Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking near the Mater Hospital dublin for work

• 16-11-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just started working in the Mater Hospital, just wondering I live a fair bit away and need to use by car to get to and from work?

Just wondering, does anyone know of anywhere to park/car parks for 5 days a week?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The Mater has it's own car park which I have only used when I was going to Croke Park.Have you checked if there is an area reserved for staff ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

The Mater has it's own car park which I have only used when I was going to Croke Park.Have you checked if there is an area reserved for staff ?.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah unfortunately not, they just have a select few for consultants etc. I had it parked out on the pay and display but had to keep running out every 3 hours to move it and pay the meter. I was looking online to rent a space but there are none available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

bri007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Yeah unfortunately not, they just have a select few for consultants etc. I had it parked out on the pay and display but had to keep running out every 3 hours to move it and pay the meter. I was looking online to rent a space but there are none available.

Sorry I can't help you further.I live 130km approx from the Mater and only use the car park there which I pre-book online if I am going to Croke Park for a match or concert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where are you travelling from? not going to be easy getting parking around there, for 40+ hours a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just near the junction where John Doyle pub is, go about 50 yards towards the cathedral/church on cabra road, on right is a car park, think they have a 5euro daily rate, only a few mins walk to the mater from there

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3608097,-6.2735996,3a,75y,5.55h,86.29t,0.23r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPIoMZrCVrZxX0J5drZiOLQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just near the junction where John Doyle pub is, go about 50 yards towards the cathedral/church on cabra road, on right is a car park, think they have a 5euro daily rate, only a few mins walk to the mater from there

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3608097,-6.2735996,3a,75y,5.55h,86.29t,0.23r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPIoMZrCVrZxX0J5drZiOLQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Thanks a mill, must check this out, that would be great :) ill look into it tomorrw thanks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my concern would be that they're already fully booked.

my concern would be that they're already fully booked.

Do people book these ye?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Do people book these ye?

My mam actually works in the Mater too and she parks here. She doesn't book in advance. It's first come first served as far as I know, and I don't know of her ever not getting a space.

G_R wrote: »
    My mam actually works in the Mater too and she parks here. She doesn't book in advance. It's first come first served as far as I know, and I don't know of her ever not getting a space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Friend parks in Cabra and hoofs it in to Mater Private.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You'd want to be getting there early. It fills up fast.
    Or park in Cabra and walk down.some streets are pay and display

a pay and display street would usually allow a max stay of 3 hours, i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Any potential for parking near Broombridge and getting the new Luas line into one of the stations close to the Mater??

that's why i was asking where the OP is travelling from. the mater is fairly well served by public transport options. it's about 600m walk from drumcondra rail station, will be probably less than 1km from a luas stop, and is served by a lot of buses, probably too many to list.

You'd want to be getting there early. It fills up fast.
    Or park in Cabra and walk down.some streets are pay and display

What time would I need to be there at to get a spot before if gets full, and is it pay and display for the whole day?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Passed it yesterday - it's €1.50/hour or €6/day. Open 06:30-21:00 Mon-Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Go on to rent.ie or Gumtree.ie or just Google rent parking space in Dublin.

You'll find plenty of spaces for rent by the month. Expect to pay €85-100 per month, possibly more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Park on cabra road or ncr for free.

Or the Marlborough street car park does a loyalty deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hi, I have just started working in the Mater Hospital, just wondering I live a fair bit away and need to use by car to get to and from work?

Just wondering, does anyone know of anywhere to park/car parks for 5 days a week?

Thanks in advance

It would be really helpful to indicate where about you are coming from, ie the county or general area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It'll be an 8 minute walk from the new LUAS Phibsboro stop to the hospital once it opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, have you considered asking your colleagues - the people who work in the Mater? Chances are that they have researched it to death and know every trick in the book.

Amazes me when someone says they've started working in xxx place (big gaff, loads of employees) and then start asking questions off anonymous people on the internet about the pension scheme, parking etc.

Advertisement