Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N11 Upgrades

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Possibilities are range and safety in my eyes. It's a fairly long cycle from Dublin Airport to Wexford and back, I'm not sure how frequently they refuel. Might not be possible with the double deckers to fill out the same schedule. Also, you're not allowed to have standing passengers at motorway speed which means that the extra space on the bus is wasted when it could be given to a more urban route that doesn't use the motorway instead.

They have double deck Tri axle coaches though for this, they're on 133.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭prunudo

See glen of the downs they're taking the wooden fencing down and were cutting back some trees.

The crews are using the old works site between kilmack and the Glenview but closer to Glenview.

Any idea what they're doing? Presume it's nothing too major, maybe just replacing the rotten fence or installing crash barriers.

Are any of the ones still living in the trees there or have they long gone?

Are any of the ones still living in the trees there or have they long gone?

1 who has ties to the previous clearys owners I'm led to believe.

Use to have him on the bus going for the dole and getting bits in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Anyone know what the changes planned for Kilmac are?
    https://www.greystonesguide.ie/new-n11-speed-limit-at-kilmac/

60Kmh Junction 7 Bray South to Junction 8 for a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Anyone know what the changes planned for Kilmac are?
    https://www.greystonesguide.ie/new-n11-speed-limit-at-kilmac/

60Kmh Junction 7 Bray South to Junction 8 for a year

Basically it's the same as what they did on the westward N4 at lucan. Build a segregated lane for traffic to the filling station and Roundwood.
    I think it says up to a year for the 60km/h limit, so they are giving themselves some wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Looks like theyre prepping at both Delgany slip roads to widen and lengthen which is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Looks like theyre prepping at both Delgany slip roads to widen and lengthen which is badly needed.

I believe they're just installing deer-proof fencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

loyatemu wrote: »

Ah that’s a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

What will the new speed limit be through Kilmac when this is finished?

• Advertisement

Yes seen that today, much higher.

Seen a few deer completely destroyed along the glen.... Lucky one morning to miss it's body and bits everywhere, truck had to have hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

What’s the point? The deer / other animals will still need to cross. They can’t have high fences for the entire length. Surely the deer will go to the area that’s aren’t fenced. Or are we reducing their habitat? Which I feel isn’t right.

Yes some are hit. Yes some cars damaged. But we’ve to live side by side. Will the area be large enough / sustainable land for them on the east side?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

FirstIn wrote: »
    Yes some are hit. Yes some cars damaged. But we’ve to live side by side. Will the area be large enough / sustainable land for them on the east side?

maybe they'll be culled from the eastern side - I don't remember ever seeing deer east of the N11 when I was younger. I assume they're more likely to try to cross the road in wooded areas.

maybe they'll be culled from the eastern side - I don't remember ever seeing deer east of the N11 when I was younger. I assume they're more likely to try to cross the road in wooded areas.

Last week seen loads at coynes cross in hard shoulder and in the grass.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

What’s the point? The deer / other animals will still need to cross. They can’t have high fences for the entire length. Surely the deer will go to the area that’s aren’t fenced. Or are we reducing their habitat? Which I feel isn’t right.

It's there to protect motorists and the deer nobody want's to hit one, at 100kph its certain death for the deer and high possibilty of the occupents of the car as the deer tend to come through the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

That’s not deer fencing,they’re just replacing the old fence line

Considering its 16 years since the upgrade was completed I'd say it the existing posts were in a bad way.

prunudo wrote: »
    Considering its 16 years since the upgrade was completed I'd say it the existing posts were in a bad way.

One thing though they were better looking then replacement and from what o can see some posts were re used

One thing though they were better looking then replacement and from what o can see some posts were re used

Maybe reusing the more recent ones which were replaced from various the crashes.

prunudo wrote: »
    Maybe reusing the more recent ones which were replaced from various the crashes.

Maybe...

A hedge would be cheaper, they cut everything back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

.243 wrote: »
    That’s not deer fencing,they’re just replacing the old fence line

Just wondering - why have the fence? If it is not to stop wildlife then is it to stop people wandering out? Or is it just as a demarcation line?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Just wondering - why have the fence? If it is not to stop wildlife then is it to stop people wandering out? Or is it just as a demarcation line?
    Wondering that myself.
    The fence serves no wildlife purpose. Deer will go over, anything else will go through or under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I heard the works at Kilmac are set to run till Feb 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Batesy wrote: »
    I heard the works at Kilmac are set to run till Feb 2021!

The works that havent even started yet?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

The works that havent even started yet?

They started last week, and judging by their progress in the last week, they won't deliver on time.

Advertisement