Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to The Future Build The DeLorean

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

More Pics

More

More...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

looks good

Im guessing its cost a small fortune to get to this stage

mittimitti wrote: »
    looks good

Im guessing its cost a small fortune to get to this stage

I just try not to think of it :-) it works out €41 a month, which is a €10 a week, so the cost of 2 pints a week, Not so bad, but I'm over half way now, :-) and I will defo look to keep building after this one, Its great for the mental health,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I have nothing constructive to write. Just wanted to say that this is absolutely amazing. Keep going! :)

I have nothing constructive to write. Just wanted to say that this is absolutely amazing. Keep going! :)

Thanks so much :-)

really appreciate that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks great! Might be tempted by this after i finish the falcon, if i ever do! Love the detail with the lights etc. One of my mates is getting these but he hasnt started yet, ill put him on to this thread.

Looks great! Might be tempted by this after i finish the falcon, if i ever do! Love the detail with the lights etc. One of my mates is getting these but he hasnt started yet, ill put him on to this thread.

building is addictive, I am thinking about doing the falcon after this,

The Batmobile is tempting, but Id like to move away from Cars after this one,

how you finding the falcon, would be a good crossover for a second build?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Falcon is huge. Needs to be totally repainted and modded though to get it right. I think there is a link to my thread in my signature there. I’m enjoying it but it’s taking years to build with the painting etc. haha it’s a great learning experience though if you haven’t painted anything before , which I haven’t myself up until I decided to do this. Did a Viper from battlestar and an ATST first just to practice.

I was thinking about R2D2 after the falcon but might do the delorean instead. If I ever finish this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I just came across this thread. Really interesting and fun to see this thing take shape. How big is this model scale wise? Deff gonna follow your progress.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I just came across this thread. Really interesting and fun to see this thing take shape. How big is this model scale wise? Deff gonna follow your progress.

Hi Nodferatu,

its 1:8 scale model, so its a monster of a thing, mostly metal very heavy,

glad to have you on board, hopefully I will have the next delivery in 3 weeks,

Cheers,
    Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paddymc37

Just came across this thread, subscribed to build my own delorean back in May 5th and have gotten off to a bad start. Was supposed to take 21 days for first delivery of issues 1,2,&3 but nothing arrived, emailed them said they would resend them and would take a further 21 days, but in the mean time issues 4-7 are in the post so I waited 27 days later nó sign of issue's 1,2&3 but finally got something, opened it up and only found issues 4 & 7 inside nó 5 or 6. So I rang them up, now I'm calling from Ireland and was left for ages listening to music on the line at my expense, when I finally got through was told it would be August before I see issues 1,2,3,5,6, and they would come with 8,9,10,11. So all I have is issues 4 & 7 and might I say 4 was all grubby and with creases and not in plastic cover and parts in seven were covered in a thick layer of dust. But checked my account and three months payments have gone out 🙠of my bank. Really disappointed in service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paddymc37

just an update got another delivery today was supposed to have issue 5 and 6 and 8 ,9 ,10 and 11 which have all been paid for already,
    opened up package and got parts for 1,2,and 3 (which was supposed to be my first delivery)without any magazines and issues 8 parts only no magazine ,issue 9 complete,no issue 10 and issue 11 complete and no licence plate gift either seems to be a mess , did get a binder .here is what i have now
    issue 1 parts only no mag
    issue 2 parts only no mag
    issue 3 parts only no mag
    issue 4 complete
    issue 5 not delivered
    issue 6 not delivered
    issue 7 complete
    issue 8 parts only no mag
    issue 10 not delivered
    issue 11 complete
    i'm a bit angry at the way they send bits and pieces and leave you short and having to ring them all the time as emailing seems to be a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Paddymc37 wrote: »
    just an update ....here is what i have now
    issue 1 parts only no mag.. 5 not delivered.. 10 not delivered..issue 11 complete

Id bet the print run has passed and they don't have any old stock left of it - possibly only some shop returns left.

Ill call it a loss now return what you have and seek a refund - no use without a full set.

They might re-print it again in a few years if it was popular.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

just an update got another delivery today was supposed to have issue 5 and 6 and 8 ,9 ,10 and 11 which have all been paid for already,
    opened up package and got parts for 1,2,and 3 (which was supposed to be my first delivery)without any magazines and issues 8 parts only no magazine ,issue 9 complete,no issue 10 and issue 11 complete and no licence plate gift either seems to be a mess , did get a binder .here is what i have now
    issue 4 complete
    issue 5 not delivered
    issue 6 not delivered
    issue 7 complete
    issue 10 not delivered
    issue 11 complete
    i'm a bit angry at the way they send bits and pieces and leave you short and having to ring them all the time as emailing seems to be a waste of time

That sounds like eaglemoss......

I remember people having similar issues with delivery of the military watches collection magazine, they released that in Australia a few months later and then they had more stock

issue 4 complete
    issue 5 not delivered
    issue 6 not delivered
    issue 7 complete
    issue 10 not delivered
    issue 11 complete
    Hey Paddy,
    I feel your pain, Eaglemoss changed there distribution operations back in January and I was left hanging for 4 months with no issues, and as you can imagine I was so angry as they have no problem taking the money out,
    The service is god awful and I am not sure how they can get it so bad, all I can say is hang in there and it will be worth it in the end,  However if I was to start all over I would have just collected the issue every week in Easons as eaglemoss distribution is a Joke. 
    Hope you get a chance to put it together because it really is something else:-) feel free to post pictures here

ozmo wrote: »
    just an update ....here is what i have now
    issue 1 parts only no mag.. 5 not delivered.. 10 not delivered..issue 11 complete

Id bet the print run has passed and they don't have any old stock left of it - possibly only some shop returns left.

Ill call it a loss now return what you have and seek a refund - no use without a full set.

They might re-print it again in a few years if it was popular.
    Its not finished as they are still taking orders and opening up to new regions Like Australia and America, 
    They are just Awful at managing the orders, worst service ever!

any update? eager to see the progress

Hey Guys,

here is my latest update to the Delorean, hope you like it,

• Advertisement

Wow! it's really starting to come together now. I bet its heavy. Thanks for the continued photos etc.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Wow! it's really starting to come together now. I bet its heavy. Thanks for the continued photos etc.

It weighs a ton haha! I need to get a perspex case for it to protect from dust,

but yes, its coming together nicely and I got some pretty cool stuff to add to it on ebay, Ill post up here when I have the new pics in a few weeks,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ummm. When it's complete. if you were interested in selling I'm interested in buying!

amdublin wrote: »
    Ummm. When it's complete. if you were interested in selling I'm interested in buying!

Sorry Man, I don't think I could part with something like this, its consumed over a year of my life so far, Its with me for Life,

Thanks for the offer, I am sure there will be a few up for sale on ebay once the build is complete,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Sorry Man, I don't think I could part with something like this, its consumed over a year of my life so far, Its with me for Life,

Thanks for the offer, I am sure there will be a few up for sale on ebay once the build is complete,

Completely understand dude. I'll be scouring eBay!

Ps. I'm not a man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Ps. I'm not a man ;)

If you're looking for a completed version, eBay is probably the best route. UK and Ireland subscribers are up to issue 83 out of 130, so there is still another year to go before they will start becoming available.

If you're looking for a partially complete version, there are people on FaceBook selling theirs as they are so frustrated with Eaglemoss.

If you're looking at buying the whole thing in one go, Eaglemoss may have it available at the end (they do for the Millennium Falcon since that finished, anyway).

Ps. I'm not a man ;)

oops sorry, My apologies :-)

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    If you're looking for a completed version, eBay is probably the best route. UK and Ireland subscribers are up to issue 83 out of 130, so there is still another year to go before they will start becoming available.

If you're looking for a partially complete version, there are people on FaceBook selling theirs as they are so frustrated with Eaglemoss.

If you're looking at buying the whole thing in one go, Eaglemoss may have it available at the end (they do for the Millennium Falcon since that finished, anyway).

I just know I would start with best intentions and then never finish it. So yes fully complete
    oops sorry, My apologies :-)

No worries! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Hey Guys,

here is my latest update to the Delorean, hope you like it,

You need to get it on public display once you are finished!

I'd love to see it.

Would you think of approaching your local library or something to display it for a week or two?

• Advertisement

You need to get it on public display once you are finished!

I'd love to see it.

Would you think of approaching your local library or something to display it for a week or two?

Omg that would be so cool

Op that would be awesome!

Advertisement