Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferry Crossing

• 27-08-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys.

A colleague of mine has told me about an experience he and his family had with a ferry company operating out of Ireland, to briefly summarise, they booked a cabin for the 8hr sailing and discovered half way through the sailing that one of the mattresses was covered in dried in bodily fluids, that would have appeared to have been there for some time, one of the other bunks had blotted blood stains on it.

He complained to the ferry company who issued a text book apology, a refund and a meal voucher and sent him on his merry way, however would anybody else think this is worth pursuing any further, they literally had to sit in the same clothing for up to four hours before the got home to change and shower. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Black Bart wrote: »
    Hi guys.

A colleague of mine has told me about an experience he and his family had with a ferry company operating out of Ireland, to briefly summarise, they booked a cabin for the 8hr sailing and discovered half way through the sailing that one of the mattresses was covered in dried in bodily fluids, that would have appeared to have been there for some time, one of the other bunks had blotted blood stains on it.

He complained to the ferry company who issued a text book apology, a refund and a meal voucher and sent him on his merry way, however would anybody else think this is worth pursuing any further, they literally had to sit in the same clothing for up to four hours before the got home to change and shower. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes, they should take it further. They should send the company an email or letter thanking them for resolving the issue quickly instead of a long drawn out process.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

May I ask have you travelled by sea lately?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What more are you expecting than a refund, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

He accepted their compensation, case closed I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Black Bart wrote: »
    May I ask have you travelled by sea lately?

Yes I have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement