Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Parking - less than 12 hours in advance? (Tomorrow Morning)

• 25-10-2009 10:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am going away tomorrow morning (Monday) for 2 days and don't want to spend €80 on parking in short term

I went to www.quickpark.ie but they will not accept my booking as it is less than 12 hours till I arrive.

What are my options, can I just go up normally into the long term car park, or how does it work?

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zascar wrote: »
    I am going away tomorrow morning (Monday) for 2 days and don't want to spend €80 on parking in short term

I went to www.quickpark.ie but they will not accept my booking as it is less than 12 hours till I arrive.

What are my options, can I just go up normally into the long term car park, or how does it work?

Advice appreciated.
    Just go into the DAA Red Long term car park beside ALSAA. It's open 24/7/364 and even accepts vehicles when it is full.

Quick Park also admit unbooked arrivals if they have room AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Laptop1

Not trying to be funny or anything, why don't you seriously take the Aircoach. They would be a damn bit cheaper. I've used it twice from Bray, through the Tunnel and bob's your uncle. :cool:

Laptop1 wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny or anything, why don't you seriously take the Aircoach. They would be a damn bit cheaper. I've used it twice from Bray, through the Tunnel and bob's your uncle. :cool:
    What if the OP lives in north Dublin, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What if the OP lives in Leitrim, for example?

Given that the OP's location is listed as "Dublin", it's not unreasonable to assume they're in Dublin and not Leitrim.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just go into the DAA Red Long term car park beside ALSAA. It's open 24/7/364 and even accepts vehicles when it is full.

Quick Park also admit unbooked arrivals if they have room AFAIK.

How does this work? Quantum parking spaces?

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    How does this work? Quantum parking spaces?
    The Red car aprk has about 12,000 marked out spaces. At absolute peak periods they then utilise all the grassy areas along the road ways. The roadway up to zones Y and Z would hold a few thousand extra vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The Red car aprk has about 12,000 marked out spaces. At absolute peak periods they then utilise all the grassy areas along the road ways. The roadway up to zones Y and Z would hold a few thousand extra vehicles.
    The red car park hasn't been full in over two years now at this stage. Even now at a bank holiday weekend it's at around half capacity.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers guys, I went into the red car park, just took at ticket at the gate. Its slightly more expensive at 9.50 a day but thats fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

What if the OP lives in north Dublin, for example?
    Good ninja edit

Advertisement