Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Antares, congratulations
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Antares35 wrote:
    As if either of those things are any of her business. TA people who think your choices are everyone else's business.

Congrats Antares and you need to c her next Tuesday... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Congratulations antares... I knew we were around the date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that i've only just found out that Antares had her baby. Congrats btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ah congrats Antares.......a baby boardsie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    Tampon ads . Years ago they were like whiskas ads , now it's " get it up there girls"
    Kinda gross really ;(

I'd consider myself a modern woman but I even find that ad revolting.
    It actually sets feminism back about a decade.
    Imagine if it were 2 male actors presenting that ad. There would be uproar but because they're women, it's 'enlightening'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    My nosy neighbour actually asked me today "and how are you feeding your baby?" ( She's one week old and I'm close to madness struggling to nurse) :(

I would never ask someone that. TA the response "very well thank you" only dawned on me five hours after. She also asked "what kind of birth did you have".

As if either of those things are anrmassMasxy of her business. TA people who think your choices are everyone else's business.

Massive hug darling ❤️
    Ta that life is so tough. I miss everyone and everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Congratulations Antares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,332 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Congrats Antares!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Congratulations Antares. Enjoy your summer baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

On an otherwise fabulous morning, two things irked me.

1) A 10 minute long driver change on O'Connell St because the drivers wouldn't stop yapping.

2) An aul pair feeding the pigeons in St. Stephen's Green. If I ruled the country there would be no pigeons. Less pigeons, more ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Being called a clown, a plonker and a couple other things by grown adults on social media because I had the temerity to hold a different opinion on something than them.

Now I would understand it if I was racist/anti-vax/homophobic or whatever, but I literally held the view that a GAA player was over-rated in my opinion, and backed up my thoughts with stats.

I do generally have a thick skin when it comes to this sort of thing as I am a journalist, but still it is annoying (as much as I love having debates). But still, if you can't respectfully challenge someone's thought with reasoned counter-points, and instead resort to name-calling, then who is the bigger person?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA at the quality of the 3 magnum white chocolate & cookie I bought in Tesco.
    There is some sort of pink ice on the outside, the chocolate shell has come away from the ice cream and the cream feels like crunchy ice.
    Kinda like a snowball.
    And no real taste of them.
    What's going on with them?

IMG-20200530-124516.jpg

IMG-20200530-124641.jpg

IMG-20200530-124704.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

blade1 wrote: »
    There is some sort of pink ice on the outside, the chocolate shell has come away from the ice cream and the cream feels like crunchy ice.
    Kinda like a snowball.
    l]

I'd email those pics to magnum customer service... It will take 5 mins... I've done similar before to a different company.... Got a lil goody box back.

I'd email those pics to magnum customer service... It will take 5 mins... I've done similar before to a different company.... Got a lil goody box back.

Might do for the craic.

A far cry from what they lead you to believe you're getting.
    I can see why Michael Douglas's character in Fallen Down lost it :pac:

Screenshot-20200530-131911.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Looks like that had thawed and was stuck back into the freezer.

New Home wrote: »
    Looks like that had thawed and was stuck back into the freezer.

It does yeah.
    And lost all its taste in the process as well.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

303 issues re my history still not resolved

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

branie2 wrote: »
    303 issues re my history still not resolved

...but 503 is not one of them? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am TA'd at that magnum too.
    I choose my moments to have sweet stuff (middle age spread and all that) and would be irked if I was treating myself and it turned out to be sub par.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

New Home wrote: »
    ...but 503 is not one of them? :pac:

OOPS! Sorry, I meant 503 :o

late to the show but big congratulations on new baby Antares! The fun starts here, the best of times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Owing to misunderstanding, a relative wrongly believes I did something to annoy him. Now blanking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Lucky Lou

I can't talk now but I will call you as soon as baby settles.
    7 days ago.
    I'd seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Thanks everyone! My TA is I thought becoming a mother would allow me to throw off the shackles of being a crank and I'd bask in the glow of life having a new purpose and I'd let the trivial things slide.

Well, I'm basically still as much of an antichrist as always, but now more so because sleep deprivation is thrown into the mix :(

I predict a lot more TAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

blade1 wrote: »
    Kinda like a snowball.
    If ice creams could have STIs that would be it.

Antares35 wrote: »
    If ice creams could have STIs that would be it.

Yikes, now I'm TA'D with myself for still eating the whole lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Why is everybody trivially annoyed that Antares35 had a baby? Oh...the over-population of the planet? :pac:

I'm annoyed that my family want me to visit them later. I'm allowed to. My mother and brother live 0.85km from here ("Why don't you ever drop over?" "There's a virus...")...but then I'll have to talk to them. And then I'll have to justify leaving...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Unusual one and trivial too.
    Mario Pasalic is off to Atalanta today....
    who's he I hear you say?...well...he's a Chelsea player for the last 6 years....
    not heard of him you say?....well...maybe it's because he's never kicked a ball for them!
    €14.5 million in wages in that time ...I suppose bits just another case of the haves...and the have-nots...
    Nevermind me...I'm just having an auld moan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

The lack of common sense and the new generation. Seriously how are they going to lead or survive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement