Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Wicklow photo thread - old and new [No Chat]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

I think it’s probably Church View you are thinking of, it never had any connection with Hillside apart from the fact that the Hillside field beside it was named after a long absent owner.
    You will see it just above ‘GREYSTONES ‘ on the OSI map, a well known resident from the early part of the last century was Judge Morphy and the 2.654 acre field beside was always known as Morphy’s field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=464442&stc=1&d=1540317663

This is a photo of Hillside farm probably taken from Fernhurst on Vincent’s road, I think that’s the right name, it’s the continuation of Hillside road.
    The half thatched house in the foreground is Andy Ward’s house, the buildings in the background are Hillside house and yard, not a great pic but maybe it will give an indication as to where everything was,
    Going by the mini estate on the road I’d guess this was taken sometime in the sixties. This photo was sent to me by a friend who found it on Facetube so might be familiar to some..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

49250086862_23e5a86138_z.jpgimage by Pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I wonder if anybody on here remembers this place - I was there once as a child, the year before it burnt to the ground in 1967.

Avoca Handweavers now occupies the site.

Glencormac%2BHse%2BHotel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The N11 has changed a bit since this Valentine's postcard view.

Looking north with the Glenview Hotel in the background.... On second thoughts, it may not be the hotel.

Valentines%2BGlen%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDowns.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement