Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Entry Requirements

Options
  • 13-08-2019 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

HI,

Can anyone tell me if Tallaght IT are rigid in their entry requirements for courses. Ie. Points requirement received, however Maths grade was one below the one needed for the course?

Anyway of arguing this, obviously, second/third rounds don't count as points reached were adequate?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Usually if you don't meet entry requirements you won't be offered place. However I do remember a few years ago a few colleges were allowing people to sit a separate maths exam to allow them get a place. This could be gone now though.

The Irish times have a very good online helpdesk today that is run by guidance counselors. I'd recommend you got onto that + ask your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CKTC

appledrop wrote: »
    Usually if you don't meet entry requirements you won't be offered place. However I do remember a few years ago a few colleges were allowing people to sit a separate maths exam to allow them get a place. This could be gone now though.

The Irish times have a very good online helpdesk today that is run by guidance counselors. I'd recommend you got onto that + ask your query.

Thanks Appledrop, I'll do that now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

I just checked the help desk myself + someone in similar situation to you was looking to get into engineering in DCU but one got one grade lower in Maths. They noted that DCU didn't offer extra maths exam but other colleges like Maynooth did.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Tallaght has the extra maths exam. Advice seems to be to contact admission office of the college but do post your query to see what the experts say.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CKTC

appledrop wrote: »
    I just checked the help desk myself + someone in similar situation to you was looking to get into engineering in DCU but one got one grade lower in Maths. They noted that DCU didn't offer extra maths exam but other colleges like Maynooth did.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Tallaght has the extra maths exam. Advice seems to be to contact admission office of the college but do post your query to see what the experts say.

Thanks, I really appreciate that, I've been trying to post my query but it keeps freezing! Have just been reading through too to see if I could find a similar answer

Advertisement