Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

• 27-01-2019 8:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Taking the opportunity to close the old Ray Darcy thread as we're closing in on the dreaded 10.000th post. As a reminder from the last thread:

Mod:
    No one is to suggest that another poster is in any way associated with Ray D'Arcy or the show

Personal abuse - fairly obvious, don't do it. Don't abuse the presenters, don't abuse each other.

No more "if you don't like x, then y". No more. People have to listen to the radio in work, people are entitled to listen to something they don't like. People are entitled to discuss that here. People are entitled to criticise, especially public personas, once this doesn't transcend into abuse.

Enough talk about "changing the station if you don't like it" or "I have the right to complain because I pay taxes" style of arguments please. This is suppose to be a discussion about what's being presented; how it's being presented etc. so please narrow down the discussion somewhat accordingly or we'll have to start handing out cards etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Haaaaaaaaa... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but we have to take a break now while we go to the Nuacht move to another thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He always drops a plug for an RTE product into the opening sermon.

6.01 news this time.

Should've mentioned the 4.05 Nuacht while he was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray has a silly / nervous laugh when Vicky Phelan said how the young girl who died recently should have been enjoying life and having kids - so unprofessional

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Nuacht at 4.09 today.

irish people arent bothered about direct provision Ray , they give out about Trump and Mexico but when its on their doorstep they dont care.
    Ray talks about people in direct provision suffering from depression but what about homeless here and those struggling to get by who suffer from depression ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

goochy wrote: »
    but what about homeless here and those struggling to get by who suffer from depression ?

they should eat porridge, take up running and have children ;)

"Is Roger Stone the man that links Donald Trump and Vladmir Putin".

Honestly, RTE are more like the National Enquirer since Trump got elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

"Is Roger Stone the man that links Donald Trump and Vladmir Putin".

Honestly, RTE are more like the National Enquirer since Trump got elected.

RTEs candidate didnt win so theyre still bitter and taking cheap digs at every opportunity. Id say theres yanks who voted for clinton who are less bitter about trump then rte

Angela Scanlon - what an annoying person - definitely not one of irelands great exports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Good God, Ray is in full proselytising mode today :)

• Advertisement

we need Fiona Looney on to remind us how great drinking can be - a bit of balance

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Good God, Ray is in full proselytising mode today :)

Ah Jaysus, he's at it again. Within 5 minutes into phone bashing. Would you ever change the tune, Ray?

More phone bashing.

That's mad

"It's sad that I won't be playing Michael Jackon songs any more".

Yeah Ray, sure, it will be like the way that you did your moral grandstanding on gambling when you first started with RTE by refusing to cover Cheltenham. It lasted about a year but it looked like it might damage your career so you put your morals to one side and proceeded to shovel all of the RTE money in to your account.

If there ever comes a day when Ray D'arcy can see a commitment through, I'll leave the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ray hasn't seen the upcoming Michael Jackson documentary but has already made up his mind. Says he won't be playing any of his songs in the future. One of the alleged victims, Wade Robson is a proven liar. I don't know who the other guy is, but he's a piece of $h1t as well. Strange how they waited so long and after he's dead. Robson testified for Michael in the 2005 bogus case, but now he's changed his story.

Edit: People should read the facts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Chandler

The FBI, with Tom Sneddon at the head of the witch hunt, spent millions of dollars investigating Michael Jackson thoroughly and turned up nothing.

dont have much time for these people coming out with these programmes when a persons dead , no way person can defend themselves - typical Ray nonsense- does he believe everything he sees on tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Didn't he say he would leave the country if enda Kenny got elected and he would never join RTE again...

Just tuned in and it's this first day of spring nonsense again. Every year he has to tell us why he's right.

And a bit of Hozier for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

He has 3 guests on today,Donnacha O'Callaghan,Peter Stringer and some music guest,I missed her name and he is after spending the first 35 mins of the show raving rubbish,what is supposed to be the best part of the show will be rushed and squeezed into less than an hour,very poor production

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Blanaid Ni Chofaigh about her swimming lessons......................................

• Advertisement

Darcy: "What the hardest part about Parkinsons"
    Guest: "Falling over"
    Darcy: "hah ah ah ah ah ah aha ah ah "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

More Amy humberman on Rte

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Rochester wrote: »
    Blanaid Ni Chofaigh about her swimming lessons......................................

She was on about them before

Hermoine Hennessy on to talk about her dead father.

Brian Dowling on to talk about his dead mother.

Death FM

Who's this chap - it's all 'I this, I that, Me this, Me that, I'm married, I'm married'.

His sister sounds thoughtful, decent and well balanced by comparison :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Michael joseph

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Who's this chap - it's all 'I this, I that, Me this, Me that, I'm married, I'm married'.

His sister sounds thoughtful, decent and well balanced by comparison :)

Brian Dowling - he won Big Brother or something

he won't shut up for 5 seconds, painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That nervous fake laugh that Ray does is unnerving.
    "Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

His programme is a constant discussion on death and issues that lead to it. Would seem he is working on his own issues and the death complex.

I wonder did their bump in to their dead father's parody act, Aonghus McAnally, while they were walking down the RTE corridors.

• Advertisement

Brian Dowling is friends with Donal Skehan - says it all -

Advertisement