Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

This guy from the Park Life video, and Quadrophenia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Apparently if you bhave mice it means you don't have rats. We always need to be careful about rats where I live, I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the canal yet my neighbour thinks it's ok to throw food into the middle of the cul-de-sac for 'de burds'. Yeah mate, birds love your leftover curry

I'd prefer rats, mice are dirty creatures, rats I find grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CramCycle wrote: »
    I'd prefer rats, mice are dirty creatures, rats I find grand.

1987_Splinter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great Van De Poel finish in the tour of Britain.

De Bhál wrote: »
    Great Van De Poel finish in the tour of Britain.

Trentin giving a thumbs up and a what could I do gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

eeeee wrote: »
    Noooooooo! I like to keep some in every room for protection. I figure if I have one or two civilised specimens they'll keep the rest out :o
    I still shudder after Big Spider Year. I went to hoover one and it was too big and heavy for the headless hoover noozle. The noise of them moving across carpet.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

Try to vacuum them next time instead. Might work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Aaaaaaaahhhh of all days for eurosport app to not work!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I saw a Garda car last night approach a juncto, throw on it's siren and power through to pull in at a station 150 metres up the road, all in an effort to save a 20 seconds?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Weepsie wrote: »
    I saw a Garda car last night approach a juncto, throw on it's siren and power through to pull in at a station 150 metres up the road, all in an effort to save a 20 seconds?

I've seen this a lot too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My locals do it all the time for an indian. Harris is trying to change the culture but the whole org chart is doing everything they can to resist it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

"The Force" as a whole needs a good boot up the hole. If it takes a MI5 operative to do it rather than one of our own, they have no-one to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I had a rear tyre blow out at the weekend a good 50km from home. Grabbed a lift into the local town from a cyclist that luckily happened to be parked near where it happened. He dropped me to the 'local' bike shop who proceeded to charge me €40 for a DSI something or other. He said it was all he had that'd fit. If it cost him more than three euro wholesale I'd be surprised.

I was charged €14 for a tube in another LBS recently.

I got great satisfaction from supporting a local business while they bent me over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

may be of interest to people here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/535183747252193/

for those not on facebook:
    Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 19:00
    Friends of the Earth Ireland
    9 Upper Mount Street, Dublin, Ireland

This will be the first planning meeting for the ‘Car-free Dublin’ campaign. All and anyone are welcome. The meeting will be held in the Friends of the Earth offices on Mount Street, just off Merrion Square. Just press the buzzer and we’ll let you in :)

What will be discussed:
    •Group values
    •What are reasonable goals/aims/requests
    •Demonstration ideas

Coming to this meeting does not mean committing yourself to anything. It will be a chance for you to see if the campaign is something you would like to dedicate yourself to. If you are interested, there will be a chance to sign up to a mailing list and/or online group at the end of the meeting.

What to bring:
    •An open mind
    •Ability to listen to others
    •Tolerance & Respect
    •Ideas!
    •Enthusiasm!

Hope to see you there ☺️����

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

I think we've all encountered this guy at some point :pac:

https://twitter.com/claudiascore/status/1174001056025645064

(audio NSFW, but worth listening to)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »

I love those guys, once its clear, usually pretty quickly, that it is all hot air, it becomes quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

He's like a geriatric Scrappy-Doo - "Lemme at 'im"

Some of the comments are gold:

"#SoundON - Road rage
    #SoundOFF -killing time at the traffic lights with a bit of interpretive dance"

buffalo wrote: »

I hate people

I hate people

Although after checking my Euromillions ticket turns out I have a little less hatred in my soul today. €2000, come to papa :D

Ha nice!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

god bless whoever got to @dublinbus before dublin bus did. that twitter account is brilliant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Although after checking my Euromillions ticket turns out I have a little less hatred in my soul today. €2000, come to papa :D

What bike are you going to get with it?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

What bike are you going to get with it?

There's an ex Pro Ridley I have my eye on, I need another couple of yoyos to add although given what I've spent on Doctors, physio, meds, MRI etc etc in the last 3 weeks the couple of grand has come in handy.

now commuting with a pannier bag.
    an unexpected issue; we have a pair of five month old kittens, and they are utterly obsessed with playing in or on this. i have to put it away where they can't get at it, i found four of their toys in it this morning when i went to fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

an unexpected issue; we have a pair of five month old kittens, and they are utterly obsessed with playing in or on this. i have to put it away where they can't get at it, i found four of their toys in it this morning when i went to fill it.

Yeah my cats sit on my saddle when I leave it on the tutbo. Saddle of course I'd ruined now from them using their claws

It's criminal that this post wasn't accompanied by kitten pics.
    Further pic less kitten posts will be deleted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Get the kittens a Penney's or Dunnes stores paper bag. Hours of endless fun as they hide and mug each other.

• Advertisement

Ours don't seem to bother with paper bags. However, I also cannot leave a sweaty cycling top down as otherwise you'd find a cat wrapped up in it in short order.

Advertisement