 250k.

I personally wouldn't pay the price the second hand ones are up for now. I viewed a couple early this year. One we were interested in sold for 330k. The previous owner had purchased it new just 6 months before for 250k.

80k is some jump in less than a year.
    I'm viewing a couple of the 330k's tomorrow, will be enquiring as to the hike. I'm wondering what the next phase will bring

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Wow! No stamp duty would have been applied when the house was new. But this would not have been the case the second time around further inflating the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I understand it that the next phase is due for early 2020

The Newtownmountkennedy town association is objecting to the sale of these new houses as they were promised a heap of community facilities that were not delivered by the developer.

If it was phase 2 that three bed terrace could have been at 225 ( i only know as i paid it) , I would be suprised if the developer kept the prices as low as they have considering what they are going for when resold

recyclops wrote: »
    If it was phase 2 that three bed terrace could have been at 225 ( i only know as i paid it) , I would be suprised if the developer kept the prices as low as they have considering what they are going for when resold

Did that price of €225 include VAT?

Did that price of €225 include VAT?

yeah 225k was total, from what i remember the first phase mid terrace 3 bed were 210k, then 225k.

Developer has priced the first 5 phases relatively cheap from what it seems.

80k is some jump in less than a year.
    I'm viewing a couple of the 330k's tomorrow, will be enquiring as to the hike. I'm wondering what the next phase will bring

One that we viewed, apparently the couple that bought it split up and needed to sell it asap, and just wanted the money back that they put into it (Estate Agent speak), which basically was flooring. It went up for sale at 299k and sold for 330k. But knowing the price that the owners had paid for it just a few short months before, made me so feel so annoyed.
    Demand was huge when these houses were launched because they were priced quite well. I heard that maybe the next phases won't be priced as well though.
    I really like the houses themselves, but there isn't a lot around in the area.

It went up for sale at 299k and sold for 330k.

On PPR the most I can see a house in the estate sold for in 2019 was 260k. Unless I'm not looking for the right addresses on the list, I'm Ctlr F-ing "Wicklow Hills"

On PPR the most I can see a house in the estate sold for in 2019 was 260k. Unless I'm not looking for the right addresses on the list, I'm Ctlr F-ing "Wicklow Hills"

The PPR is not set up great. Not all of the houses appear when you enter "Wicklow Hills". Enter "Monalin" or "Barley Field" and you will see. Within Wicklow Hills there are 2 areas, one called Monalin and one called Barley Field.
    Remember that some prices listed will be new and therefore not include tax, so you need to multiply the price by 1.13 to get the real price, and then some are second hand.

• Advertisement

The PPR is not set up great. Not all of the houses appear when you enter "Wicklow Hills". Enter "Monalin" or "Barley Field" and you will see. Within Wicklow Hills there are 2 areas, one called Monalin and one called Barley Field.
    Remember that some prices listed will be new and therefore not include tax, so you need to multiply the price by 1.13 to get the real price, and then some are second hand.

Thanks SS but it actually doesn't make a difference, still showing the most was 260k at the beginning of this month, which means it was second hand. Which is strange as both yourself and others on this thread have said houses have gone for >300k

Thanks SS but it actually doesn't make a difference, still showing the most was 260k at the beginning of this month, which means it was second hand. Which is strange as both yourself and others on this thread have said houses have gone for >300k

I don't know what way you're filtering it on the website, but without question, the second hand houses have sold for more than 300k.
    See my example above for 80 Monalin.

I don't know what way you're filtering it on the website, but without question, the second hand houses have sold for more than 300k.
    See my example above for 80 Monalin.

My apologies, I see it now, thank you for your patience with me

My apologies, I see it now, thank you for your patience with me

No problem, just wanted to ensure you have the right information if you are thinking of going for one of these houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

My wife and I are currently available in Wicklow Hills. We are looking at getting a new home rather than a second hand but we will be restrained by the price. Currently stuck with my parents while we save up additional funds and await to hear about WH.

My wife and mother were up in NTMK only yesterday and they spoke to an ESB chap who was on the phone to the foreman and he said that we should hear from Sherry Fitzgerald in February when there will be a release for the new phase. They were saying it is across the road behind the main part of the estate.

Anybody else currently looking at buying for the next phase?

We had kinda lost interest due to a lack of info and from speaking with friends who bought there, completions took well over a year.

Spoke with the EA back in September last and he had said they will be good to launch in October...

Haven’t completely ruled it out but it’s down the list in terms of options.

Also heard that prices are expected to jump massively in the next phase but that’s just from residents so don’t take it as gospel.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/1949/0

Planning permission for next phase. Lots of apartments.

this is a fair bit away from current phase, its opposite side of the town.

its the same developers wonder will it be part of same development or something completely different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubdub66

Sorry to be posting on this old thread. Just wondering what people think about the houses in Wicklow Hills. Can’t find much info online. What are the houses like? Is the area a nice place to live, friendly, safe, primary school etc. The auctioneers don’t seem to have much info for when the next phase is due. Just wondering if anyone knows. Thanks in advance for any info you could share.

Advertisement