Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bikes €150 Hold

Options
  • 13-06-2016 6:36pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question.

How long do they generally hold this for? I signed up for a three day ticket but most likely will sign up for annual after I tried a few things on my commute but I just want to ask about the €150 hold.

1) Since I have a 3 day ticket, will they return the €150 after it finishes?
    2) If I sign up for annual, will they take ANOTHER €150 on top?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

devnull wrote: »
    Quick question.

How long do they generally hold this for? I signed up for a three day ticket but most likely will sign up for annual after I tried a few things on my commute but I just want to ask about the €150 hold.

1) Since I have a 3 day ticket, will they return the €150 after it finishes?
    2) If I sign up for annual, will they take ANOTHER €150 on top?

Thanks

The 150 is only a request and will not be deducted from you account if your bike is not returned within the 24 h limit.

What will most likely happen is the current request will be cancelled and a new request made.

See Below:
    http://www.dublinbikes.ie/How-does-it-work/Frequently-Asked-Questions/Subscriptions

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I know, but essentially it is gone from your account because it reduces avaliable funds even if it does not take the money and it stays in pending.

Might just wait till after the 3 day has expired and then sign up for annual, although that means I have no access until the card arrives.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

devnull wrote: »
    I know, but essentially it is gone from your account because it reduces avaliable funds even if it does not take the money and it stays in pending.

Might just wait till after the 3 day has expired and then sign up for annual, although that means I have no access until the card arrives.

If you're talking about access to using DublinBikes, I think you now get a code to use when waiting for an annual card to arrive -- at least that's what happens when you lose a card and look for a replacement.

Can't answer your other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

monument wrote: »
    If you're talking about access to using DublinBikes, I think you now get a code to use when waiting for an annual card to arrive -- at least that's what happens when you lose a card and look for a replacement.

Can't answer your other questions.

That is correct, you get a mail saying your card is on the way but in the meantime you can use this code. There's a lag between you signing up and getting the mail but I think it was same day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just be mindful that at times the service can be unreliable. Just this morning I ended up walking from James's to the Green. No bikes available at the roughly 5 stands I passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Just be mindful that at times the service can be unreliable. Just this morning I ended up walking from James's to the Green. No bikes available at the roughly 5 stands I passed.

Not unreliable.

Just in high demand. Download the app and you'll know ahead of time where the bikes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Is there not an app where you can check availability or bike and spaces?

eeguy wrote: »
    Not unreliable.

Just in high demand. Download the app and you'll know ahead of time where the bikes are.

High demand = no bikes = not able to rely on it

Same again this morning even though the app showed 9 bikes at James's

Advertisement