Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dermot Desmond's sons to bring Five Guys to Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'll have to give it a try then. Just tell me, will it be the best burger I've ever tasted guaranteed? I've had a few in my time.

Better than anything available in Dublin atm, bar maybe Bunsen I reckon. Theres no accounting for Irish tastes though, a lot of people here like their minced beef old and overcooked. The fools.

**** this, Im off to see if I can get a table at Bunsen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Can't wait for "five heart surgeons" to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Five guys is nice but I don't know why people go crazy about it, it's not amazing IMO.

md23040 wrote: »
    2r53v2s.jpg

Its going to work like a dropped stone - here's an online order or Cheese Burger, Chips and Coke costing £14.50 or €20.14 converted.
    Tis not for the boards.ie frugal living peasantry. Constantly moaning about the price of everything while the places which charge these prices are constantly packed, you have to laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

5 Guys do make some great burgers

The key selling points they offer are (i) you can have as many different toppings/sauces for no extra charge (from a long list of toppings) (ii) their drinks machine offers close to 100 different flavours with free refills

Like any food, there are much better places out there. These places are usually not chains. But as chains go, this one is very good

Someone summed it up well above with: "Like Nandos but for burgers"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I assume a blowjob is included in those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

drumswan wrote: »
    Better than anything available in Dublin atm, bar maybe Bunsen I reckon. Theres no accounting for Irish tastes though, a lot of people here like their minced beef old and overcooked. The fools.

I'll admit i love the BK double bacon cheeseburger. There's a time and a place for it (3am Grafton St :)) but places like JoBurger and the Gourmet burger kitchen are very good. It's nice to see variety in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

in-n-out is better but five guys will do

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Never heard of them, but sound nice, no doubt we will be ripped off on price.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Shake Shack open here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The problem with a place like Five Guys opening in Ireland is that it'll cost too much..

Five Guys in the US makes sense - A really (really) nice Burger,Fries & a drink(with unlimited free refills) for about €6-€7....oh, and as many monkey nuts as you can carry!!

But here.......It'll be the better part of €20, which for a Burger is f***ing stupid....

in-n-out is better but five guys will do

Six dollars for a meal at In N Out too, 2 dollars for a hamburger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ireland on course to be the fattest nation in Europe by 2030, you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Possibly the worst business name I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Five Guys is pretty rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

COYVB wrote: »
    Five Guys is pretty rubbish

Boo! Youre pretty rubbish

Boo! Youre pretty rubbish

The burgers are, at best, okay, but the fries are dreadful. There are far, far better burger places. They're very expensive too.

It's genuinely not worth you all getting excited about, honestly.

Should be "Bunsen and nine other, kinda ****e burgers" list

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Great, yet another outlet serving shyte food.
    Ignorance is bliss.

• Advertisement

It's genuinely not worth you all getting excited about, honestly.
    Ive eaten in it loads of times, its miles ahead of almost anything we have here. The fries are delicious also.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was wondering who these Five Guys were and I thought Desmond was taking an unexpected foray into the world of Louis Walsh. And then I learned it's a fast food franchise :o. You learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

anncoates wrote: »
    Possibly the worst business name I've ever heard.

That's a weird thing to be negative about.

Ive eaten in it loads of times, its miles ahead of almost anything we have here. The fries are delicious also.

I've got one 5 minutes from my house. You are incorrect

I've got one 5 minutes from my house. You are incorrect

It is you what is incorrect. You know nothing about greasy burgers heathen. They even sell Brooklyn Lager there, whats not to love.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

No burgers compare to the whiskey glazed bun quarter pounders and rashers/'bacon' served from those little mobile chippers on the streets of Budapest

Anyway, not sure why this thing's a big deal

whats not to love.

The sub-par overpriced food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

RWCNT wrote: »
    That's a weird thing to be negative about.

You're right. I'm just jealous.

The sub-par overpriced food

Next you'll be telling us In'n'out and shake shack dont do good burgers either. I dont know whether to hate you or pity you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Is it kinda like Eddie Rockets?

No. It's better in every way. Better burgers at a lower price, at least that's the way it is in the states.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement